Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Contracts Announced At Last

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I dont see whats wrong in raising questions and not being able to give answers. What happened to supporters being able to have opinions? Or does asking questions of team selection, tactics, whatever, not count as opinions?

I consider my role is to support the club, attend games etc, not run it, not pick the team, not advise on who should go / stay / get a pay rise. If I dont agree with some of the decisions, am I not allowed to ask why suc and such has been done, without saying what you should have done is this?

If I am required to give some sort of strategic steer, perhaps one of the members of staff at the club could help me with travel arrangements and which pubs to go to for away games, something which I currently research myself, unlike some quarterwits on here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Arrid said:
we haven't got one
So, the scouting network which unearthed...

Bobby Zamora
Whathisface Kerekes
Leon Knight
Sebastien Carole
Alex Frutos
Doug Loft
Over 15 youth team players who have signed for the first team
etc etc

...doesn't exist?

Jeff Wood: don't recall having an opinion at the time, or if I did, I don't remember what it was. Hindsight says that his management tenure wasn't that good. What's the point you are making.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Weren't Frutos and Carole brought to our attention via an agent rather than our scouting network?

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tubby Mondays said:
I dont see whats wrong in raising questions and not being able to give answers. What happened to supporters being able to have opinions? Or does asking questions of team selection, tactics, whatever, not count as opinions?

I consider my role is to support the club, attend games etc, not run it, not pick the team, not advise on who should go / stay / get a pay rise. If I dont agree with some of the decisions, am I not allowed to ask why suc and such has been done, without saying what you should have done is this?

If I am required to give some sort of strategic steer, perhaps one of the members of staff at the club could help me with travel arrangements and which pubs to go to for away games, something which I currently research myself, unlike some quarterwits on here.
I just feel that a lot more credibility would be apparent if someone could not only point out the negatives, but possibly consider a solution. Moaning about something is easy, but how about challenging one's own mind to offer an alternative rather than - something an awful lot of people do - purely to point the finger and blame.

I do find that so... vulgar. :ohmy:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can someone explain the Turienzo bit to me?

I didn't think he was on a 1 year deal, I thought it was 3. In which case, how have we released him? Has he requested to be released and we have therefore agreed because he is cack, or have we had to pay up his contract to get him out :eek:

It would be nice to think we were able to sell his registration back to his agent in the same way as we had to buy it, but I've got a nasty feeling we have spent more money to cancel his remaining contract.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On the others, I hope to be proved wrong about Butters and Chippy, but they looked to be on their last legs for the second half of last season. Butters was being done very badly for pace and mobility all over the place, while Chippy just looked washed up.

Oatway and especially Hart can feel aggrieved at not getting longer deals - 2 years would seem right.

Nicolas. Dunno, MM has sent out all sorts of mixed messages on him lately. Maybe no contract was offered because Alexis had made it perfectly clear he had no interest in staying.

McCammon - we are back to a search for a big taget man. A short term deal would have made sense to me. If we sign someone better then he goes at the end of that deal, if not then he may be the best we have. Instead we are relying on our ability in the transfer market. :down:

Mayo - good, hope he stays.

Dodd - fair enough.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
The Large One said:
I just feel that a lot more credibility would be apparent if someone could not only point out the negatives, but possibly consider a solution. Moaning about something is easy, but how about challenging one's own mind to offer an alternative rather than - something an awful lot of people do - purely to point the finger and blame.

I do find that so... vulgar. :ohmy:

Its easier said then done though isnt it? If youre at a game and you feel that someone is not doing as well as they could do (PC Speak for playing badly there) What do people shout (if they feel the need to? 'Youre crap (insert name)!' Or 'Youre crap (insert name) instead of playing the way that you are currently playing, why dont you use the width of the pitch, keep it tight at the back and let the ball do the work'.

Unfortunately we do live in a blame culture, and where sport in general, and football in particular, someone usually the manager will be pointed at and blamed, thats why some good players dont make it in management, not lack of football knowledge but the shit that comes with it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
So, the scouting network which unearthed...

Bobby Zamora
Whathisface Kerekes
Leon Knight
Sebastien Carole
Alex Frutos
Doug Loft
Over 15 youth team players who have signed for the first team
etc etc

...doesn't exist?

Jeff Wood: don't recall having an opinion at the time, or if I did, I don't remember what it was. Hindsight says that his management tenure wasn't that good. What's the point you are making.

The 15 youth team players would have been picked up by other sources rather than the first team coaches etc.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Keeping Chippy is the biggest joke off them all, he can't pass, he is to slow whilst holding the ball, loses procession cheaply, his set-pieces have been absolutely shocking all season.

To top it all off we get rid off one of our good midfielders at the club Alexis Nicholas.

If we don't sign good replacements in the next couple of months, then I'm going to fear the worst and say we might get relegated.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tubby Mondays said:
Its easier said then done though isnt it? If youre at a game and you feel that someone is not doing as well as they could do (PC Speak for playing badly there) What do people shout (if they feel the need to? 'Youre crap (insert name)!' Or 'Youre crap (insert name) instead of playing the way that you are currently playing, why dont you use the width of the pitch, keep it tight at the back and let the ball do the work'.

Unfortunately we do live in a blame culture, and where sport in general, and football in particular, someone usually the manager will be pointed at and blamed, thats why some good players dont make it in management, not lack of football knowledge but the shit that comes with it.
I wasn't thinking so much about terrace talk, I was mainly thinking about response on here.

In the instance of your first paragraph, I do it myself to a point. I am more likely to shout 'Come on [insert name], do some work, look bloody lively', rather 'Oi [insert name], you're bloody shit'. I've never found the latter much help.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
The 15 youth team players would have been picked up by other sources rather than the first team coaches etc.
That's what I am saying, they were picked up as part of our scouting network. The network would also include people not directly employed by the club.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here