Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss Poor Palace attendance tonight

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Shame they won though - our game against the Nigels will be tough but I hope we can get the win.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not at all attractive, a score seems pretty steep.
Indeed. f***ing hell, it's a bit laughable comparing their attendances to ours - we've played FIVE competitive matches at the Amex, which happens to be one of the best places to watch professional football in the country. They are charging league prices to watch a Championship team in the 3rd round of the least important competition they entered.

No wonder their gate looked a bit "Brentford" last night.

I do, however, reserve the right to take the piss out of their utterly toilet league gates this season. Very amusing.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If Palace had been in a position where they had to repay their debts in full instead of using money owed to their small and medium local businesses to to buy (by their standards) success (by staying in the Championship) and then use administration to avoid playing those buinesses back what was owed i can tell you now that they wouldn't be anywhere close to the division they are in now, they would have been forced to sell their ground and better players before plummeting back down the leagues

To gloat that they were in a higher division and therefore a bigger and better club as a result of their cheating ways in using Administration to escape the majority of their debt is a bit pathetic tbh. Well they don't have this option again and when it invariably goes wrong again or they have to start to live within their means, they will end up with a squad that isn't good enough for the Championship and they will drop back down the divisions to where they should have been all along. They have only posponed the inevitable.

This is all I hear from Albion fans, they bring this admin point up every time so they can gloss over how shit they have been themselves for years on end. As I said, our most recent admin was different, an aggressive hedge fund called in the debt all at once and without notice, if this happened every time them half the clubs in the football league would go into admin.

You also say these amazing players that we bought that kept us in the division. Again wrong. Our successful players from the past decade have cost us minimal sums, people like Andy Johnson, Shaun Derry, Aki Rihilathi, Dougie Freedman, Clinton Morrison, Darren Ambrose, Julian Speroni and youngsters like Watson, Moses and Routeledge from our academy (which was started long before our financial problems hit) I've said it before but I'll say it again. The players we paid out big fees for where Akinbyi, Kuqi and Macken and there contribution only had a negative effect, they were all major flops. Add to that the pay offs we forked out for shit managers like Smith, Francis, Dowie and Taylor and your begin to see where the money really went. I doubt the recession helped either!

Before our first admin we had been in the top 2 division for nearly 25 years so that proves we are a club big enough to stay in the top 2 leagues. You also say it's inevitable that we will go into the lower leagues unless we cheat again. Why? The signs under Freedman are very promising, the squad this year is mid table at worst, our talented youngsters have signed up long term, our crowds are no where near the worst in the league and will only get better if Freedman's reign continues as it has started, and there's plans for a new stadium and training ground. I'd say we have more chance of the Prem in the next few years rather than relegation.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This is all I hear from Albion fans, they bring this admin point up every time so they can gloss over how shit they have been themselves for years on end. As I said, our most recent admin was different, an aggressive hedge fund called in the debt all at once and without notice, if this happened every time them half the clubs in the football league would go into admin.

You also say these amazing players that we bought that kept us in the division. Again wrong. Our successful players from the past decade have cost us minimal sums, people like Andy Johnson, Shaun Derry, Aki Rihilathi, Dougie Freedman, Clinton Morrison, Darren Ambrose, Julian Speroni and youngsters like Watson, Moses and Routeledge from our academy (which was started long before our financial problems hit) I've said it before but I'll say it again. The players we paid out big fees for where Akinbyi, Kuqi and Macken and there contribution only had a negative effect, they were all major flops. Add to that the pay offs we forked out for shit managers like Smith, Francis, Dowie and Taylor and your begin to see where the money really went. I doubt the recession helped either!

Before our first admin we had been in the top 2 division for nearly 25 years so that proves we are a club big enough to stay in the top 2 leagues. You also say it's inevitable that we will go into the lower leagues unless we cheat again. Why? The signs under Freedman are very promising, the squad this year is mid table at worst, our talented youngsters have signed up long term, our crowds are no where near the worst in the league and will only get better if Freedman's reign continues as it has started, and there's plans for a new stadium and training ground. I'd say we have more chance of the Prem in the next few years rather than relegation.

You keep on about the plans for the new stadium,where is it going to be built,when is it going to be built...how are you going to finance it?
Answers on a ciggie paper please...I asked this before and the deathly silence that was the reply was outstanding...over to you!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's called rivalry.

If what the 'rivalry' amounts to is the tedium of arguing the toss about Carling Cup attendances, time to knock the Albion-Palace 'rivalry' on the head, frankly. Indifference is the way to show you don't care about Palace.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
out of curiousity to the many,many Palace fans on here - I noticed Boro were behind the goal last night, same for us when we come up there?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I think you know full well the fact that players sign a long contract means f all about their loyalty and how long they will stay. It's a way for the club to make sure they can't leave on the cheap, nothing more. Say a big club came sniffing around for Zaha, he could easily slap in a transfer request and force his move away. Things are looking very good for you guys at the moment though, no one can rightly deny that and going on about league cup attendances is neither here nor there.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
not going through 8 pages, but if it was £20 to get in I take my hat off to the 5,000 that did go, I fuckin hate palace and i'll join in almost any type of banter, piss taking etc, I just think its early days to be taking the piss out of their support in the cup

£15 apparently, but the point still stands about them playing Middlesbrough on Saturday and the league cup not exactly being everyone's priority

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You keep on about the plans for the new stadium,where is it going to be built,when is it going to be built...how are you going to finance it?
Answers on a ciggie paper please...I asked this before and the deathly silence that was the reply was outstanding...over to you!

From what the owners have said, I believe the stadium move is very much on. It will take time to complete though, as you know, Falmer took years. I would imagine it would be financed by the sale of Selhurst and some money invested by the board.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
£15 apparently, but the point still stands about them playing Middlesbrough on Saturday and the league cup not exactly being everyone's priority

It was £20.00 on the night, a lot of people paid on the gate. Your point about our young players signing long deals and not staying the full length of there contract is a valid one, I don't think for one minute we could keep them for 4 years if we don't get promoted, there too good and will attract interest from the big clubs. But it's win win for us, they stay with us or they will be sold for a large fee and that can be reinvested in the squad.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apparantly there is some 17 year old midfielder who played a blinder for you lot last nite. Williams or something?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It was £20.00 on the night, a lot of people paid on the gate. Your point about our young players signing long deals and not staying the full length of there contract is a valid one, I don't think for one minute we could keep them for 4 years if we don't get promoted, there too good and will attract interest from the big clubs. But it's win win for us, they eitherstart or they will be sold for a large fee and that can be reinvested in the squad.

Or into the black hole that seems to eat money in the fees to get a new ground through the planning process and built.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
out of curiousity to the many,many Palace fans on here - I noticed Boro were behind the goal last night, same for us when we come up there?

No, we only put away fans behind the goal for cup games. The Arthur Wait stand is where you will be located. Unfortunaltey they have moved away fans to the other end of the Arthur so you won't be right next to the Holmesdale stand which means less banter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here