Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss Poor Palace attendance tonight

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If I was a mod. IF I would ban any Palace **** that keeps using plastics.

They just cant grasp the word RETURNING. Anything else fair game (queers, bennys, gays, wonky warehouse, 26 years etc etc) but not that. But they just dont LISTEN/read which, as another poster said, there is no point arguing with a moron as it just brings you down to their level.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
If I was a mod. IF I would ban any Palace **** that keeps using plastics.

They just cant grasp the word RETURNING. Anything else fair game (queers, bennys, gays, wonky warehouse, 26 years etc etc) but not that. But they just dont LISTEN/read which, as another poster said, there is no point arguing with a moron as it just brings you down to their level.

Banned for using the word 'plastics'? Do me a favour! I can't think of any other word for it and 'RETURNING' would definitely not be one of them, if I could.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because its been proved reasonably and conclusively that the majority of those inside the Amex are returning supporters. I reckon a couple of hundred max are the plastics as you put it which is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

But no you keep on and on and on and on about it. So yes a ban I think is in order.

Its been proven as well that when your lot get promoted to the prem you suddenly get an extra 10k so just f***ing leave it about plastics.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Have you got proof of this?

Yes. My next door neighbour (at the time) is/was a Palace fan. He was at the game and told me.Iwas also there and could clearly see the empty seats.

Re 'plastics' - all clubs have fans who go to all games, and some who go to a few, as proven by your crowd last night. If you go up to the Prem, you'll get an extra 7-10k on your ates. All plastics?

As I said before, when I started going to the Goldstone, we had bigger crowds than we are getting now - were all these supporters 'plastics'?

Anyway, enough of this, I'm out too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have you got proof of this?

The "Worthing" end at Withdean had seating for 894 fans. Man City , FCUM , Southampton , Leeds , Leicester , Norwich , Charlton , Portsmouth , Millwall etc etc all managed to actually achieve a sellout so how come Palace were only given a 700 allocation ? more like thats all that could be sold as the schoolkids couldn't afford the train fare down to Brighton.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As much as I love slating the Palace, as much as I think Little Al is a polished turd, as much as I'd love to see them humbled at every opportunity, as much as I feel enraged every time I see someone wearing that odious red and blue kit, and as much as I'd love to have the wings of a seagull and the arse of a cow, can we stop this pathetic p*ss-taking of their Carling Cup crowds. The comeback from them is sooooo easy, how many would we have got at The Withdean against Middlesborough, in the same competition - probably about the same.
Until we have 5 or 6 years of the kind of crowds we're getting now, let's just ignore their attendances. We all know their gates go up and down depending on the opposition, as much as ours used to. Remember we haven't had the kind of crowds we are getting now for the best part of 30yrs and those of us who put up with the Withdean for the last dozen years remember the crap atmosphere and crowds - yes, I know it was because of the crap ground we had, but the figures on paper don't lie. The scum have had better gates than us for ages, one swallow does not a summer make.
WHY?
They have been laughing at our small crowds and demise for bloody years,its been a long time coming.:D

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The "Worthing" end at Withdean had seating for 894 fans. Man City , FCUM , Southampton , Leeds , Leicester , Norwich , Charlton , Portsmouth , Millwall etc etc all managed to actually achieve a sellout so how come Palace were only given a 700 allocation ? more like thats all that could be sold as the schoolkids couldn't afford the train fare down to Brighton.

You all love to harp on about how we didn't sell out. I stood in the aisle as there was no way I was effectively missing the game by sitting in the front row.

Also, if we didn't sell out then neither did you. I bet you didn't have all the ticket restrictions we did either?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

I know for a fact that we did sell out that day (through a box office employee who still works for the club to this day). The extra spaces were purely for safety reasons I.e stewards and policing, the two clubs where concerned by the trouble that flared up after the 0-0 in 2003 so an agreement by the two was made. We would have easily sold out triple the allocation if we could have, to say we didn't is complete bollox.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
But no you keep on and on and on and on about it. So yes a ban I think is in order.

Its been proven as well that when your lot get promoted to the prem you suddenly get an extra 10k so just f***ing leave it about plastics.
Bloody hell you're a bit precious aren't you? Brighton fans come on the bbs calling us all manner of things with pikies,scum,looters being the least offensive.I look at plastic fans as being ones who come when the going is good ,like at yours now but were not there when the times were hard and they were most needed.
There are a lot of plastics be honest.

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
Croydex Solid Wood Toilet Seat, Mahogany. Available at Amazon reclaimed from Selhurst. £28.99 Fits all arses. Many unused!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Bloody hell you're a bit precious aren't you? Brighton fans come on the bbs calling us all manner of things with pikies,scum,looters being the least offensive.I look at plastic fans as being ones who come when the going is good ,like at yours now but were not there when the times were hard and they were most needed.

Just like you when you went up for your oh so brief spell in the Premiership.

Where are all those missing Palace plastics now - eh ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Before you try the same pathetic question for me.

I was there.

So you rushed home to log into a BHA forum to celebrate. And you call us pathetic?

Palace fans don't do irony but if they did.....they'd be shit at that too.

f*** me, what do you guys do to celebrate a really bug win? Re-arrange the towels in the airing cupboard or something? You dull little people.

Begone.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing

Like the ones that will be filling your proposed new stadium?
I accept the fact there's a percentage of our fans who are new fans but as long as they're making the club richer i don't give a shit.
I also accept the fact there were shedloads of Brighton fans who hated Withdean, What was there to like about it? But you have a decent enough 'traditional' stadium & can't sell it out. How do you expect to sell out your new stadium?

I accept the fact there's a percentage of our fans who are new fans but as long as they're making the club richer i don't give a shit.
I also accept the fact there were shedloads of Brighton fans who hated Withdean, What was there to like about it? But you have a decent enough 'traditional' stadium & can't sell it out. How do you expect to sell out your new stadium?

They also choose to ignore that during the Wankdean years, away averages swelled - ie, people just gave up going to "home" games, myself included. Charging everyday people money to sit in that wretched place was an insult.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

You've answered your own question there. Of course we'd have an influx of new fans at Crystal Palace Park - it's a potential new stadium in a different part of South London for a start.

You'll find that most Palace fans aren't actually criticising your new wave of support. It's the fact that so many of you have suddenly started slating our support because we don't have a lot of plastics, is that really justified?

Anyone on here who denies that you've got a lot of fairweather fans needs a wakeup call. Half the season ticket holders I know at Falmer support a Premier League club. I don't know anyone at Palace who does the same.

You've answered your own question there. Of course we'd have an influx of new fans at Crystal Palace Park - it's a potential new stadium in a different part of South London for a start.

You'll find that most Palace fans aren't actually criticising your new wave of support. It's the fact that so many of you have suddenly started slating our support because we don't have a lot of plastics, is that really justified?

Anyone on here who denies that you've got a lot of fairweather fans needs a wakeup call. Half the season ticket holders I know at Falmer support a Premier League club. I don't know anyone at Palace who does the same.

How can they "support" a team they never go and see when they pay good money to travel to another club's stadium every other week? It's like I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle, I look out for their results and talk about them. Am I a plastic for that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here