Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss Poor Palace attendance tonight

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bloody hell you're a bit precious aren't you? Brighton fans come on the bbs calling us all manner of things with pikies,scum,looters being the least offensive.I look at plastic fans as being ones who come when the going is good ,like at yours now but were not there when the times were hard and they were most needed.
There are a lot of plastics be honest.

But things weren't necessarily 'good' when the season tickets were purchased. The Albion deserve a lot of credit for the way they marketed the tickets, especially making them affordable via the direct debit route.

As for bans for using 'plastics' no chance.

If we flounder in the bottom half of this division in a few seasons no doubt crowds will fall, to what level, I have no idea, and neither, I suspect, do you.

Arguments about who is the 'bigger' club are inherently pathetic though, if anyone thinks they are better than another person due to attendance levels at a local sports club they really need their bumps felt, although the nearest club to me play at a place called Old Trafford...........

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4398781 said:
How can they "support" a team they never go and see when they pay good money to travel to another club's stadium every other week? It's like I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle, I look out for their results and talk about them. Am I a plastic for that?

You tell me? Whenever I try and give them banter regarding Brighton they either a) Know nothing and hide, or b) Tell me they support Arsenal, Chelsea et al.

There are plenty of people in Brighton who do the same, I know a Liverpool fan who bought a season ticket at Falmer for the first time and he's incredibly excited about tonight.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace will only get decent crowds (20K) when they groundshare at stadium:mk after the funding for the proposed new stadium at Crystal Palace falls through.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Palace will only get decent crowds (20K) when they groundshare at stadium:mk after the funding for the proposed new stadium at Crystal Palace falls through.

Er, we got crowds over 20k last season on more than one occasion. If Freedman's good start to the season can continue and we're in or around the play offs around Feb-March then I'd expect the gates to hit 20k+

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
By the way, serious question, how much was the cheapest Amex adult season ticket? Our's (in the Holmesdale) was £355 if purchased well in advance (November 2010) rising to £450 in June

You tell me? Whenever I try and give them banter regarding Brighton they either a) Know nothing and hide, or b) Tell me they support Arsenal, Chelsea et al.

There are plenty of people in Brighton who do the same, I know a Liverpool fan who bought a season ticket at Falmer for the first time and he's incredibly excited about tonight.

Thank Goodness we have you, the official Amex fans census guide :rolleyes:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Er, we got crowds over 20k last season on more than one occasion. If Freedman's good start to the season can continue and we're in or around the play offs around Feb-March then I'd expect the gates to hit 20k+

Might be sub 12k by then when in the bottom 4 and Murray's goal tally gets to 6.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I don't mean to piss on your fireworks and dampen the embers of your delusions. But here's the facts.

When season tickets went on sale (excluding the 1901 and corporate packages) they went on sale to long standing season ticket holders who could also invite up to 3 family members/friends......... when this STH of BHA +friends/family was finished, the remainder went on general sale, by which time the remaining tickets were less than 1000 for home fans and in the worst parts of the ground.

Maybe, there were "plastics" as you call them who managed to get their hands on the the less than 1000 left overs ahead of Albion fans, it was a binfest.

But the vast majority went to Albion STH and their friends/family.

I hadn't been a season tickets holder since 2002 due work and chose to go to most away games when I could. been an Albion fans since the 70's who got invite for Amex through my Grandad who was a withdean STH.

16000 plastics?..................f*ck off

Returning Albion STH, vast majority are Albion fans

Last edited:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Some of you are pathetic. I can't be bothered to read all twelve pages of this thread, but for crying out loud, who cares if some of our fans won't pay to go and watch our reserves at home to Middlesborough reserves in the mickey mouse cup after we've just played them on Saturday?

It's like you've completely forgotten that, up to this year, you've been scraping around for an attendance over 5000. I don't want to mention plastics at the AMEX, as personally I don't think there are that many, and even if there are, it's better that they go and watch their local team, even if that unfortunately happens to be you.

Get off your high horses, the lot of ya.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here