Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss Poor Palace attendance tonight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The comeback from them is sooooo easy, how many would we have got at The Withdean against Middlesborough, in the same competition - probably about the same.
But the Withdean was even worse then Sellhurt. At a real football stadium, we'd have got more.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
3 years? Wow it must have been very difficult for you. I can't even imagine the horror of three years of average or poor football, yeah that must have been so shit. Remind me, how long were we travelling to Gillingham, or playing in a f***ing athletics track? And our attendances averaged out at 6-7k? You're a f***ing joke club, 3 years down the bottom of the league you all seem so keen to remind us of your pride for, and all your 'loyal fans' with 'more passion' can't even half-fill your ramshackle shithole. New stadium or no new stadium, promotion or no promotion, your lot know sweet f*** all about loyalty. I f***ing LOVE how much we're suddenly on your radar again. Who'd've known the combination of fear, denial and hands-over-the-eyes-la-la-laaing would be so evident so quickly?

I'm just responding to the shite threads about my club. In the time taken to write your post, another thread about us has popped up, you're the obsssed one's. Our attendences in the last 6 years haven't dropped significantly, my point was after 3 years of crap football on the pitch and ad
Administration, our fans stuck together and we fought like hell to keep our club alive. In your hour of need, your fans f***ed off. There excuse, a shit stadium and crap football.

Last edited:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I'm just responding to the shite threads about my club. In the time taken the tight your post, another thread about us has popped up, you're the obsssed one's. Our attendences in the last 6 years haven't dropped significantly, my point was after 3 years of crap football on the pitch and ad
Administration, our fans stuck together and we fought like hell to keep our club alive. In your hour of need, your fans f***ed off. There excuse, a shit stadium and crap football.

Surely you'd admit that your attendance tonight was piss poor though. Were the tickets still only a tenner?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Oh really...... What of all the South London and proud posters all over advertising boards, trying to rustle up a few more JCL STH? and even though its failed and your average attendances are going down, you still think your crowds can magically increase without your plastic palace JCL campaigns? you have a stadium that holds 26000 today? so why the empty seats?

In the days of post Archer destruction where we still paid our bills whilst at the same time you lived the high life at the expense of businesses destroyed - you WERE the bigger club.

Sadly those days are gone now love. "face it" your "Bigger club" and "loyal fans" amounts to a rabble of less than 5448 still trying to cling onto the past, unable to accept the present thereby swapping reality with delusion. Fact.

So boring. 15,000 at a time where money is tight to many families and the last 2 seasons have been pretty damn poor, it's a fair crowd. Once Gus fucks off, you stop winning (not long) and the novelty of the new stadium passes, your crowds will PLUMMET and you know it's true. Ask any neutral, Palace are the bigger club, past, present and future.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm just responding to the shite threads about my club. In the time taken the tight your post, another thread about us has popped up, you're the obsssed one's. Our attendences in the last 6 years haven't dropped significantly, my point was after 3 years of crap football on the pitch and ad

you could only manage a pathetic 5448 at HOME tonight against good oppostion, just around the corner in Selhurst Park. how many of those wonderful loyal and passionate fans would travel 140 miles to watch you if you were ground sharing with say Oxford every week?

Nah, thought not

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I've read some b*llocks in my time, but this takes the biscuit. You are a clueless f*ck. I must have missed the bit about Palace playing 65miles from home for two years. As we have said a million times, we overspent and we lost our ground, best players etc thanks to a board of asset strippers, but we ultimately paid back our debts. You overspent and you went in to admin twice, not paying back your debts, not having to sell your best players etc and not having to play at f*cking Gillingham for two years.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Surely you'd admit that your attendance tonight was piss poor though. Were the tickets still only a tenner?

Not great I admit, but tickets were £20 on the gate and we had played them on Saturday. I'm sure a lot of fans decided to spend there money on next Tuesday instead, I'm fortunate enough to afford both but some families are in a position where money is tight and sacrifies have to be made.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

Our fans f***ed off? Like the ones who went to Gillingham? Like Fans Utd? Like the countless campaigns for Falmer, presenting tens of thousands of names to No10, the Marches, the shit Charity Singles, the collections, the going week-in, week-out, to the Withdean in the pissing rain against f***ing fourth tier shit? Yeah we're definitely disloyal. You've had THREE seasons of a disappointing on/off the pitch situation. THREE. Come back and moan about your situation when you've had FOURTEEN. Bleat all the nonsense you like about us, sure, claim everyone's a JCL (the Withdean couldn't hold 26k unlike your place by the way, so it would've been difficult to get them all in), claim the stadium is identikit, claim our shirt looks like a tesco bag. Fine. But lacking loyalty? That sort of comment, along with your complete failure to grasp basic grammar, spelling or punctuation, is just damning evidence of your own staggering fucktardery. I personally don't give a shit how many fans you had to a mid-week cup game, basically every stadium in the country isn't full for that fixture, but what's your excuse for the half-empty ground on Saturdays? Where are the vast hordes of loyal, entirely non-JCL, dyed-in-the-wool, bleed-red-and-blue Palace fans then?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So boring. 15,000 at a time where money is tight to many families and the last 2 seasons have been pretty damn poor, it's a fair crowd. Once Gus fucks off, you stop winning (not long) and the novelty of the new stadium passes, your crowds will PLUMMET and you know it's true. Ask any neutral, Palace are the bigger club, past, present and future.

Bloody Hell, I always wondered what it would be like to get the Genie in to bottle........ Please, what are Fridays Euromillions numbers? who will win the 3:45 at Wolverhampton on Thursday, and be a good chap could you let me know the first goal scorer in next years FA Cup final? I'll even donate a % to the St Johns Ambulence. What do you say?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I have no issue with Palace, and agree the OP does seem obsessed with them, but some of your comments are way off the mark. The one things our fans did not do was f*** off when the chips were down. We fought a pretty savvy campaign, maximised publicity, won hearts and minds for the stadium and have been rewarded.

We've also been lucky to have found a rich chairman to underwrite the stadium. You know that both Goldberg and Jordan let their hearts rule their heads and it nearly cost you dear. I hope TB does not do the same, time will tell, but he seems very astute.

As for crowing about attendance and support, we didn't even sell out our full allocation at end of last season to see us win the league at Walsall, people in glass houses etc.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
you could only manage a pathetic 5448 at HOME tonight against good oppostion, just around the corner in Selhurst Park. how many of those wonderful loyal and passionate fans would travel 140 miles to watch you if you were ground sharing with say Oxford every week?

Nah, thought not

And Withdean?

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
And the news from Selhurst just gets better and better.

Scannell and Williams signing on the dotted line for more years in red and blue shirts. Zaha still has 4 years on his new deal as well.

At least Simon Jordan done one useful thing for this club. An Academy rolling out better players every year.

I hope all 3 play next week. You do win things with kids.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Our fans f***ed off? Like the ones who went to Gillingham? Like Fans Utd? Like the countless campaigns for Falmer, presenting tens of thousands of names to No10, the Marches, the shit Charity Singles, the collections, the going week-in, week-out, to the Withdean in the pissing rain against f***ing fourth tier shit? Yeah we're definitely disloyal. You've had THREE seasons of a disappointing on/off the pitch situation. THREE. Come back and moan about your situation when you've had FOURTEEN. Bleat all the nonsense you like about us, sure, claim everyone's a JCL (the Withdean couldn't hold 26k unlike your place by the way, so it would've been difficult to get them all in), claim the stadium is identikit, claim our shirt looks like a tesco bag. Fine. But lacking loyalty? That sort of comment, along with your complete failure to grasp basic grammar, spelling or punctuation, is just damning evidence of your own staggering fucktardery. I personally don't give a shit how many fans you had to a mid-week cup game, basically every stadium in the country isn't full for that fixture, but what's your excuse for the half-empty ground on Saturdays? Where are the vast hordes of loyal, entirely non-JCL, dyed-in-the-wool, bleed-red-and-blue Palace fans then?

My post wasn't meant to sound like I was having a go at the loyal Withdean crowd, I have great respect for them. It was aimed at the extra 16,000 that turn up now waving there silly flags.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Add this to my post, cos I should have said all this. Fucktardery - great turn of phrase that.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And the news from Selhurst just gets better and better.

Scannell and Williams signing on the dotted line for more years in red and blue shirts. Zaha still has 4 years on his new deal as well.

At least Simon Jordan done one useful thing for this club. An Academy rolling out better players every year.

I hope all 3 play next week. You do win things with kids.

And all for just 10 points and a few local family businesses......Bargain

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I have no issue with Palace, and agree the OP does seem obsessed with them.....As for crowing about attendance and support, we didn't even sell out our full allocation at end of last season to see us win the league at Walsall, people in glass houses etc.

Without fail, the CPFC apologist arrives in the nick of time. Think it must be time for bed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Without fail, the CPFC apologist arrives in the nick of time. Think it must be time for bed.

Where the f*** have I been an apologist, we should just ignore them, as our own 'super' support doesn't stand up to scrutiny any more than their's does.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
And all for just 10 points and a few local family businesses......Bargain

So bitter it is unreal. If you knew facts of our admin you wouldn't spout so much shite. And if you think spending money we didn't have kept us in an elavative position think again. During Jordans reign, the only players we spent high money on in the Championship were Akinbyi, Kuqi and Macken who all turned out shit! And the money that we owed last time was no different to that of countless clubs, it was the simple fact that we borrowed it of an aggressive hedge fund who called it all in at once. You could find yourself in the same position one day so I suggest you pipe down.

Last edited:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I have no issue with Palace, and agree the OP does seem obsessed with them,

In all seriousness I must mix with the wrong people. None of the people who I have met over the years, who support the Albion, have ever said "I have no issue with Palace". I know a lot of people on NSC say it, but NSC ain't real life. You Mr El Pres appear to say it a lot. It's part of my dna to hate the Palace - it's that simple. I won't ever apologise for that. And now it really is time for bed.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In all seriousness I must mix with the wrong people. None of the people who I have met over the years, who support the Albion, have ever said "I have no issue with Palace". I know a lot of people on NSC say it, but NSC ain't real life. You Mr El Pres appear to say it a lot. It's part of my dna to hate the Palace - it's that simple. I won't ever apologise for that.

And if you were raised in Croydon, would you hate our beloved Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here