Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss Poor Palace attendance tonight

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In all seriousness I must mix with the wrong people. None of the people who I have met over the years, who support the Albion, have ever said "I have no issue with Palace". I know a lot of people on NSC say it, but NSC ain't real life. You Mr El Pres appear to say it a lot. It's part of my dna to hate the Palace - it's that simple. I won't ever apologise for that.

Fair enough. Perhaps I am older than you and can remember life before hating Palace. Personally I have more time for Palace fans than the true plastics who support United or Liverpool. In that regard we have more in common with Palace, as we support our local team through thick and thin rather than switch allegiance to a glamour club, and I guess that by hating all things Palace you also hate their contribution towards REMF.

I want them to lose more than any club (apart from United, Rangers and Celtic), but it goes no further than that.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
How much were admission prices at Smellhurst tonight?

£20.00. And we played them 3 days ago. Hardly an attractive game! Still, another win and the youngsters did brilliant again.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
And the news from Selhurst just gets better and better.

Scannell and Williams signing on the dotted line for more years in red and blue shirts. Zaha still has 4 years on his new deal as well.

At least Simon Jordan done one useful thing for this club. An Academy rolling out better players every year.

I hope all 3 play next week. You do win things with kids.

Yeah like a jail sentence..

But I swear Bennett had 3 years left on his contract with us and he ended up leaving? Just because they've got 3/4 years left it doesn't mean people won't be interested and won't bid...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
high flying boro nt attractive..blimey what dud had happened if u took in a league 2 side?

As I said, we played them at Selhurst 3 days before. And both managers admitted afterwards that the teams would be changed around to accommodate squad players etc. Stop clutching at straws, it's pathetic. Good night all.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Not at all attractive, a score seems pretty steep.

Even at £20 which is cheap compared to us, you still can't get more than 5 k plastics, what a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not great I admit, but tickets were £20 on the gate and we had played them on Saturday. I'm sure a lot of fans decided to spend there money on next Tuesday instead, I'm fortunate enough to afford both but some families are in a position where money is tight and sacrifies have to be made.

But surely with your so called large numbers of wonderful, passionate and loyal fans you would have been able to find several thousand more to go, surely if you have than many great fans then the ones who can't get into your stadium for most of the league matches (because it is sold out) or have missed out on one of the 2000 or so seats available for the Amex would jump at the chance to fill those empty seats in the Carling Cup against Middlesbrough - But if, as you keep telling us that your support is brilliant, why only 5448 fans there ?

Surely if money is tight for most families, so why can we get so many more on our gates for these cup games, new stadium or not - I wonder what other excuses they will also start to use now, Our crowds down cos they are all banged up for looting?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Bravo. As I said, if it wasn't for the novelty of the shiny new stadium, the last 18 months of winning a lot of games and promotion to a fantastic league, this all happening in the same season as luck would have it, your crowds wouldn't be anywhere near 22k. You say about fans returning after the shit stadium that was Withdean? Talk about sticking with it through thick and thin, pathetic. Yet Palace, who have had 3 years of shit on and off the pitch, still only get a few thousand less than you and as I said, at least all the fans going are our own. If you gave us promotion, winning football every week and a nice new modern stadium and you can expect to see crowds at League games well over what you mugs get. Face it, where a bigger club, more loyal fans, more passion. Fact

If Palace had been in a position where they had to repay their debts in full instead of using money owed to their small and medium local businesses to to buy (by their standards) success (by staying in the Championship) and then use administration to avoid playing those buinesses back what was owed i can tell you now that they wouldn't be anywhere close to the division they are in now, they would have been forced to sell their ground and better players before plummeting back down the leagues

To gloat that they were in a higher division and therefore a bigger and better club as a result of their cheating ways in using Administration to escape the majority of their debt is a bit pathetic tbh. Well they don't have this option again and when it invariably goes wrong again or they have to start to live within their means, they will end up with a squad that isn't good enough for the Championship and they will drop back down the divisions to where they should have been all along. They have only posponed the inevitable.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
£20.00. And we played them 3 days ago. Hardly an attractive game! Still, another win and the youngsters did brilliant again.

£20. Liar.
£15 if bought before hand, which we have to do for ALL our games. £15 and 5448. Pathetic.

Next game for Palace:
3rd Round
CPFC v Middlesbrough
Tuesday 20th September 2011 kick off at 20:00
Tickets
Adults £15
Concessions £5
TICKETS NOW ON SALE at the Selhurst Park Box Office, online at Welcome to Crystal Palace Official Online Box Office - Home
or by phone on 0871 200 0071.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
£20. Liar.
£15 if bought before hand, which we have to do for ALL our games. £15 and 5448. Pathetic.

Next game for Palace:
3rd Round
CPFC v Middlesbrough
Tuesday 20th September 2011 kick off at 20:00
Tickets
Adults £15
Concessions £5
TICKETS NOW ON SALE at the Selhurst Park Box Office, online at Welcome to Crystal Palace Official Online Box Office - Home
or by phone on 0871 200 0071.

They usually give away a lot of tickets each game too (for obvious reasons). I wonder how many of that 5000 were actually paying customers.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Jeez ......... imagine the threads next Tuesday? I can't even begin to! May need some more server capacity to cope

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Brighton fans mocking our attendance. Palace fans can just mock Brighton for their last 36 years of being below us with more to come. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here