Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can fully understand Harty's point and to some extent agree with the suggestion but as I intimated in an earlier post the problem is that the club have brought in this Gold, Blue, White ticket scheme and as such are duty bound to see it through and fans buying Mansfield tickets could not be seen to get priority over those in the existing scheme. The chances are that should we draw a big club away or more so at hiome, the tickets would have sold before they reached those that had bought a Mansfield ticket.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I agree with you Brian.

I think there is a genuine concern about, when you talk to people re the level of support currently. What is most concerning is the fact that we are in the best position in the league we have been for many moons, yet still gates are falling.

I would be interesting to know how many of the posters above, who intimated that what was said was "shitstirring" actually listened to the show

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a radio show and I assume Harty was trying to spark a debate (even if he did nick my Mansfield ticket idea off here :lol:), why do some people have to get their knickers in a twist?

It was an idea not a declaration of intent, most people think it's a shit idea, fine, but quite how it can be construed as shit stirring I don't understand

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's a radio show and I assume Harty was trying to spark a debate (even if he did knick my Mansfield ticket idea off here :lol:), why does everyone have to get their knickers in a twist?

It was an idea not a declaration of intent, most people think it's a shit idea, fine, but quite how it can be construed as shit stirring I don't undersatnd

Harty is the new Naylor?

Something has to be done, or as pointed out the gate will be less than 4500, maybe give Mansfield more seats if they sell out?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Something has to be done, or as pointed out the gate will be less than 4500,

No Withdean is shit and the prices are high, that is the only reason...apparently... and there is nothing anyone can do :rolleyes:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Sounds like a good idea to me. If we go through and get a home tie anyone who is a gold and blue memeber get first dib and then people with Mansfield ticket stubs next then general sale.

Can't see anyone complaining about that and might get a few extra people in for the Mansfield game.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I think some of the posters on here are actually missing the point, so I will try again.

The club did make mistakes over the ticket allocactions for West Ham and Spurs games, so they had to put something in place, hence the 'new' membership scheme.

But things have actually moved since then, clearly despite the team's form the crowds have dropped for a number of reasons.

Culminating in the fact that that unless something is done, re ticket pricing, or other inducements the Mansfield game will see another poor crowd.

My suggestion was that after STH's are taken care of, would offering people with a Mansfield ticket stub priority for a possible home game in the 4th Round make the 3rd Round gate bigger on the day?

I relalise that this would affect some Blue and White members but then again would they not be at the game anyway and have a ticket stub?

Can anyone tell me what the membership figures are for Blue and White members?

Does it along with season ticket holders exceed the number of seats we have at Withdean?

What I don't want is a poor gate against Mansfield, with another huge loss for the Albion, but then a great draw for the 4th Round and every Tom, Dick and Harriet coming out of the woodwork, perhaps a small number of them clutching Blue and White membership cards claiming what wonderful fans they are.

We just need to get as many Albion bums on seats, I've paid for a season ticket that I don't sit in but I make sure Hart Junior brings a mate, some of whom have been 'converted' into Seagulls as a result of the visit.

Not shitstirring, just an opinion, not universally approved by some on here but that's the beauty of NSC!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds like a good idea to me. If we go through and get a home tie anyone who is a gold and blue memeber get first dib and then people with Mansfield ticket stubs next then general sale.

Can't see anyone complaining about that and might get a few extra people in for the Mansfield game.

exactly - the only trouble is that hartys words have been twisted against him so that people now think that the club will be offering tickets to those with mansfield stubs over everyone else, when that is not what he said

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ian the argument against your idea, which I think in general is a good one, is, what did the blue members pay £30 for if a scheme such as your were to give Mansfield ticket holders priority over the blue members. By all means given them priority over white members which means jack shit really being a white member.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Point taken, but when the great Blue/White sign up was taking place back earlier in the year could anybody have predicted how crap the gates would be by Xmas?
Its not an ideal situation but I, like many others on here, want to get some money in the club coffers and get bums back on, up to now, empty seats.
Drastic measure maybe, but better than losing yet more money?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You mention 2 points, which has the major importance:

More money into the club by selling 1000 extra seats at full price or more bums on seats selling 3000 extra seats at reduced rates.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
How many of the 3,000 extra will by a programme? A Withdean wager ticket? Something from the mobile club shop?
And hopefully after enjoying it so much want to come again?

To knock any problem on the head why not give the STH's and blue members priority for a home tie (as per the membership scheme 'rules') and then it's down to Mansfield ticket stubs on a first come first served basis. My son and I are white members currently and we have no expectation of priority for buying tickets for games at the Withdean. That's the scheme we signed up for after all.

For an away tie, the membership scheme should also operate as normal - ie STHs, Blue then White members. Being a white member is to enable us to pre-purchase away tickets, if available, after the STHs and Blue members have had their chance.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To knock any problem on the head why not give the STH's and blue members priority for a home tie (as per the membership scheme 'rules') and then it's down to Mansfield ticket stubs on a first come first served basis. .

I think that was the idea all along wasn't it, but "let's see how the new system works" fans didn't seem to want to extend the possibilities beyond sticking rigidly to the "new system"

That's how I've read it anyway

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I think it's a good idea Harty. The main split seems to be not between STHs and 'pay-on-the-day' fans but between those of us who think that the club are right to offer inducements (even though I wish they'd publicise it a bit more) and those who think it doesn't work and simply loses the club more money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here