Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In

Is this something that the club have ACTUALLY announced, or more rumour and conjecture from Harty using his show to shitstir again? If it has been officially announced can someone point me to where that might be? Why do I get the impression that someone half listening to the phone in has sparked this off by taking Harty's usual old bollocks as fact? AGAIN.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't speak for the rest of the dept but to be honest, HKFC and I are forever banging on about how good a deal it is for families. He and I both take our respective kiddies and each of us gets in, gets a programme and still change from £30. They get schools and local clubs in and there is ALWAYS an atmosphere in the family stand.

Credit also due to Falmer for All and his Burgess Hill Massive too.

There really is no excuse for mums and dads not to get involved at least half a dozen times a season.

Indeed, and just to clarify;

1 Adult plus 2 kids = £25.00
1 program = £ 3.00
1 bag of Albion wine gums = £1.50
Total = £29.50. Job done.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I must have missed something along the way.

When were at the Goldstone I always remembered STH got PRIORITY for HOME AND AWAY matches whenever there was a big draw.

I dont know where all this but I only go to away games blah blah blah came from in the last few years. Actually I do. Its when we got f*** all people at Gillingham (excuse not to go), and crappy Withdean (excuse not to go).

When we get Falmer or if we were at the Goldstone would there still be the same excuse? I dont mean every week - just now and then like you would have done if we had the Goldstone. Withdean is actually not that far from the Goldstone - what 10 - 20 min walk?

Its home games that keep the club running. Sorry but its true.

Therefore I see no probs in STH getting first dibs on anything.

And NO im not a season ticket holder so if I miss out I miss out.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think anyonw that went to Millwall in the Johnstones Paint Trophy LAST season should get priority for the 4th round of the FA cup...If we make it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The post by TMLS is probably the truiest summing up of the current situation as 'I only go to away gtames because I dont like Withdean' give absolutley F..k All to the club other than merchandise, which if they were true supporters they would buy irrespective.

Unfortunately MP has backed himself intoa corner with this new Gold memeber scheme etc and has not allowed any room for deviation and keeping face.

The obvious answer is that we need to sell the tickets for the match against Mansfield and if in order to sell that match they have to offer it as an incentive should we be in the position to draw a big club in the next round then so be it.

I heard the draw at 4.00pm on Sunday and had to take my brother in law back to Worthing, so by 5.00pm I had dropped my application for my seats through the club shop letter box. Why? Because I care for this club and want it to prosper, and if 7,000 others, forgot all their excuses that take them to away matches and actually supported the club by buying a ticket for Mansfield then perhaps we could push on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I heard the draw at 4.00pm on Sunday and had to take my brother in law back to Worthing, so by 5.00pm I had dropped my application for my seats through the club shop letter box. Why? Because I care for this club and want it to prosper, and if 7,000 others, forgot all their excuses that take them to away matches and actually supported the club by buying a ticket for Mansfield then perhaps we could push on.

What he said.:albion2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So let me get this straight - I missed the phone-in.

Someone phoned in to say that people with a Mansfield ticket will get priority for any 4th Round FA Cup match, assuming we're drawn away to a big club? Have I got that right? Also, seeing as no-one at the club has made an announcement to that effect - assuming that this person on the phone-in is right - and if it did it's effectively a U-turn from how the Gold membership thingy is supposed to be working, it would cause chaos and anger.

Or is someone just phoning in bullshitting?

Sorry, I'm a tad confused here.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Someone phoned in to say that people with a Mansfield ticket will get priority for any 4th Round FA Cup match, assuming we're drawn away to a big club? Have I got that right? Also, seeing as no-one at the club has made an announcement to that effect - assuming that this person on the phone-in is right - and if it did it's effectively a U-turn from how the Gold membership thingy is supposed to be working, it would cause chaos and anger.

Someone is bullshitting I would think, Im not sure people who signed up to this after having ASM taken away would be a little annoyed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

It was what Harty was trying to debate as his suggestion regarding anyone after STH who purchase a Mansfield ticket

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
HOLD YOUR HORSES CHAPS

After discussing the game and the merits of our season so far, harty posed the question of how we were going to get a decent crowd for the Mansfield Game. It was not shitstirring as suggested, it was a genuine attempt to engage people's views.

Using the argument made many moons ago when Derby County Tickets were made available to people coming through the gates at a reserve game ( Charlton), we were suggesting that if a punter who came through the gates at Withdean for the Mansfield game was allocated a voucher ( or whatever) which entitled them to a dibs at the next round then, would that encourage people to go ( NOTE THE WORD "WOULD")

Yes of course we have the current membership schemes and they would take priority in the same way as exists now, however the point was made that with falling gates, there does appear to be the fact that STH's are aso voting with their feet and not attending games ( the mansfield gate should show this to the club as they will easily be able to build a database of ticket applications and allocations and match this to the Membership scheme.

It does appear that whenever harty suggests anything these days he takes an inordinate amount of stick on here. ( and that comes from someone SACKED from the show)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
HOLD YOUR HORSES CHAPS

After discussing the game and the merits of our season so far, harty posed the question of how we were going to get a decent crowd for the Mansfield Game. It was not shitstirring as suggested, it was a genuine attempt to engage people's views.

Using the argument made many moons ago when Derby County Tickets were made available to people coming through the gates at a reserve game ( Charlton), we were suggesting that if a punter who came through the gates at Withdean for the Mansfield game was allocated a voucher ( or whatever) which entitled them to a dibs at the next round then, would that encourage people to go ( NOTE THE WORD "WOULD")

Yes of course we have the current membership schemes and they would take priority in the same way as exists now, however the point was made that with falling gates, there does appear to be the fact that STH's are aso voting with their feet and not attending games ( the mansfield gate should show this to the club as they will easily be able to build a database of ticket applications and allocations and match this to the Membership scheme.

It does appear that whenever harty suggests anything these days he takes an inordinate amount of stick on here. ( and that comes from someone SACKED from the show)

Did you get paid to do the show?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here