Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Yay :clap2:. The STH whingefest is back. Now THIS is the NSC I know and love :kiss::clap2::drink:

To be honest the one group of people not moaning are STHs. If we beat Mansfield, unless we get someone like Horsham away we will all get a ticket!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
To be honest the one group of people not moaning are STHs. If we beat Mansfield, unless we get someone like Horsham away we will all get a ticket!

And although I stand to be corrected, I believe the STH,s are the MAJORITY of those who actually WATCH the Albion.

The majority rules....!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If they pull their fingers all STH will geta ticket if they wish on most of the larger grounds. It is only the little clubs like Leeds and Palace that they may not as the away end isnt big enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's take things a bit further ...

And then there's the vexed question of how the hell the Club will manage to sort out tickets for the replay at Withdean, with only a week to do it.

Begs the question, why doesn't it appear to be a problem for other much bigger clubs?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
THPP.....

Please show me where on this thread there is anyone moaning about the ticketing situation.

To re-iterate, harty asked the question how we could get bums on seats for the Mansfield game.

Many fans are very concerned about our dropping gates when we are doing so well in the league and are starting to equate this to what we are expected to do to get 20,000 people through the gates at Falmer.

there is a president - allbeit donkeys years ago of making a specific match a "voucher/ticket for the cup". If after satisfying the demand from STH's, then surely its sensible to do this....of course, the Derby game was specific in we knew we were playing them, the Mansfield situation is speculating we will get through and a decent draw in the next round

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quite a few clubs, us included if my memory serves me well, have sold tickets to a reserve game and buya cup ticket at the same time thus having a large crowd at the reserve ganme and more revenue.

Could the club not issue a statement that subject to sufficient tickets being available should we reach the 4th round the order of allocation would be STH, Blue Mansfield stubs, white, general sale.

This would then cover all circumstances. People would possibly buy Mansfield tickets in the hope rather than the promise of tickets for the 4th round. Or keep them as priority in the event of progressing further in the JPT/ playoffs.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Let's take things a bit further ...

If we were to draw Manchester United away, the Albion allocation would be 15 per cent of 76,000 - say 11,000 tickets.

The Gold and Blue Membership schemes would dispose of about 4,500 of those tickets (on the basis of ONE ticket per member). Add Mansfield stubs, and we've shifted, say, 5,500 tickets.

Who gets next priority?

The website says it would be White Members.

But who next?

Season Ticket holders who want to bring a friend? Friends of Blue Members? Friends of White Members? People who regularly pay on the gate at Withdean, but who missed the Mansfield game? People who went to Cardiff, but haven't been since? People prepared to pay their tenner to join the White Membership scheme, who haven't bothered up to now?

Even allowing for ALL priority holders getting a ticket easily (which is an absolute certainty), there's still scope for plenty more moaning.

I look forward to it.

And then there's the vexed question of how the hell the Club will manage to sort out tickets for the replay at Withdean, with only a week to do it.

Could you see Albion selling that many tickets?

Ity would be interesting if the moaners who had a go at the club for not getting a ticket for a big London based club would moan as much if they have to travel further?*

*Not aimed at beach hut btw

Could the club not issue a statement that subject to sufficient tickets being available should we reach the 4th round the order of allocation would be STH, Blue Mansfield stubs, white, general sale.
The Club issued a statement MONTHS AGO that, for high demand away games, the order of priority would be Gold, Blue, White.

They can't now change that by giving Mansfield stub holders higher priority than White. What they could do is give Mansfield stub holders higher priority than General Sale.

And remember ... anyone who buys an away ticket from the Club has to get White membership - for an extra £10.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Club issued a statement MONTHS AGO that, for high demand away games, the order of priority would be Gold, Blue, White.

They can't now change that by giving Mansfield stub holders higher priority than White. What they could do is give Mansfield stub holders higher priority than General Sale.

And remember ... anyone who buys an away ticket from the Club has to get White membership - for an extra £10.

Hmmm Think Ill swerve Millwall then

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What they could do is give Mansfield stub holders higher priority than General Sale.

Which was the whole point.Ed......Noone is suggesting over riding the system. I really do not understand why people are suggesting that this is what its all about!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which was the whole point.Ed......Noone is suggesting over riding the system. I really do not understand why people are suggesting that this is what its all about!!!!

My understanding too. but what seems to be really confusing the issue is how many Gold/Blue and white members there are, does anyone know? If not maybe we should ask the club as it is important to know how many are already in the queue before we slag off or applaud any tweeks to the system?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
And what if the unthinkable were to happen..........................................WE LOSE TO MANSFIELD :eek::eek: what will everyone discuss then ?

(what the club WOULD have done regarding tickets, HAD WE WON :D)

Sorry if you see my comments as flipent, but i struggle to take these heavy debates over tickets for cup games with any seriousness whatsoever.

The problem of falling gates isd hardly rocket sience economics.

the club have practically doubled the capacity of withdean but instead of reducing or keepin the pricing structure static they increase it.

Therefore more seats are available but it costs fans more to buy them.

so no pressure due to demand, a seat becomnes a disposable commodity which
in normal economics
demand exceeds supply - result higher prices
supply exceeds demand - result lower prices

in bha ecomomics
supply exceeds demand - result, higher prices.

Conclusion £27 is far too emepenssive to spend watching mid table third divsion football

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
But who next?

Season Ticket holders who want to bring a friend? Friends of Blue Members? Friends of White Members? People who regularly pay on the gate at Withdean, but who missed the Mansfield game? People who went to Cardiff, but haven't been since? People prepared to pay their tenner to join the White Membership scheme, who haven't bothered up to now?

Albion supporters living abroad who came back to watch Boston at a rainy Withdean in the JPT trophy last season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't have my ticket stub though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't have my ticket stub though.

tough.

BAD FAN

I still remember that tackle on Andy from Skint Records that kept him out of the first REMF game.....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
:blush::blush::blush:
Never going to live that one down.
:(

I do still have my red Albion scarf that they gave out on the trip upto Peterborough for the Cup game in the 80s. Will that do?

The ticketing situation is a joke, it's not good when you worry about getting into the playoffs for fear of the ticket nonsense that will follow. The way I see it is if you go to lots of away games, you should get higher priority for away games, and if you go to lots of home games you should get tickets for home games.

The way I see it is that anybody-STH or non-STH- who puts money in to The Albion should get priority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here