Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In

I think that was the idea all along wasn't it, but "let's see how the new system works" fans didn't seem to want to extend the possibilities beyond sticking rigidly to the "new system"

That's how I've read it anyway

Have only just got back from the game so didn't hear the phone-in last night and haven't read the entire thread. If you're correct then the grief around this ticket allocation business seems totally bizzare.
Surely - Operate the system as it is published (ie nothing is compromised) but with the added caviat that if we beat Mansfield and if we get drawn at home against a 'top' side then instead of it being a free for all; you'll need a Mansfield stub to have the chance of buying a ticket unless your an STH or blue member.
The only problems I can see are:
1) If the number of STHs+blue memberships is greater than the Withdean capacity less the compulsory minimum FA allocation to the away club. (NB 'Insider' said on 'Ask the Club' back in October that he would look into the number of blue members but nothing more has been posted to date)
2) If you're a blue member then you may be able to get two tickets (ie x1 for your membership and x1 with a Mansfield stub). If this happens or there's any touting then the club could just ban anyone that was involved

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just a hypothetical question Harty..........how much revenue do you think the Albion have lost, because they did not vigorously persue an effort to get planning permission for a roof for the South stand...?
The falling gates, despite an improving team, show how difficult it is to get back "lapsed" supporters, who year after year have sat in the pouring rain, and freezing winds at souless Withdean.
Their lack of investment and one track minds re Falmer, I fear will come back to haunt them. I sincerely hope I,m wrong though.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Hang on a minute, the Gold, Blue and White memberships only effect away games, it says so here.

So the club could say IF albion get a home tie in the 4th round, STH would get first priority to claim there seats and then anyone with a Mansfield ticket stub would be next in line. Then any unsold would go on general sale.

Just do the deal that would only affect home ties.

Hang on a minute, the Gold, Blue and White memberships only effect away games, it says so here.

Err no?

Gold Membership
(exclusive to season ticket holders)
Membership entitles the holder to the following benefits:
- Guarantees* one priority ticket per season ticket holder for all high-interest away games, including cup ties and play-off matches
- Continued priority for season ticket holders for all home cup and play-off games.
*Subject to availability - if the number of away tickets allocated to the club is less than the number of Gold Members the tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis.

Blue Membership
Non-season ticket holders can purchase entry to the "Blue" tier membership for £30 per season (adults) - £15 (U16's)
- Second priority* for members for high-interest away games, including Cup ties and Play-off matches.
- Priority for seats not allocated to season ticket holders for all home cup and play-off games.
*Subject to availability

White Membership
White members will be able to apply for tickets for all ticketed away games and will get next priority after Gold and Blue members for high interest away games.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The man is right it specifically says for away matches so Ian 's idea could be introduced without any problems and without stepping over anybody. STH get the option to buy their seat and the rest go out to Mansfield stub holders, then general sale.

As Alex Alex D has pointed out you need to look further down a couple of paragraphs.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Oh, my mistake. Good job i didn't phone up last night and say that then!

But how many Gold (i took that as a given that they would get first priority as STH) and Blue memebers are there?

The club could use the Mansfield stub route as the 3rd priority before general sale.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Oh, my mistake. Good job i didn't phone up last night and say that then!

But how many Gold (i took that as a given that they would get first priority as STH) and Blue memebers are there?

The club could use the Mansfield stub route as the 3rd priority before general sale.

I would guess 2,500 STH and at the very most 500 blue members.

Plenty of scope for adding a ticket stub priority scheme on top in the event of a glamour tie.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I believe there are approx 4000 STH.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Donny are playing Leeds at the Keepmoat in the near future , so they have a scheme where you need to have 3 stubs from the 5 home matches before the Leeds game (to get bigger crowds in.) to be eligible for a ticket. Same could be applied to the 4th round - STH's get first refusal on their seat so the gold/blue members are sorted. If the match is at home then the next priority should be Mansfield stub holders and then white members.If the match is away I think that Mansfield stub holders should be given equal priority to white members with a Mansfield stub and then to white members without a stub.

Let's take things a bit further ...

If we were to draw Manchester United away, the Albion allocation would be 15 per cent of 76,000 - say 11,000 tickets.

The Gold and Blue Membership schemes would dispose of about 4,500 of those tickets (on the basis of ONE ticket per member). Add Mansfield stubs, and we've shifted, say, 5,500 tickets.

Who gets next priority?

The website says it would be White Members.

But who next?

Season Ticket holders who want to bring a friend? Friends of Blue Members? Friends of White Members? People who regularly pay on the gate at Withdean, but who missed the Mansfield game? People who went to Cardiff, but haven't been since? People prepared to pay their tenner to join the White Membership scheme, who haven't bothered up to now?

Even allowing for ALL priority holders getting a ticket easily (which is an absolute certainty), there's still scope for plenty more moaning.

I look forward to it.

And then there's the vexed question of how the hell the Club will manage to sort out tickets for the replay at Withdean, with only a week to do it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not read the whole thread.

My take is that we probably all know somebody who's an 'away' member but supports a prem team and has only joined the scheme to get a chance at the odd big game.

I would much rather that those attending a less attractive game are given some sort of priority and reward. besides, if we all knew that those attending a certain game would get that priority then those big game fans would have to shell out or shut up.

With ticketing, it would be easy for the Club to have some sort of 'stubs' scheme.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Isn't the Mansfield stub suggestion ONLY for a home fixture? The white members would obviously take priority for an away fixture.

I put it to you (anyone) - Should a supporter who attends all/most games at Withdean be on an equal footing to someone that does not attend at all? There are spectators that are paying or will pay far more than a STH throughout a season. Or is that just one of the perils of being a non-STH. Should they have to purchase a blue membership on top of paying £500+?

The only real solution is in the future, I guess. A kind of clubcard picking up points and so on...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No it isn't. The Beach Hut annual FA Cup whingefest is back. Almost worth getting knocked out the cup earlydoors to make the shameful whining stop :lol:

A load of absolute bollox as usual from you THPP, I have not whinged at all, Harty started the debate on stubs my finger is pointed at the club and what are they doing to fill the stadium and said we should try the current scheme first.

Not for the first or last time you ignore what is written but never mind.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
The ticketing situation is a joke, it's not good when you worry about getting into the playoffs for fear of the ticket nonsense that will follow. The way I see it is if you go to lots of away games, you should get higher priority for away games, and if you go to lots of home games you should get tickets for home games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here