Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Samrah - Hysterical Screamer, or what ?

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Words fail me. What an utter, utter tool you are. Paul Samrah is an Albion legend and played a crucial role in keeping this club alive. So what if he got it wrong this evening? Maybe he was misinformed about the players not coming out again or even given an instruction by a club official. In any case, that's irrelevant, he doesn't deserve this kind of abuse.

This. I have only respect and gratitude for Paul Samrah.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
A modicum of perspective would not have gone amiss. Perhaps Mrs Samrah and Mrs Baine have an over-inflated opinion of their position within the club. The pitch? Well....3 points from the next 5 games to clinch the championship. I think the groundstaff have shown themselves perfectly capable of replacing a few divots (in fact they deserve a championship medal). And before someone harks on about the effort that Mrs Samrah and Mrs Baine put in all those years ago, there were plenty of others who put in a lot of effort at considerable career and legal risk. It felt to me that they feel they are the Uber-Fans who must be obeyed.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Paul Samrah is a decent bloke who has done as much as anyone to keep our club alive. He would have been as disappointed as all who wanted to see the team do a lap of honour and were told that it wasn't to be. His passionate pleas for people to leave the pitch, I am sure, were from the heart. Don't shoot the messenger!
I sincerely hope that when the trophy is presented, people will stay off the pitch, so everyone will be able to see it, and enjoy the celebrations.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What was he meant to do? Without leaving the pitch we were never going to get a lap of honour and then he would have got word from higher up that there was not to be one. Need to look at others without blaming a PA announcer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A modicum of perspective would not have gone amiss. Perhaps Mrs Samrah and Mrs Baine have an over-inflated opinion of their position within the club. The pitch? Well....3 points from the next 5 games to clinch the championship. I think the groundstaff have shown themselves perfectly capable of replacing a few divots (in fact they deserve a championship medal). And before someone harks on about the effort that Mrs Samrah and Mrs Baine put in all those years ago, there were plenty of others who put in a lot of effort at considerable career and legal risk. It felt to me that they feel they are the Uber-Fans who must be obeyed.

A modicum of perspective wouldn't have gone amiss in your post either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it wasn't for Paul Samrah we would have probably been celebrating promotion to the Sussex County League last night and looking forward to a groundshare at East Brighton Park.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What was he meant to do? Without leaving the pitch we were never going to get a lap of honour and then he would have got word from higher up that there was not to be one. Need to look at others without blaming a PA announcer

Exactly. I wish the muppets that insist on running on the pitch would get it into their heads that players hate it. They'd like to celebrate in front of the fans too, not have to race to the dressing room to avoid having their kits ripped apart by souvenir hunters. Likewise, the vast majority of the crowd who stayed in the stands, also wanted that.

It's not much of a stretch to imagine that the message which came back from the dressing room was "we're not going back out there because of all the people on the pitch" .. the fact it had cleared by the time Paul Samrah got that message would hardly be his fault.

Whatever actually happened, whether or not you think he should be doing the PA, the abuse aimed at a bloke who has done so much for the club over the past 15 years is an utter disgrace.

The bottom line is if there'd been no pitch invasion, there's have been no confusion. So those who missed the lap of honour should know where to point the finger.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Whatever actually happened, whether or not you think he should be doing the PA, the abuse aimed at a bloke who has done so much for the club over the past 15 years is an utter disgrace.

Now that I do agree with.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Some of the posts on this thread have been an utter disgrace. Firstly, as many have said Samrah has done more for this club than most. Secondly, he was clearly being told what to say; irrespective of whether fans do or do not end up on the pitch, the club have to adopt an anti-pitch invasion stance for the FA. Had they posted on the website that fans were welcome to invade and there been no PA announcement, I would have thought the FA would take an extremely dim view. The same thing would have happened at every league ground in the country....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly. I wish the muppets that insist on running on the pitch would get it into their heads that players hate it.

Utter utter utter utter bollocks. There was ALWAYS going to be a pitch invasion. The fans were then ALWAYS going to get off to pitch for the lap of honour, this has all been a bizarre load of rubbish.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So Mr Burns, you CJTC, would you have been happy to see players like Calde toppled over the advertising hoarding, injured and unable to play in future games? No, of course not, and that was almost a reality, he was very close go giving the little **** hanging off his shirt a slap before he had to stablise himself from going down under a sea of fans hellbent on grabbing something off of him. That and the way Paynter was pushed about alone were probably good reason for the players to say they weren't fussed about going back out. Hebberds job is to ensure the safety of everyone, including the players. Those who missed the lap of honour will get a chance to see one resplendent witha shiny new trophy soon enough, nobbers complaining about what went on need to get a grip and understand the bigger picture a bit before sounding off like total *****.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So Mr Burns, you CJTC, would you have been happy to see players like Calde toppled over the advertising hoarding, injured and unable to play in future games? No, of course not, and that was almost a reality, he was very close go giving the little **** hanging off his shirt a slap before he had to stablise himself from going down under a sea of fans hellbent on grabbing something off of him. That and the way Paynter was pushed about alone were probably good reason for the players to say they weren't fussed about going back out. Hebberds job is to ensure the safety of everyone, including the players. Those who missed the lap of honour will get a chance to see one resplendent witha shiny new trophy soon enough, nobbers complaining about what went on need to get a grip and understand the bigger picture a bit before sounding off like total *****.

This. Sometimes sections of support act like spoilt brats.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
How many more people are going to weigh in with something about posts being a "disgrace"? I agree with it, but I think the point has been made now, I don't think anyone else needs to say it!

As for last night. I don't blame pitch invaders I blame the safety officers and the stupid health and safety culture which decides that a few fans running on the pitch and then clearing it again has created too great a safety risk for a bunch of 22 blokes to go and walk round and clap the fans.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Shame about the abuse, on such a great day. If Paul Samrah is reading this (and I'm not sure I'd recommend he does, to be honest) the vast majority of fans, even if they don't know you personally, know what they owe you as a tireless campaigner for Falmer. We all chipped in with letters/attending demos and meetings etc but you need people to take the lead.

I'm sure last night will make a bit of awkward re-viewing for him, but in the big picture what does that matter. How many games have we got to celebrate, for Christ's sake.

Is this a genuine split between 'new fans' and 'old fans'? I hope not, because if it is I prefer the old ones. More likely a case of just some mouthy slow-witted types showing their ignorance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone consider he might have been shouting because the PA system is terrible and he had to make sure the people furthest away from the speakers heard i.e. those on the pitch who are the ones the comments were intended for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here