Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Samrah - Hysterical Screamer, or what ?

The liaison between players/manager, safety officer and stewards, police, and fans can't be simply put together and carried out, rote, under those circumstances.

Providing we won, there was always going to be a pitch invasion and there was always going to be ebullient players.
Safety staff take care that nobody gets hurt, which includes opposition manager and players, refereeing officials and fans as well as our mobbed players and management. It's a real worry and risk, and advertising hoardings can cut if inadvertently clobbered.

Players are all in agreement not to increase the risk and don't want to get hurt or increase the risk of incident - but they wanted to eventually celebrate with the fans and when they got the chance they did.

Any announcements would have been given to decrease the chance of problems as I listed - so because players came back out it was obviously a surprise that they were able to do it at all.
I'd imagine there will be other moments where Gus and the boys will exchange mutual tributes with supporters before the season is over - so those who missed out can enjoy it.

Let's not be too 'spoiled' about this - it's a brilliant time for everyone and worth finding the best about, not sniping, backbiting and bickering like junkyard pikey's dogs up at a fence. We still have several matches for praising the players, just enjoy every minute eh?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Seems to me its this Hebbard chaps fault. Isnt he also the reason the ask the Falmer project team on NSC was stopped.

Not quite, it was because NSC refused to censor posts that he did not like that the ATFPT forum was stopped, so I guess it's the fault of Bozza and the mods.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
The man is a legend. What he did for the club fifteen years ago was vital, commedable and earns my utmost respect but I found myself shouting expletives at the tannoy tonight. He was embarassing and totally ruined what should have been a great moment.
The guy is a deluded, monotone, arse licking nerd who was just feathering his own nest all those years ago! Brings nothing to the party but embarassment! There are a few like him from the old days!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The guy is a deluded, monotone, arse licking nerd who was just feathering his own nest all those years ago! Brings nothing to the party but embarassment! There are a few like him from the old days!

Must try harder

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Crikey Shabba! Bit much my friend. There were a group that became self-styled Uber-Fans. They were particularly risk-averse and they did become a bit too close to the club.. A re-read of Build a Bonfire will I think confirm this. It will be interesting to see if their high profile survives being a small fish in a bigger pond. The structures, demographics and nuances of the club will probably change forever??

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Millard committed the same offence at the goldstone. "get off the pitch, this is not the way to save your club"

Always though Millard brought some gravitas to the ground, if not the same records over and over again. Bring him back.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Crikey Shabba! Bit much my friend. There were a group that became self-styled Uber-Fans. They were particularly risk-averse and they did become a bit too close to the club.. A re-read of Build a Bonfire will I think confirm this. It will be interesting to see if their high profile survives being a small fish in a bigger pond. The structures, demographics and nuances of the club will probably change forever??

Well at last we've reached the rationale for the thread, shabba and jasetheace get to the point.

Sadly the wrong point and completely wrong conclusion with no basis in fact.

So what would jasetheace have done if he'd been the accountant looking into the financial affairs of the football club?

I'm assuming he could read a balance sheet. Not sure he could reach any conclusions given what his reading of build a bonfire seems to have led him to.

Sorry jase and shamba, you're tin pot, I'll informed and quite frankly unable to construct a coherent logical argument.

Must try harder

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean

This

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Paul Samrah is an absolute legend. What short memories some people have. If you remember he won the UK's best supporter of the year in 2009 from all 92 clubs and rightly so. What he has done over the last 15 years is miraculous on top of a serious health problem recently as well. Many people on here should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
This whole idea that somehow there was a clique of uberfans who arselicked their way into the club is at best utter bollocks and at worst incredibly insulting. These people were the fans who literally gave up their lives to getting us the stadium. Whereas most of us wrote letters, went on marches and chanted, these were the people who were giving up their weekends and evenings and days to sit in public enquiries, draft the letters, organise and get signatures for the petitions, drive to Hull, stand for election, pick up litter, talk to councillors, hand out ribbons, design, print and give out leaflets, deliver valentines cards, draw up pro-forma letters, write and record and release a single, be threatened with litigation, write spoof menus, organise and go on sponsored walks.... What these idiots forget is that at any time, the Falmer For All campaign was open to anyone who had the time to get involved and always open to any ideas from anyone who wanted to get involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here