Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Samrah - Hysterical Screamer, or what ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyone consider he might have been shouting because the PA system is terrible and he had to make sure the people furthest away from the speakers heard i.e. those on the pitch who are the ones the comments were intended for.

Thats a fair point. Being honest I never heard anything after the final whistle! Plus on the South Stand running track couldnt hear the music Gullys Girls were dancing to.

Also as others have said Im sure Samrah was only doing what he was told.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Did he overstep the mark in terms of being patronising when he shouted 'Thats just the way it is' when delivering the news that the team would not be reappearing? I felt that I had better go and stand on the naughty step despite not even invading the pitch!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I missed the lap of honour because I believed the announcer. Took the edge off a bit - but only a bit.

Heard Gus saying on the radio this am that he didn't want people to run on because he had strained his leg so was hobbling. Wish they had told people that - might have kept people off the pitch?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Did he overstep the mark in terms of being patronising when he shouted 'Thats just the way it is' when delivering the news that the team would not be reappearing?

I really dont get how any sane individual could read into that ANYTHING OTHER than he was pissed off by the decision that he was being asked to deliver to the fans. It hardly sounded a ringing enthusiastic endorsement of the news.

But given your one previous post on this matter then I could believe anything.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
was not there, but the message to the fans was clear. do not run on the pitch or there will be no lap of honour, this was no doubt Pauls instruction also so there was a obvious lack of communication after the final whistle blew until the players and managment came back out, yep i would of been a bit naffed off if i had gone home but to attack Mr Samrah as the poster mr burns has is rank out of order as he was just basicly doing as he was told at the start of the game.

why this thread is still running is beyond me,it puts a blight on what was a mommentous night in this clubs rebirth lock it and bin it

greengu11

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex/Surrey Border
Dont worry I don't. I would loved to have seen the lap of honour, but you do as your told from the PA man(Prize Arsewipe in this case). , and he says they're not coming out you belive him. Never liked the bloke, but tonight he's out done himself.

Go on admit it, your one of the many that sneak out early every game so you can get a seat on the train, get home grab a horlicks and write bollox on NSC. Feck sake his actions were driven by a passion to see the squad and management team do the lap of honour, not because he is some kind of power hungry twat. I do not know the man personally, but you my friend are a complete KNOB and I have never met you either.

(oh lets wait for the shite a newbie is gonna get from this)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dont worry I don't. I would loved to have seen the lap of honour, but you do as your told from the PA man(Prize Arsewipe in this case). , and he says they're not coming out you belive him. Never liked the bloke, but tonight he's out done himself.

If you do as the PA man says, you stay off the pitch in the first place - just before the final whistle he told everyone not to come on the pitch.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Firstly apologises to Paul for the OTT rant last night, I was totally pissed off, but those comments were out of order.:down: (Not that I think for one second Paul worries about what some keyboard warriors thinks about him).

Secondly fair play to all that that hammered me and defended him. He has done so much for the club, and you could say is a legend, so fair play to you lot:down:

What happened last night did take the shine of it to be honest. I know we were promoted, but to me I was comfortable with promotion after we screwed Plymouth at Withdean, so last night was a night to "take it all in" and I still think the announcements to get of the pitch was totally over the top and embarrasing, and the video I took as a keepsake of the night, is blighted by Paul constent get of the pitch requests, which as someone on here said sounded like an child asking for sweets over and over again.

It really did send me into the red, when I heard the players came back out after being told they wouldn't and leaving the ground. It will be interesting to see what the insider replies to it, but someone at the club does seem to have their head stuck far to far up their own arse, and Paul didn't derserve the grief I gave him because of it.

So, this is me saying sorry to Paul and well done to those who defended him. It won't happen often - me groveling, and whilst I totally stand by saying that I dont believe Paul should be on the mic at games, he certainly deserves some status within the club, and didnt deserve what he got last night, so good luck to him.:smile:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But what are your thoughts on Ashley Barnes :lol:

Fair play, I do get the feeling that the players broke out though, as it seemed that 2 or 3 ran down the 'tunnel' followed by the rest of them, so maybe it was the club breaking orders ?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
If you do as the PA man says, you stay off the pitch in the first place - just before the final whistle he told everyone not to come on the pitch.
But in reality that was never going to happen. THe pitch was always going to be invaded the moment we won promotion. For the record I have only ever gone on the pitch once, and that was the last game at the Goldstone ( and I may have strolled on it in the aftermarth of the York game). Its not my thing, but if someone at the club never though it was going to happen and that they could stop it, then they really need to be employed elsewhere.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But what are your thoughts on Ashley Barnes :lol:

Fair play, I do get the feeling that the players broke out though, as it seemed that 2 or 3 ran down the 'tunnel' followed by the rest of them, so maybe it was the club breaking orders ?
Dunno, I would have been doing as I was told and walking out of the ground by then:mad::p

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
About time. He's never got anything positive to say about anyone or anything. The hysterical over-the-top unjustified slagging he's given Paul Samrah is just consistent with his constant sniping about our players, especially Ashley Barnes.
Yer lets not make thing up ah. I dont constantly snip at players. I dont rate Barnes, and will reply everytime someone bounces a thread I started, but explain the "CONSTANT SNIPING" about players if you will.

Murray - Legend
Ankergen - Best keeper since the Keeley/Benney days
El_Abd - most improved
Greer - Unsure

and I've said this in many thread. Hardly constant sniping is it dopey. But I suppose you had to make some point to justifty your dig:kiss:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I still think the announcements to get of the pitch was totally over the top and embarrasing, and the video I took as a keepsake of the night, is blighted by Paul constent get of the pitch requests,

Get your video editing software of choice and make a little project out of it, 'sussex by the sea' added to it? The song that played as the team came out later was M People's 'proud', or maybe there's some other song you associate with the season. Use it as an opportunity to create something special that is a keepsake that is much more personal.

But in reality that was never going to happen. THe pitch was always going to be invaded the moment we won promotion. For the record I have only ever gone on the pitch once, and that was the last game at the Goldstone ( and I may have strolled on it in the aftermarth of the York game). Its not my thing, but if someone at the club never though it was going to happen and that they could stop it, then they really need to be employed elsewhere.

I'm not complaining about you going on the pitch, I don't personally see the appeal of doing so, but whatever. My point is more the idea that it's unfair that it's his fault that you listened to him when you had previously shown no inclination to listen to him. If you're going to pick and choose when you listen to instructions, sometimes it's going to cost you.

Last edited:

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
nobody doubts Paul's contribution from a Fan perspective down the years. I am also critical of the manner of the pitch invasion. As a tribute to the nonchalant, peerless way the team have played this year, it would have been far more 'ironic' to have ambled on to the pitch and to have glided effortlessly from one end to the other!

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
i was in the PA box with Paul last night and the clear instructions given to him by Richard Hebberd was that if there was a pich invasion guss would not bring the players back out. Paul was only carrying out those instructions and was both dissapointed and embarrassed by the situation as it unfolded. Paul and John have done a great job under difficult conditions in a far from perfect pa box. No doubt in the new state of the art Amex stadium things will be on a totaly different level. But lets not forget generaly how good a job they have done over the seasons at withdean.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seems to me its this Hebbard chaps fault. Isnt he also the reason the ask the Falmer project team on NSC was stopped.

i was in the PA box with Paul last night and the clear instructions given to him by Richard Hebberd was that if there was a pich invasion guss would not bring the players back out. Paul was only carrying out those instructions and was both dissapointed and embarrassed by the situation as it unfolded. Paul and John have done a great job under difficult conditions in a far from perfect pa box. No doubt in the new state of the art Amex stadium things will be on a totaly different level. But lets not forget generaly how good a job they have done over the seasons at withdean.
:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here