Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Samrah - Hysterical Screamer, or what ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Embarrassed to read some of the shit Samrah is getting on this thread personally.

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Exactly but the childish idiots will never admit it.

As for slagging off Paul Samrah .... I despair. Without him there might not have been a pitch to invade last night or a fantastic new stadium to look forward to. But still there are people crying like babies because they were asked not to go on the pitch but defied ths and didn't see the lap of honour. These morons wanted their "Look at me - how clever am I - I've invaded the pitch" moment. Or was it because they wanted their 'pubescent schoolgirl chasing a boy band' thrill and touch a footballer?

Pathetic.

Incorrect on several levels. Just because Samrah helped save the club a no. of years ago doesn't make him
above criticism.

Have you never been on a pitch before? I know I have, back in the Goldstone days, and they were happy
happy days. Football is emotional and yes the fans want to be part of it, get over yourself.

I don't think anyone is crying like a baby, just a bit annoyed at the announcer screaming like a
banshee.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Whoever's decision it was to announce that the players wouldn't be coming back out is an utter tool.

Maybe the virtual assualt on players like Calde and Painter after the whistle put them off letting the players back out. Fans were trying to rip his shirt off, his shorts off, Painter wasn't fairing much better. I know it was emotional, but virtually attacking the players is hardly the way to celebrate.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is on Sky Sports News now at Withdean for all his fans...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Seemed like an OK guy talking sense, now he's not screaming like a girl.
Keep him away from the tannoy

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
He came to my bar here, and seemed a very nice bloke. It was an emotional night for everybody, so give him some slack.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sums it up nicely

So Mr Burns, can you clarify - is Paul Samrah a twat, a cock and a prick in your opinion? Or is he not a very good PA? I suspect it is the latter, but as a poster almost devoid of charm, respect or class this is how you make your point. When I'm sitting at the Amex next season I hope I'm next to some JCL who doesn't know who the players are and not someone who is as ignorant and intolerant as you.

Concise and to the point :clap2:

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I don't have a personal view on Paul Samrah but last night the whole pitch invasion - team not coming back out thing seemed a bit petty. We had just won promotion and it was obvious some people were going onto pitch and who can blame them !. The Club should have let them have 5 minutes on pitch and then cleared them off and let team and management come out (which is what happened anyway). I guess a lot of people missed the team celebrating with the fans , as they had left, which is a shame.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Even if Paul Samrah hadn't helped the club in the past, he's a still a PA and was doing his job.
We did used to run on the pitch on at the Goldstone a fair bit, but at the end of the season.

If people missed the lap of honour it's solely the fault of the people who ran on the pitch, not Samrah or the safety officer

There really are some numpties on this thread.

Ignoring what he has done in the past and, which should have granted him some benefit of the doubt on here but clearly didn't and perhaps only caused to drive mr burns anger, and just focussing on last night, it should be clear to anybody with a modicum of common sense and an ounce of intelligence, what happened. Granted this is likely to rule out Mr Burns.

As the pa announcer he has to legally take advice from the operations and safety office and match commander. He will have been told what points to make. The constant requests to leave the pitch were I'm sure encouraged by at least two of those three.

The statement that the players would not be coming out was clearly based on a statement he would have been told to give out. The statement did not in any way blame the players or manager and it was clear to me that it was neither implying nor could any sane individual infer that it had come from the players or manager. It clearly says that he had been advised from the dressing room that the players would not be coming out. That advice would have been just about the time the safety officer had told the players and manager in the dressing room that they were not to go out. Luckily they didn't listen to the jobs worth who made the decision.

But the bile poured out by mr burns on this just about sums up the envy behaviour of some.

It didn't spoil my night, this thread won't spoil my day. In fact this promotion wont be impacted in any iota. But I am so glad that when people were needed to help the club, we found people like Paul samrah rather than mr burns or others on here. Because knowing your rights, responsibilities and when to pick battles is the Mark of leader who is successful and in this case, Paul has all those attributes. He could have ignored Hebberd last night, but that would go against all his principles when accepting the role of pa announcer in terms of the responsibilities of the role.

One last word though is that the phrase cock juggling thunder(unt was clearly invented to describe mr burns. And I say this as a friend of paul's and someone who worked alongside him and saw first hand his dedication to the club on the battle.

Regards

Adrian newnham, proud to have been deputy leader to paul's leadership of the seagull party and to have worked with him on the falmer for all team, bring home the Albion and falmer referendum yes campaign.
Amen to that, Adrian.

I agree with every word.

Ed Bassford

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I don't have a personal view on Paul Samrah but last night the whole pitch invasion - team not coming back out thing seemed a bit petty. We had just won promotion and it was obvious some people were going onto pitch and who can blame them !. The Club should have let them have 5 minutes on pitch and then cleared them off and let team and management come out (which is what happened anyway). I guess a lot of people missed the team celebrating with the fans , as they had left, which is a shame.

I think this is a different point. Whether the club (whoever it was) were right to say no lap of honour is different from the comments made against one individual on here who clearly wasn't the person who ttok the decision.

From where i was standing it looked to be a harsh decision. But then I didn't see the things that Superphil has mentioned.

Having given the decision, then the worst thing to happen in safety terms was for the players to come out anyway.

I'm sure the club will have a review of what happened and what lessons can be learnt. As long as the person chairing the review isn't the person who took the decision :facepalm:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I hate Withdean even though it has given me unbelievable nights like yesterday. As someone who sits close to the front of the South stand I have never been able to hear the tannoy, I wrote to the club about it in the early years but why spend money on a temporary stadium.

So I cannot hear Atillas music or Samaras voice. We all paitently waited for the lap of hounour after watching the pitch invasion from the stands. We were told the players were not coming out from the Radio as people around us listen to headsets, assuming it was due to players being manhandled.

Shame we then ended up stuck in a scrum and missed the celebrations, if its anyones fault its Archer/Belotti for getting us stuck in a crap hole like Withdean.

Brillant memories, roll on the promised land, Gus's managerial journey and nights like that in a proper ground oh and a tannoy annoncer I can hear.....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There really are some numpties on this thread.

Ignoring what he has done in the past and, which should have granted him some benefit of the doubt on here but clearly didn't and perhaps only caused to drive mr burns anger, and just focussing on last night, it should be clear to anybody with a modicum of common sense and an ounce of intelligence, what happened. Granted this is likely to rule out Mr Burns.

As the pa announcer he has to legally take advice from the operations and safety office and match commander. He will have been told what points to make. The constant requests to leave the pitch were I'm sure encouraged by at least two of those three.

The statement that the players would not be coming out was clearly based on a statement he would have been told to give out. The statement did not in any way blame the players or manager and it was clear to me that it was neither implying nor could any sane individual infer that it had come from the players or manager. It clearly says that he had been advised from the dressing room that the players would not be coming out. That advice would have been just about the time the safety officer had told the players and manager in the dressing room that they were not to go out. Luckily they didn't listen to the jobs worth who made the decision.

But the bile poured out by mr burns on this just about sums up the envy behaviour of some.

It didn't spoil my night, this thread won't spoil my day. In fact this promotion wont be impacted in any iota. But I am so glad that when people were needed to help the club, we found people like Paul samrah rather than mr burns or others on here. Because knowing your rights, responsibilities and when to pick battles is the Mark of leader who is successful and in this case, Paul has all those attributes. He could have ignored Hebberd last night, but that would go against all his principles when accepting the role of pa announcer in terms of the responsibilities of the role.

One last word though is that the phrase cock juggling thunder(unt was clearly invented to describe mr burns. And I say this as a friend of paul's and someone who worked alongside him and saw first hand his dedication to the club on the battle.

Regards

Adrian newnham, proud to have been deputy leader to paul's leadership of the seagull party and to have worked with him on the falmer for all team, bring home the Albion and falmer referendum yes campaign.

Quality rant :clap2::amex:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Mr Samrah did sound rather silly last night but without doubt he was following orders.

Mr Burns meanwhile sounds like a complete f**king idiot, which he has managed all by himself. I do hope that he will not be in the WSU next season as he will get slapped with that kind pathetic behaviour and opinions.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Blah Blah Blah. Just cut and paste a quote, cause your just repeating. I very much doubt someone was telling him to keep repeating it over and over again. Say it once or twice, but to repeat it over and over again for a minute was plain embarrasing. No one was taking any notice of him, and a f***ing monkey could have told him he was wasting his breath. Look how quick the crowd cleared at the end.

Do you ever think when people are all saying the same thing to you, it might not be them copying but the fact that sometimes you are hopelessly and cluelessly wrong?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Having also worked with Paul in the past (completely unconnected to the Albion) I thought I'd also add a little comment of support.

Of course I understand that people wanted to run on the pitch - of course it happens all the time - but that doesn't change the fact that what happened last night was the fault of the pitch invaders, not Paul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here