Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Samrah - Hysterical Screamer, or what ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From what I heard, he was told by the management that there wouldn't be a lap of honour because the fans had been so 'naughty' but when the pitch was cleared, the players themselves decided that they wanted to do one and broke out of the changing room.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Do you know how much he has done for the club?

No, didn't think so. Without the likes of Paul Samrah we wouldn't be where we are today, so why dont you hop down off your f***ing high horse and realise everything he has done for the club.

He was doing what he was told to do, it's his job, your saying if your boss told you to do something even if it did annoy people you wouldn't do it? No.
Blah Blah Blah. Just cut and paste a quote, cause your just repeating. I very much doubt someone was telling him to keep repeating it over and over again. Say it once or twice, but to repeat it over and over again for a minute was plain embarrasing. No one was taking any notice of him, and a f***ing monkey could have told him he was wasting his breath. Look how quick the crowd cleared at the end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For the record, I thought the tannoy announcements were utterly ridiculous and quite CLEARLY not "from the dressing room" as was being announced.
But I can only assume Samrah was acting on instruction and being told what to say. Not his finest moment as I'm sure he'd probably agree in hindsight. But I'll not hold it against him, or see him hung drawn and quartered over it.

He's earnt more slack than most on here this last 15 years.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Dont worry I don't. I would loved to have seen the lap of honour, but you do as your told from the PA man(Prize Arsewipe in this case). , and he says they're not coming out you belive him. Never liked the bloke, but tonight he's out done himself.

Is there anyone you do like .....

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Whoever's decision it was to announce that the players wouldn't be coming back out is an utter tool. Hundereds of supporters missed the lap of honour because of that bullshit. There was always going to be a pitch invasion, everyone knew what was coming. I see no sensible explanation of making that announcement when they clearly hadn't checked with Gus or the players whether they would be coming out. Missing the celebrations has left a slightly bitter taste in the mouth after an absolutely unbelievable and brilliant night.
Totally agree.

Why bother taking any notice of the PA announcer again. One the pitch after Southampton, on the pitch after Huddersfield!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For the record, I thought the tannoy announcements were utterly ridiculous and quite CLEARLY not "from the dressing room" as was being announced.
But I can only assume Samrah was acting on instruction and being told what to say. Not his finest moment as I'm sure he'd probably agree in hindsight. But I'll not hold it against him, or see him hung drawn and quartered over it.

He's earnt more slack than most on here this last 15 years.

This

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
It was a complete cock up by the club tbh. I was half way out, saw the east stand clapping so ran back in to watch, but I'm pretty sure about half the stadium had left by then.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The team clearly wanted the lap of honour and the pitch cleared VERY quickly for that reason so f*** knows why they were saying there wasn't going to be one - promotion = pitch invasion as basically ever ground in England!

Spot on! And in fact Paul Samrah was quoted as saying exactly this in the Argus today!!! Was a little gobsmacked by his carry on to be honest. I reckon he got a slap for the Argus comment, which sent him the other way!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bet it was Richard Hebbard who came out with the crap that Samrah was spouting tonight. Quite amusing that Gus and the players decided to stick two fingers up to that nonsense!!! Marvellous scenes, but from a club point of view a bit embarassing on a fabulous night.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fantasic. Thank you very much to him. He's a legend.

So's Dick Knight, but I wouldn't play him in goal. Give him a job he's capable of, because after that tonight, he clearly aint a f***ing PA man.

He's a PA man doing his job. I'm pretty sure he wasn't making these announcements off his own back just to piss people off, he's being TOLD what to do (as per the announcement on the club site today).

Don't shoot the messenger comes to mind.

f***ing hell, coming away tonight I just knew this would turn out to be a headhunting spackfest.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The team clearly wanted the lap of honour and the pitch cleared VERY quickly for that reason so f*** knows why they were saying there wasn't going to be one

It's basically the response you expect from the safety officer and his cronies "You naughty boys didn't do what you were told so the party is cancelled ner ner ner."

I'm glad the players had other ideas, I bet the jobsworths were well pissed off when they came running out

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Brighton have just played one of the most exciting games ever at Withdean to win promotion and you twats are bickering like schoolgirls. Well done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's basically the response you expect from the safety officer and his cronies "You naughty boys didn't do what you were told so the party is cancelled ner ner ner."

I'm glad the players had other ideas, I bet the jobsworths were well pissed off when they came running out

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here