Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Reid lays into Wilkins

My six penny worth is that

a) Paul Reid is a good player who didn't get a proper opportunity in central/right midfield which is undoubtedly his best position - his use at right back was for the wrong reason and not his fault
b) He is certainly able to play and this level and probably Championship
c) He is very unlucky not to have his contract renewed
d) IMO he would make an excellent and natural partner for Thomson
e) DW has my respect for what he has done so far but I am concerned at some of his selections when some players get more opportunity than others.
f) Time will tell and this time next season we will all know whether he has made the right decisions now and in the intervening period.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doesn't suprise me at all.

Thomson will be leaving soon for similar reasons. He thinks the management are woeful and wants out.
This was taken from The Argus comments and posted at 11.21 by Steve from Burgess Hill.

If and I do repeat IF it is true then we have a problem.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Thomson will be leaving soon for similar reasons. He thinks the management are woeful and wants out.
This was taken from The Argus comments and posted at 11.21 by Steve from Burgess Hill.

What did Thomson say, thats the first I have heard ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Steve form Burgess Hill, your kiddin me too, right !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Follow me and you'll get there too !!

About this balancing the books saga, your kidding me arent ya ?

The books will never be "balanced" at a third division football club playing at an athletics track in front of a sprinkling of fans. Thats obvious. And it just makes it all the more crucial that a tight rein is kept on controlling the wage structure at the club.

You've made some well reasoned points on this thread. Don't go and spoil it all now.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The books will never be "balanced" at a third division football club playing at an athletics track in front of a sprinkling of fans. Thats obvious. And it just makes it all the more crucial that a tight rein is kept on controlling the wage structure at the club.

You've made some well reasoned points on this thread. Don't go and spoil it all now.

I will let this one go !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is - it was posted by Steve from Hassocks!

Sorry got my towns mixed up as I read it then copied and pasted it and forgot which town.

The point is if what he says is true, Thomson having only just signed for a reasonable fee then casts a great shadow over our prospects for next season. It may well be bull...t I do not know.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i think dean has had to make some diffcicult decisions not an easy job to do but one than needed to be done - the club have been trying to get reid back from injury for 2 years and it hasn't worked - why are some people moaning at the people that have gone

Hart - not featured in the last year much - has served the club well but all good things come to an end - won't be missed on the pitch as hasn't played that much 2007/2008
Butters - has served the club well but all good things come to an end - hasn't played a massive amount of games mainly covered injures in 2007/2008 - at the age of 38 we would have expected this anyway

Mayo - not featured in the last year much - has served the club well but all good things come to an end - all good things have to come to an end which kerry has said himself on the radio - he can also do what he said on the interview - now go back to being an Albion Fan

Martot - was only a loan player anyway
Reid - the club have been trying to get reid back from injury for 2 years and it hasn't worked - i feel that after all that has been done for him this is very uncalled for by the parting shot
Rents - was given a year contract and has not proved himself - when given the opportunities i feel he is not a strong enough player to be left back - look at him and then looik at richards - its speaks for itself in my opinion

Mcfaul - was only a loan player who didn't work out

Cobbs Skinner and Winterton - have obviously not performed to what club needs so have been released - players need to get over it - the same happened to breach last year - it happens

Hinsh - he is being given the same opportunity as charlie last season - both given a lot less that paul reid has been given ( ie 2 YEARS )

i don't think anytime is good to deliver this type of news but i think Dean has let people know as quickly as he could - when would be a good time to deliver this news like this?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...The point is if what he says is true, Thomson having only just signed for a reasonable fee then casts a great shadow over our prospects for next season. It may well be bull...t I do not know.

But you'd like it to be true, wouldn't you?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Very unlikely.

Thomson is rated by Wilkins and played regularly.

After a successful season will be pleased with his contribution and will be excited with the prospects for next year with a few additions.

His own personal link with the departing players isnt likely to be so strong that those would effect him either.

Thompson knows changes were always going to happen this year, cannot see a problem here, no way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But you'd like it to be true, wouldn't you?

No I wouldn't because I believe that Dean Wilkins is the right man for the job, at the moment, whether or not he is the man to take us higher into Falmer remains to be seen. My problem is with his back up team I do not feel that they are up to the job.

I will give 1 example. The Sussex Senior Cup Final, where Chapman is the manager of the reserves. We totally dominated the first half and it was a matter of when and how many goals we would get Gatting Mc Faul and Reid all looked lively. 2nd half after the team talk at half time we struggled to hold Crawley and it was more by luck than judgement that we managed tio hang onto our lead. Gatting, Mc Faul and to a certain extent Reid faded as Steve Evans got the tactics right and Chapman looked lost waving his arms about like a windmill in the dugout.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
My six penny worth is that

a) Paul Reid is a good player who didn't get a proper opportunity in central/right midfield which is undoubtedly his best position - his use at right back was for the wrong reason and not his fault
b) He is certainly able to play and this level and probably Championship
c) He is very unlucky not to have his contract renewed
d) IMO he would make an excellent and natural partner for Thomson
e) DW has my respect for what he has done so far but I am concerned at some of his selections when some players get more opportunity than others.
f) Time will tell and this time next season we will all know whether he has made the right decisions now and in the intervening period.

Complete and utter bull. I`ve never rated Paul Reid and i`m pretty sure most of my mates that also go regularly agree. Saw him in the Senior Cup final and he was pretty dire. Championship player my arse!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He does ASK for it though, with all this sniping at the management and coaching team.

Isnt that the whole point of this board to stimulate arguments. Only a few people know of my true views, which I do not always display on here, more a case of giving the wolves what they want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here