Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Reid - a true professional

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Less than 12 hours after being told that no new contract was on offer - Paul Reid honoured a commitment to present the Henfield FC trophies at their Junior Awrds evening tonight.

Wearing his Albion tracksuit, Paul was a model professional.

Football is a cruel game and many professional footballers rightly receive lots of criticism for taking fans for granted etc etc.

Paul Reid stands out from the crowd and is a real class act. I wish him well wherever he goes and will watch his career with great interest.

I feel we've lost a player that still has a lot to offer - both on and off the pitch. A real Albion ambassador.

Sad days.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:bowdown:

Fair play to him, I doubt many people in that position would have fulfilled their obligation as he did.

I'm surprised he's been let go, to be honest. I know he's had injury issues, but I would still have said he had something to offer us...more than Loft, at least.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:cry:

Football can be very cruel. He has had so much bad luck with injuries, when he should have been at the peak of his career. I wish him all the best for the future. Whether that be in professional football or radiology or something else.

I will never forget his contributions on the pitch and his contributions off the pitch. No more so than getting that kid to swap a Palace shirt for a Brighton shirt. :bowdown:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Paul Reid has always given his best and seems a really good bloke. Sadly injuries have hampered his opportunities and overall fitness. Also when it comes to finances Reid earns (much?) more than Loft and that counted against him.

Let's not crucify Loft - in his position how many of us would turn down the offer?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Paul Reid has always given his best and seems a really good bloke. Sadly injuries have hampered his opportunities and overall fitness. Also when it comes to finances Reid earns (much?) more than Loft and that counted against him.

Let's not crucify Loft - in his position how many of us would turn down the offer?

Correct on both counts and i heard today that Paul Reid has another club lined up but he didn't say where?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He's been in with the fans a number of times at away games this season. Thanks for everything Paul. :)

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Absolutely 100% agree with all that's been written. Alot of the so called "big-shots" from the premiership should look at the likes of Reidy and learn lessons from him.

Hope he gets a contract somewhere else and does really well...Good luck Reidy!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
He was BHA's Swiss Army knife.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Class act and a great gesture. Good luck to him in his next move.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
And played for us with a sense of humour. Anyone remember him wearing a black arm band after England had won the Ashes?

Had forgotten about that:lolol:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Excellent player, a model pro and a super bloke too. Great at Seagulls over London, and on countless other occasions. A superb ambassador for the club, and for his country.

Modest, self-effacing, thoughtful, intelligent and - so I am told - very appealing to certain lady supporters as well... ;)

Good luck Paul, wherever life takes you next.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Seem to recall he's a trained physio too ?

Lovely bloke, glad to have met him at Seagulls Over London. Will always remember him telling us that his favourite Albion experience was playing in the win at Palace, because the atmosphere was even better than the play off final.

Gutted he's leaving to be honest and very very surprised.

Cheers Paul - all the best, hope you get (or have) another club lined up.

:clap::clap:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
always looked quality when playing, shame we've not seen more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here