Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paralympics?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My last point about the Paralympics is the commentary. The people doing the voiceovers are used to watching able-bodied athletes, so when they commentate on the paralympics they over-egg the "achievment" side of things, in my book.

You feel as if you are watching a freak show because what's happening is being portrayed as almost superhuman.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Surely the airtime should be determined by the ratings like any other TV show. If enough people want to watch it then put it on, if not then stick it on BBC3 with all the other stuff that no one wants to watch.
I think what people object to is the BBC's tendancy to try and play the thought police, e.g they are disabled and have had a hard life therefore you MUST find it interesting otherwise you HATE disabled people.
Personally I can take or leave it, the same as the proper olympics.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does that not qualify you for anything then ?

Probably a £20,000 grant from New Labour for a plasma screen with f*** off loud speakers and soundproofing for my house.

I forgot to mention I only had one eye on the telly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Considering the REMF which is really an NSC driven charity are just about to grant their second £ 1000 to BHAFC, Seagulls-Specials the viewpoint of some of the people is to say the least very dissapoiniting and embarrasing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They have been banned (also immediately.) I'd like to think that they'll THINK before writing such posts in future.
Something beyond some of the mods on here.

Can someone ban the complete TWATS on here who peddle homophobic and islamaphobic abuse please. Oh sorry, that's alright because Gareth Glover isn't offended by them and he does *such* a lot of work for charidee.

Do carry on.

Albion Rob

I care more about and would much rather watch most of the paralympic events than i do about the sailing people we're supposed to care about because we win or people riding horses slowly.

Agree. and sort of related to that point, do they have sailing and horse riding at the Paralympics or is it just track and field and swimming? Can't say I've ever seen events outside those two.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Something beyond some of the mods on here.

Can someone ban the complete TWATS on here who peddle homophobic and islamaphobic abuse please. Oh sorry, that's alright because Gareth Glover isn't offended by them and he does *such* a lot of work for charidee.

Do carry on.

That is f***ing outrageous. I have always been against homophobia and posted against it ALWAYS so I don't know where you got that from. I debate Islam but do not peddle Islamophobia. I support REMF and just pointed out that with the grant we are giving the views of some are dissapointing.

What you have posted in bordering on libel.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Have reported them both. Cheers. Has opened up an interesting debate though and glad that most people have voiced support for the Paralympics.

Yeah, such an interesting debate that you felt the need to stifle it and report those who dared to voice a differing opinion, no matter how "offensive", to yours.

Just for the record (and in no way for fear of being banned) I fully support the Paralympics and can't wait to find out who the fastest bloke in the world with one leg is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is f***ing outrageous. I have always been against homophobia and posted against it ALWAYS so I don't know where you got that from. I debate Islam but do not peddle Islamophobia. I support REMF and just pointed out that with the grant we are giving the views of some are dissapointing.

What you have posted in bordering on libel.
Cut the crap Gareth. You go off in childish HUFFS if anyone has a chuckle at a dead horse or the paralympics. I don't recall you flouncing over some of the other abhorrant views on here.

And "bordering on libel" my f***ing arse. What are you on about?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cut the crap Gareth. You go off in childish HUFFS if anyone has a chuckle at a dead horse or the paralympics. I don't recall you flouncing over some of the other abhorrant views on here.

And "bordering on libel" my f***ing arse. What are you on about?

Get a dictionary out and look it up.

You said I peddled Homophobia and Islamophbia , its a written lie, its libel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here