Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paralympics?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

1067Seagull

Banned
Jun 27, 2008
I thought it was very harsh when they played 'November Spawned a Monster' by Morrissey instead of the national anthem when the 13 year old girl won the swimming.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Oh well, best just ban him for that then. Now that I know his comment depressed you.

I would hope that both Nause and John Bumlick posted with the best of intentions, even if it was an attempt to be "funny" or provoctative? However I doubt it?
I personally took offence at both their posts. However, possibly Nause's comment of They are milking olympic funds for something that no one gives a toss about!! Was a "figure of speach and has been miss intrepretated and is just the way he or she expresses themselves or was trying to be funny? Similar with John Bumlick and the poster he put up, which if nothing else has drawn attention to the issue of disabilities.
It did not appear to be a concerted "campaign" against persons with disabilities (if that is it was intended) by more a "jest".
The answer seems simple to me. Why don't the two of them just apologise (if they feel it is appropriate) to fellow posters that may have taken offence?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think what they do and the effort that goes into training is impressive, but did have a snigger during the swimming for legless individuals when the BBC commentator said that the British girl had 'worked her socks off'

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
So our paraplegic athletes have won 21 golds and surpassed the medal totals of the able bodied athletes. Just shows what a bunch of spastics our able bodied lot are.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

You fuckin amaze me, you go into a world record-breaking hissy fit when someone mentions "Desert Orchid" and "endless supply of glue' in the same sentence and then post a youtube clip of a exploding pony! You nutter. If that had been the dog burger that used to be that lovable grey horse you used to wank over endlessly then you would gone into another one of your staggeringly funny internet spasms that keeps hundreds of NSCer's amused across the globe.

Your a complete knob and a hypocrite - please keep posting.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
On a SERIOUS note, I did always wonder about how the LEVEL of handicap each person has impacts on the event. Blind running or wheelchair tennis is fine because noone can see anything / everyone is in a wheel chair, but take one armed swimming for example. Some athletes may have a longer stub than others. This is surely unfair.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
On a SERIOUS note, I did always wonder about how the LEVEL of handicap each person has impacts on the event. Blind running or wheelchair tennis is fine because noone can see anything / everyone is in a wheel chair, but take one armed swimming for example. Some athletes may have a longer stub than others. This is surely unfair.

yea they do try and classify everyone as fairly as possible but it's impossible to do it 100% fairly as then there would be thousands of classifications. And you'll usually find that in most events it's the 'less' disabled that win. That's why it's mostly a con.

the team sports like the rugby and basketball are much fairer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here