Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Panic buying.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Went to Tesco last night at about 23:00 and a grumpy shelf stacker had a go at me for being a panic buyer.
I had about 6 things in my trolley. I couldn't stop myself calling him a silly sausage.

Would have agreed with you but they had a point with it being 6*30 pack of bog roll in the trolly

:whistle:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Went to lidl earlier, guy on counter said he was surprised it is so quiet but reckoned the shelves will be empty by 2 as they had been most days.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just spent an hour sauntering about in Lewes Town Centre and the market.
Place was packed with everyone seemingly oblivious of the danger they were in :moo:
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just spent an hour sauntering about in Lewes Town Centre and the market.
Place was packed with everyone seemingly oblivious of the danger they were in :moo:

6 Generations of inbreeding completely fearless (and senseless) pyromaniacs tends to do that :wink:

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
I went to buy some paracetamols earlier, to find the Lloyds chemists shelves empty.
The pharmacist said people had been panic buying. Idiots.
Ive got a headache.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's a shame because the people that cant panic buy, those on low incomes living from one pay day to another and vulnerable/ elderly living on their own will be the ones that suffer due to this, just like everything else really.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Went to Tesco's earlier and an elderly gent had at least 10 bottles of bleach in his trolley. Maybe he's going to bathe in it. No pasta of any description or tinned tomatoes but plenty of loo rolls though

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don’t get it as certainly doesn’t seem to be any real problems yet in South London except with Paracetamol. Lidl was very well stocked last night when I popped in for a bottle of vino and Sainsbury’s in East Dulwich had everything I needed earlier in the week.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wonder if any of our recruitment team, browsing NSC, saw this thread title - and decided it was best not to open it!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Went to Tesco's earlier and an elderly gent had at least 10 bottles of bleach in his trolley. Maybe he's going to bathe in it. No pasta of any description or tinned tomatoes but plenty of loo rolls though

He might be cleaning up a messy crime scene. Leave him alone.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t get it as certainly doesn’t seem to be any real problems yet in South London except with Paracetamol. Lidl was very well stocked last night when I popped in for a bottle of vino and Sainsbury’s in East Dulwich had everything I needed earlier in the week.

It is stocking up in case of illness and self isolation. It is not a worry that the shops will run out of stuff.

Plenty of stuff, including loo rolls, at Lewes Aldi, and there was no evidence of panic buying at the Harvey's shop thank goodness.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here