Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Panic buying.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Plenty in Lidl yesterday and Kaufland today. No 'hamsterkäufe' here - doesn't happen in Germany. :moo:

BogPaper.jpg

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I went to buy some paracetamols earlier, to find the Lloyds chemists shelves empty.
The pharmacist said people had been panic buying. Idiots.
Ive got a headache.
Me too - I had to buy disgusting capsules this afternoon rather than tablets, and at 3 times the price.

I enquired at the till about hand sanitizer, to be told that there had been queue at the door at 08:30 to panic buy it all!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My lad has just been to the local Asda for diabetes inducing shite. He has reported no chuff paper and no pasta on the shelves.

They walk among us.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
One of these is way too happy for what’s coming.
4297E761-DD04-4319-8694-7A09345D7357.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t get it as certainly doesn’t seem to be any real problems yet in South London except with Paracetamol.

There are none in the jungle either, because the parrots eat ‘em all.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
That thumbnail? Which bit of 'wash your hands thoroughly' didn't you see? ???

Ha, not mine but I guess that he had run out of paper and just had a matchstick.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have just panic bought cotton wool buds as my airbrush nossle gets jammed when spaying paint that I haven’t thinned enough

I feel dirty!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think the point I am trying to make is that it isn’t panic. It is rational to stock up in certain situations, including illness. We are stocking up to pre-empt the panic of having to self isolate and running out of food. If everything turns out fine then we will eat the stock of frozen and non perishable food anyway. As you say though, if you think it won’t be an issue then don’t do it. I don’t share that confidence (not 100 % anyway).

It is absolutely panic buying. You may not be running round screaming and waving your arms about, but you are panic buying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here