Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Panic buying.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Been going on for a couple of weeks here now and it is bloody ridiculous. People panic buying cause those that don't to follow suit, though too late for them/us.
Anyone would think that there is a bloody war on.
Crazy times, stores are going to introduce rationing it soon !

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Went to the Pak'n'Save (more Asda than Waitrose) in Rotorua* and every trolley was piled high with bog rolls. Are people confusing this with Norovirus?

*Just showing off.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My Tesco delivery went without incident, all 408 toilet rolls were there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just been to my local which I wont name, thought I'd bought the last 2 packs of andrex before seeing a mountain of them in the corner! The only thing I'm finding difficult to find is quorn chicken and Linda McCartney sausages!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Just back from Sainsbury and can confirm the end of the world is neigh. It's not going to be the virus which gets us but starvation and a dirty bum. Got the last pack of loo roll (coconut flavour wtf), no pasta, tinned tomatoes or oatcakes, why oatcakes? It seems the virus attacks the rational part of the brain before the respiratory system.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just back from Sainsbury and can confirm the end of the world is neigh. It's not going to be the virus which gets us but starvation and a dirty bum. Got the last pack of loo roll (coconut flavour wtf), no pasta, tinned tomatoes or oatcakes, why oatcakes? It seems the virus attacks the rational part of the brain before the respiratory system.

Sainsbury in Shoreham...

Pasta isle and the loo roll isle was exactly the same last night...

Simply madness, what's wrong with people in Shoreham, don't they like cannelloni or what !!

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just been to the shops to do some panic buying for this weekend’s meals. It’s like the Four Fecking Horseman Of The Apocalypse are on their way out there today. Even the petrol station had queues. It’s pathetic

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Went to Tesco last night at about 23:00 and a grumpy shelf stacker had a go at me for being a panic buyer.
I had about 6 things in my trolley. I couldn't stop myself calling him a silly sausage.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There seems to be a pretty uniform view on here that stocking up is a bad idea. I’m wondering what you are all going to eat if you have to self isolate for a couple of weeks or longer. We have stocked up and will continue to replenish as it is the rational thing to do. The real panic will come from people who catch the virus and haven’t stocked up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here