Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Panic buying.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Went to Aldi this morning and everything was tickity boo - then went to Sainsburys and shelves were stripped. Loads of old people with boxes of cereal, rice, pasta, toilet rolls, pet food ( ?!??!! ) and soup in their trolleys. Me thinks it might be an old person thing.

Definite logic to that. They are in the high risk group, so understand more them stocking up so they dont need to venture out if it does get a lot worse in next few weeks.

As for everyone else (not in a high risk group) panic buying.... absolute prats!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well no one in their right mind panic buys at Waitrose prices

You are not wrong. The Mrs asked me if I could pick up a specific bottle of wine whilst I was there. It was £16.99. Needless to say it remains on the shelf. Not even the bloke from the Werthers originals advert would panic buy that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to Aldi this morning and everything was tickity boo - then went to Sainsburys and shelves were stripped. Loads of old people with boxes of cereal, rice, pasta, toilet rolls, pet food ( ?!??!! ) and soup in their trolleys. Me thinks it might be an old person thing.

You were looking for cereal, rice, pasta, toilet rolls, pet food as well then? :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I did all my panic buying long before it became a panic.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Well the 30 somethings with nearly 40 bog rolls this morning tell a different story

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I blame the Andrex puppy for the lack of bog roll.

For those that think it's necessary to panic buy, I think Forrest Gump summed it up best "Stupid is as stupid does"

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Well no one in their right mind panic buys at Waitrose prices

Afraid your wrong spoke to sister who lives up in Durham and started work at 03.00am shopping for people online . She said her busiest night / day in 23 years of working for them . Not even bothering to take it off pallets . Straight into home shop or people’s trollies .She did 23 online shops today most ever for her shift / shop lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
We have genuinely run out of toilet roll and hand soap, but the fridge and freezer are pretty full. I didn't want to look like a panic buyer in Sainsbury's just now, so bought 15 bottles of different real ales and some hot cross buns to balance it out. (I also just bought one small pack of toilet rolls and 2 soaps).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As an aside we bulk buy our bog roll from Costco from time to time. I've just counted 30 rolls in our cupboard. If anyone is short, i will happily sell for a tenner a roll with all proceeds going to a good cause - The Iggle Piggle Cheltenham festival gambling fund.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Not even bothering to take it off pallets . Straight into home...

Yes, my pallet of Toilet Roll arrived this morning. I am now safe from Corona Virus as I swathe my head in fifteen layers of double-quilted.

Works a charm as nobody comes near you - especially if you walk with your arms out in front of you groaning, dragging an Egyptian artefact or two behind you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just came back from Waitrose and everything was in order. The conclusion to draw is that posh people panic less. On that basis, I'd imagine ASDA is decimated.

I'm sure ASDA can cope with a 10% reduction of available produce :shrug:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The mainstream media were bitterly disappointed when the world didn’t end on February 1st, they have now instigated a full blown panic over a case of the sniffles. Glad I don’t pay my licence fee anymore.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The mainstream media were bitterly disappointed when the world didn’t end on February 1st, they have now instigated a full blown panic over a case of the sniffles. Glad I don’t pay my licence fee anymore.

Remember when I said you were odd ? You seem intent on proving it yet again.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Yes, my pallet of Toilet Roll arrived this morning. I am now safe from Corona Virus as I swathe my head in fifteen layers of double-quilted.

Works a charm as nobody comes near you - especially if you walk with your arms out in front of you groaning, dragging an Egyptian artefact or two behind you.

Oo, that’s interesting! It would explain why my local Sainsbury’s toilet roll aisle this evening was stripped of the posh, double quilted stuff, but still plenty of the cheap stuff. Obviously, the more luxurious the thickness, the better the anti-viral protection.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
My local Sainsbury’s was also nearly completely OUT of peanut butter, fizzy pop, crisps, grapes and fruity cider. It’s panic buying gone mad! (Or maybe just a typical Friday evening in Studentsville)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I bought a pack of nine bog rolls this evening. Should have opened the pack and put one back? I don't really want to feel I'm contributing to the end of civilisation as we know it ...................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here