Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

Feb 18, 2013
So Mr. G. Raffe, what does you best mate who is best mates with Mr. Parish say? We still in deep do-do and facing imminent collapse????

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
but their wage bill, although it increased by about 25% in the year, was still below £12 million.

Is that the same period that ours was £14M ? And would it be right to assume that our non-playing staff costs are higher than Palace ? So do you think the playing budgets are likely to be similar. or is that not known ?

(If ours is higher - well done to KevTheRev who asked me whether I thought theirs was higher - and I did).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Breaking News on the financial results : Wages to turnover ratio should be 78% as the figures have been scrutinised with a severe scrute by [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I really don't think we have to worry about Dobbie doing the same as Murray, especially if Palace do get into the Prem. Do you honestly see Dobbie as a Premiership player?

Like I said, I don't think we saw his best so I don't feel I could give a fair judgement of if he'd be a success in the premier league, but I do think there are players that people may look at as not being up to it who actually could in the right team playing the right system.

I'm not saying dobbie will be a success, just that Murray looked like he'd be a failure at palace and then turned it around, it would be foolish to revel in palace buying a dud off us so soon after that without giving him time to settle in.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
A player cannot be registered with 3 clubs in a single season (which for FA purposes runs from 1 July to 30 June). Dobbie was with Swansea last July, before signing for us, and so could not sign a permanent contract with Palace. Under the terms of the deal in January, he is on loan with Palace and the contract crystallises into a formal signing on 1 July 2013.

A fascinating insight into a deal that waasn't made public. This sounds like a very unlikely course of events. A deal that crystalises into a formal signing? Do you mean a pre contract? This sounds very unlikely.

I put it to you that the following is a more likely course of events.

Holloway like Dobbie as a player (he worked with him at Blackpool), as such he enquired and made an attempt to fashion a deal with BHAFC. If the rule regarding the number of clubs a player can be registered to would be contravened then a loan deal is agreed, if this is not the reason then perhaps a deal could not be worked out in time.

A loan deal until the end of the season is agreed. Whilst working on this deal Holloway or the club's representatives make enquiries to the players permanent availability when the transfer would be permitted at the end of the season. A figure is discussed that would secure the player's services at this time. Wary of the uncertain nature of the club's status at the end of the season CPFC deem it prudent to have a value agreed. A value is indeed agreed on the basis that CPFC have first refusal to sign said player at this value.

It would seem the value is mutually agreeable to both parties to tie up such an agreement.

I cannot see how without breaking the above stated rules anything can be in place that demands CPFC sign a certain player for a certain fee.

It all seems wishful thinking on the part of this self proclaimed President. I would be extremely interested to learn the origin of your sources.

Whether he does well or not with us - I kind of hope he returns to you guys as it would seem that it would really upset you all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So Mr. G. Raffe, what does you best mate who is best mates with Mr. Parish say? We still in deep do-do and facing imminent collapse????

I never said you were. WHat I said was that the owners are suprised about how hard it is to increase attendances. They perhaps naively thought they could increase average to 20,000 but are some way short. Player sales need to fill the gap.

And as for my business associate (I have never said he was my friend) he said exactly the same a month ago, that the owners are just trying to get the club to break even but need attendances to grow. But none of the Zaha money will go on player purchases in the summer.

A fascinating insight into a deal that waasn't made public. This sounds like a very unlikely course of events. A deal that crystalises into a formal signing? Do you mean a pre contract? This sounds very unlikely.

Holloway like Dobbie as a player (he worked with him at Blackpool), as such he enquired and made an attempt to fashion a deal with BHAFC. If the rule regarding the number of clubs a player can be registered to would be contravened then a loan deal is agreed, if this is not the reason then perhaps a deal could not be worked out in time.

A loan deal until the end of the season is agreed. Whilst working on this deal Holloway or the club's representatives make enquiries to the players permanent availability when the transfer would be permitted at the end of the season. A figure is discussed that would secure the player's services at this time. Wary of the uncertain nature of the club's status at the end of the season CPFC deem it prudent to have a value agreed. A value is indeed agreed on the basis that CPFC have first refusal to sign said player at this value.

It would seem the value is mutually agreeable to both parties to tie up such an agreement.

I cannot see how without breaking the above stated rules anything can be in place that demands CPFC sign a certain player for a certain fee.

It all seems wishful thinking on the part of this self proclaimed President. I would be extremely interested to learn the origin of your sources.

Whether he does well or not with us - I kind of hope he returns to you guys as it would seem that it would really upset you all.

So you're calling Steve Browett a liar as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You really are clinging to your belief that Dobbie will return to us at the end of the season :lolol:

The deal is complete, you've even paid ( part of ) the fee.

Keep clutching those straws :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It matters **** all if a deal could or couldn't have been done before the January transfer deadline , Dobbie cannot sign a permanent deal as the rules do not permit any player to sign for more than 2 clubs in a season and play for them (FIFA rules permit a player to permanently sign for 3 different clubs in a season but he can only play for 2 of them).

Feb 18, 2013
I never said you were. WHat I said was that the owners are suprised about how hard it is to increase attendances. They perhaps naively thought they could increase average to 20,000 but are some way short. Player sales need to fill the gap.

And as for my business associate (I have never said he was my friend) he said exactly the same a month ago, that the owners are just trying to get the club to break even but need attendances to grow. But none of the Zaha money will go on player purchases in the summer.

Back track back track back track.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
You really are clinging to your belief that Dobbie will return to us at the end of the season :lolol:

The deal is complete, you've even paid ( part of ) the fee.

Keep clutching those straws :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Not at all. I don't really care if he stays or goes back right now. Hasn't shown that he isn't good enough or that he is particularly worth it either. I said I would kind of like him to go back just as it would seem to really upset you guys and therefore be funny.

How do you know any fee as part of any transfer has been paid? Steve Browett says he believes the player will be with us next year and that a fee is agreed, not a done deal and I fail to see how any initial fee would have been paid for him. It is a loan with an option to buy as is common place in football. The important word here is option.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Riiiiigggghhhhtttt , so your original post wasn't predicting our imminent financial meltdown then ? I must have misinterpreted it .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've told you before that I have no desire to use phone bandwidth and time trawling the internet at your bidding.

The information is out there. I really care not whether you believe this.

You will have all the evidence you want on July 1st. :lolol:

Not at all. I don't really care if he stays or goes back right now. Hasn't shown that he isn't good enough or that he is particularly worth it either. I said I would kind of like him to go back just as it would seem to really upset you guys and therefore be funny.

How do you know any fee as part of any transfer has been paid? Steve Browett says he believes the player will be with us next year and that a fee is agreed, not a done deal and I fail to see how any initial fee would have been paid for him. It is a loan with an option to buy as is common place in football. The important word here is option.

Did you read the link I posted earlier?

Here's the important bits.

The word option is never used, in fact you can "rest assured" Dobbie will be with you next season however he plays.

little al
XXVII

Dobbie
Has a price been pre arranged regardless of how he performs for us between when he signed on load and the purchase date?

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Yes.

rhynoeagle
Glenn Murray's lover.

Have read we have practically signed him, we just couldn't get the deal done in time and so went for a loan deal. Any truth in this? Do we have an agreement in place so that he can't go to any other team in the Summer?

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle
Have read we have practically signed him, we just couldn't get the deal done in time and so went for a loan deal. Any truth in this? Do we have an agreement in place so that he can't go to any other team in the Summer?

That's more or less the truth of it.

I can't really go into the exact details of the deal but you can rest assured that he'll be playing for Palace next season.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I actually think Palace are becoming a good example of how to run a club at this level.

Reduced loss, low wages to turnover ratio, making efforts to make tickets affordable for all. Exactly the sort of things we praise the Albion for heading towards.

Anyone with a minute or so to spare, I did a piece on the Palace accounts this morning HERE

Walt I am not a finance man so I still can't understand why you think they are doing so well.

It might be hard for Brighton fans to admit, but Palace seem to be doing a good job at keeping their finances under control. And that is not the only positive thing coming out of Selhurst Park

This comment in your article stating they are doing a good job with their finances, has me a little confused as to how this is considered good. They have now built up debts of £12 mill over the past two season. How can that be good when they came out of Admin in 2010 completely debt free.
Are you saying that £12mill loss over two seasons is under control in footballing terms?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Back track back track back track.

Riiiiigggghhhhtttt , so your original post wasn't predicting our imminent financial meltdown then ? I must have misinterpreted it .

This was my original post:

For next few years the club's only ambition is not for results on the pitch but to become financially solvent.

New ground plans will never happen. Totally resigned to making the best of Selhurst (but realising that is a very difficult job).

Keeping transfer fees and wages under tight control.

Trying to attract a larger fanbase. Hugely disappointed by last season's attendances. Worried that Crawley, Brighton and Charlton are a more attractive proposition for the next generation of fans, plus the general trend of new kids supporting Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Know that they are now a long way behind the likes of Brighton in terms of their ability to attract players due to wage structure, ground, area and manager!! (In their words, Gus is gold dust on this front)

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Did you read the link I posted earlier?

Here's the important bits.

The word option is never used, in fact you can "rest assured" Dobbie will be with you next season however he plays.

little al
XXVII

Dobbie
Has a price been pre arranged regardless of how he performs for us between when he signed on load and the purchase date?

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Yes.

rhynoeagle
Glenn Murray's lover.

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle

That's more or less the truth of it.

I can't really go into the exact details of the deal but you can rest assured that he'll be playing for Palace next season.

Thank you for spending the time to copy and paste for me. Could you now just highlight the area where Steve Browett says that we have paid a fee already for him and are contracted to sign him?

Thank you for spending the time to copy and paste for me. Could you now just highlight the area where Steve Browett says that we have paid a fee already for him and are contracted to sign him?

FFS, I'm trying to show you that there is NOT an option, it is sealed however he plays even if, god forbid, he gets a bad injury*.

I have no idea if there has been a payment already

*That is sincere, I wish no harm to him, only your club.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
This was my original post:

For next few years the club's only ambition is not for results on the pitch but to become financially solvent.

New ground plans will never happen. Totally resigned to making the best of Selhurst (but realising that is a very difficult job).

Keeping transfer fees and wages under tight control.

Trying to attract a larger fanbase. Hugely disappointed by last season's attendances. Worried that Crawley, Brighton and Charlton are a more attractive proposition for the next generation of fans, plus the general trend of new kids supporting Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Know that they are now a long way behind the likes of Brighton in terms of their ability to attract players due to wage structure, ground, area and manager!! (In their words, Gus is gold dust on this front)

Yes Gus certainly has attracted some huge names hasn't he. There is errr, Ulloa and errr, ummm errr lets see errr .... nope. Gold dust, I tell thee Gold dust.

Our academy is also failing I see, damn it. Only having the likes of Boatend, Allassani, Kaikai, Palmer and Dymond coming through. Your academy will be so much better once you have built it - stands to reason, of course it does due to the years it has had to establish a reputation in the game. Oh hang on.

So they are worried about the likes of Crawley attracting fans to them instead of us? Riiiiiiight. OK. Thanks for your comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here