Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You are not seriously comparing Dobbie with Murray on the performances you have seen both players play for us?

Glenn Murray is putting in performances for palace above what he did for us, why can't dobbie? Especially if you aren't so unfair on him as to expect him to hit his peak performance on the back of very occasional short run outs and coming in and out of the match day squad.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
You are not seriously comparing Dobbie with Murray on the performances you have seen both players play for us?

Different sort os player to be fair. I know Dobbie has played as a striker but cannot see that myself. In the hole yes or as an AM yes again. He has a little flair and looks capable of some nice play. I suspect we haven't seen the best of him yet, only 10 games I think he has played. Just the one goal, this has coincided in a complete loss of form and confidence that i don't think can be in any part put on Dobbie. I imagine when we were playing with confidence and without fear around the turn of the year he would have looked more the part. But when struggling for form and indeed goals it is going to take something different.

In a nutshell, jury is out for me on Dobbie but I don't think he is the awful player that you believe him to be after 15 games for you. Where was he playing for you guys and who plays there for you now?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One last thing before I depart...

Where is [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]? Wasn't he the chap who said he is mates with Steve Parish's best mate and that he had been told we are in deep financial trouble? Any update [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]?

Do not fear, I am here.

I never once said they were in deep financial trouble. I simply outlined that the current owners were surprised how difficult their job was, that they would need to sell players (Zaha, to which you said they wouldn't), to make ends meet. And then in selling this player it wouldn't mean they would invest the sale proceeds in other players because they would need the money to boost the club because attendances are much lower than they had forecast.

That is all. All of which is correct.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Glenn Murray is putting in performances for palace above what he did for us, why can't dobbie? Especially if you aren't so unfair on him as to expect him to hit his peak performance on the back of very occasional short run outs and coming in and out of the match day squad.

If you read what some Palace fans are saying about him being lazy and uninterested, poor shooting, much the same as many comments on here.
So you think Gus was wrong then and should have kept playing him no matter what. I will take Gus's opinion over yours on Dobbie thanks.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think much of the sources on here ???

My source doesn't post on NSC but is the same person who told me Ross McCormack wouldn't be signing for Palace as he and his agent were talking to other clubs (including us) a good couple of weeks before an official statement in the media from CPFC saying he wasn't signing for you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's ok then.

A player cannot be registered with 3 clubs in a single season (which for FA purposes runs from 1 July to 30 June). Dobbie was with Swansea last July, before signing for us, and so could not sign a permanent contract with Palace. Under the terms of the deal in January, he is on loan with Palace and the contract crystallises into a formal signing on 1 July 2013.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Different sort os player to be fair. I know Dobbie has played as a striker but cannot see that myself. In the hole yes or as an AM yes again. He has a little flair and looks capable of some nice play. I suspect we haven't seen the best of him yet, only 10 games I think he has played. Just the one goal, this has coincided in a complete loss of form and confidence that i don't think can be in any part put on Dobbie. I imagine when we were playing with confidence and without fear around the turn of the year he would have looked more the part. But when struggling for form and indeed goals it is going to take something different.

In a nutshell, jury is out for me on Dobbie but I don't think he is the awful player that you believe him to be after 15 games for you. Where was he playing for you guys and who plays there for you now?

This was said so many times from our fans about Dobbie, it brings a smile to my face when I read similar comments about him on your boards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How does this affect Palace's overall finances though? If they have been making losses consistently on previous accounts filed and a £9.48m loss on the last set of accounts followed by losses of £2.5m in this set does that not mean overall they are at least £12m in debt somewhere or to someone? I can't see how the previous £9.48m loss could be written off on turnover of £15m? Genuine question because it seems some posters are under the impression that on the basis of these accounts Palace are only in debt to the tune of £2.5m I can't imagine is the case.

CPFC2010 have put the money in but haven't taken any out , so far. It is a paper debt.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
CPFC2010 have put the money in but haven't taken any out , so far. It is a paper debt.

Oh I see, so similar to the Albions club debt to Bloom which I believe has been converted into shares? If not what happens when the boys of CPFC2010 want their investment back or debt paid can they simply then saddle the club with the debt and cash out? Is that not what Jordan did?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh I see, so similar to the Albions club debt to Bloom which I believe has been converted into shares? If not what happens when the boys of CPFC2010 want their investment back or debt paid can they simply then saddle the club with the debt and cash out? Is that not what Jordan did?

To be fair to Jordan, he lost a lot of money when he severed his ties with Palace.

The Palace directors are owed about £11 million by the club in the form of loans, and have put in another £4 million during the year in the form of shares.

Their accounts are reasonable, they lost about £50,000 a week, but their wage bill, although it increased by about 25% in the year, was still below £12 million.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I guess so , either Browett or Parish have said they are only "caretakers" until someone comes along and wants to buy the club from them and they get back or make a gain on their investment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you read what some Palace fans are saying about him being lazy and uninterested, poor shooting, much the same as many comments on here.
So you think Gus was wrong then and should have kept playing him no matter what. I will take Gus's opinion over yours on Dobbie thanks.

That is not what I said at all.

My opinion on dobbie is that we didn't see the best of him. No more no less. Keep him, sell him, whatever, not sure i have an opinion on that, just that we haven't seen the best of him.

Murray is also being criticised and was last season, by palace fans for missed chances and application, as he was with us.

My point is that Murray left us and joined palace. Like dobbie. In his first season he didn't succeed. Like dobbie. Many were glad to be shot of him. Like dobbie. We all know how that turned around to smash expectations.

In his second season he did better than ever in his career, better than he did for us, and now we look at the decision to not make a higher offer as poyet's worst mistake.

I just think people should learn from that and not be so rash to make judgements, like withdeanwanderer's assessment of Spanish Dave.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be fair to Jordan, he lost a lot of money when he severed his ties with Palace.

Did Tangoman only get back 1p in the £ too ? I think he was in a catch 22 situation , vote for the CVA and get back 1p in the £ or vote against and get nothing at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes they have increased turnover from £12.7m to £15m, but at the same time they have increased costs meaning their operating loss has gone from £2.4million to £3.9million. Clearly that is a step backwards.

However they have bolstered by the sale of players to the tune of £1.7million, which pretty much gets them back to where they started.

Wages and salaries have increased by 24%.

Bonuses of £3.6million will be paid if the club reaches the premiership. This is shown as a contingent liability rather than being accrued as in the opinion of the auditors it is unlikely to happen :)

Some gems from the Directors Report:

"In the Championship we had a very good start to the campaign where we remained in the top half of the table for most of the season The performances tailed off somewhat towards the end with injuries to some of the key players and we eventually finished in 17th position"

"The total attendance at Selhurst was 411,522....which meant the average per game was 14,697"

"We continued to invest in and improve the infrastructure of the group. The restaurant and bars in the main stand have been improved significantly and HD TV's have been installed throughout the stadium to enhance the matchday experience"

"We spent approximately £1million on capital expenditure projects in the year to June 2012 and this also included a major resurfacing of the pitch at Selhurst"

"Proceeds totalling £13,344,437 are due in respect of player sales"

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
That is not what I said at all.

My opinion on dobbie is that we didn't see the best of him. No more no less. Keep him, sell him, whatever, not sure i have an opinion on that, just that we haven't seen the best of him.

Murray is also being criticised and was last season, by palace fans for missed chances and application, as he was with us.

My point is that we Murray left us and joined palace. In his first season he didn't succeed. We were all glad to be shot of him. In his second season he did better than ever in his career, better than he did for us, and now we looking at the decision to not make a higher offer as poyet's worst mistake.

Dobbie, in his first "season" with palace is doing no better for them than he did for us. Like Murray in his first season, and we all know how that turned around to smash expectations.

For me one of the main differences with Murray leaving, was that Murray just wanted more than Gus was prepared to pay, so he sought higher wages elsewhere, which was his right, But Gus did try to keep him.
Dobbie was still under contract and by all accounts being paid well, but not performing for us, so Gus must have come to the conclusion that he was just not going to cut it here and it was better to get rid of him.
I really don't think we have to worry about Dobbie doing the same as Murray, especially if Palace do get into the Prem. Do you honestly see Dobbie as a Premiership player?
But should Dobbie prove me wrong, then this would be one that Gus cocked up, because he got rid when he did not have to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know Dobbie has played as a striker but cannot see that myself. In the hole yes or as an AM yes again. He has a little flair and looks capable of some nice play. I suspect we haven't seen the best of him yet, only 10 games I think he has played. Just the one goal, this has coincided in a complete loss of form and confidence
Good work agent Dobbie.

Under the terms of the deal in January, he is on loan with Palace and the contract crystallises into a formal signing on 1 July 2013.
We're discussed this several times before and I don't remember you posting that. I didn't even know it was possible for such a contract to be written - ie, clearly flouting the rule that someone can't sign for 3 clubs, as he has signed (for the contract to crystallise he has to have signed it). So is that your best educated guess El Pres, or do you know it's correct - and don't you think it's weird that clubs can simply work around the rules?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"Proceeds totalling £13,344,437 are due in respect of player sales"

Will they spend part of this on making repairs and long needed maintenance before one or more of the stands are condemned on health and safety grounds ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here