Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
1. Good results. Better than i expected.

2. Brighton's stadium is not a identikit bowl but IMO is not the best venue in the world.

One last thing before I depart...

Where is Giraffe? Wasn't he the chap who said he is mates with Steve Parish's best mate and that he had been told we are in deep financial trouble? Any update Giraffe?

Why are you copying FraserH's posts off BBS?

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I like the Amex, think it works really well in the space that it sits in. For what it is worth.

Just seems unlikely and a shame that I will have a chance to visit unless for another England U21 match or similar. (not a Palace ST holder so never amongst the priority lists for tickets).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I believe it was somewhere near 350k and he was rumoured to be among the highest earner's.

My "source" has told me we will recoup whatever the transfer fee was paid to Swansea plus the wages and bonuses whilst he was here plus a tiny bit extra. Wurzel thinks he has got a right bargain.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why are brighton fans gloating about dobbie's failure to take off so quickly? Will they remember this if he goes on to get 30 goals next season?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why are brighton fans gloating about dobbie's failure to take off so quickly? Will they remember this if he goes on to get 30 goals next season?

He'll only get that sort of figure in League 1.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

You are joking ?
Dobbie has only hit 21 in total since 2009, his best scoring season total was 23 for Queen of the South.

Why at his age do you think he will suddenly become a 30 goal a season man?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I actually think Palace are becoming a good example of how to run a club at this level.

Reduced loss, low wages to turnover ratio, making efforts to make tickets affordable for all. Exactly the sort of things we praise the Albion for heading towards.

Anyone with a minute or so to spare, I did a piece on the Palace accounts this morning HERE

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I actually think Palace are becoming a good example of how to run a club at this level.

Reduced loss, low wages to turnover ratio, making efforts to make tickets affordable for all. Exactly the sort of things we praise the Albion for heading towards.

Anyone with a minute or so to spare, I did a piece on the Palace accounts this morning HERE

I was really expecting some sort of hilarious animation or picture of a guy with blonde locks etc. Pleasantly surprised. Thank you for posting that. An interesting read.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

A nice piece there Walt very fair . I'm very pleased with the results but won't go overboard untill it has been clarified by giraffe and his bestest mate !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
My "source" has told me we will recoup whatever the transfer fee was paid to Swansea plus the wages and bonuses whilst he was here plus a tiny bit extra. Wurzel thinks he has got a right bargain.

I don't think much of the sources on here ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Don't see much gloating to be honest, just people happy that we have unloaded the highest earner who wasn't working out for us ???

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
How does this affect Palace's overall finances though? If they have been making losses consistently on previous accounts filed and a £9.48m loss on the last set of accounts followed by losses of £2.5m in this set does that not mean overall they are at least £12m in debt somewhere or to someone? I can't see how the previous £9.48m loss could be written off on turnover of £15m? Genuine question because it seems some posters are under the impression that on the basis of these accounts Palace are only in debt to the tune of £2.5m I can't imagine is the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here