Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But you didn't turn your slump around, you squeaked past Peterborough in the last game and then Dobbie didn't play in the playoffs. I believe we gained 11 points on you during the run in as your form hit rock bottom with or without Dobbie. You got into the playoffs due to your points tally before the slump. You're making this up to make yourself feel better aren't you?

Please hang around when the season starts and give us updates :thumbsup:

Correct. Dobbie was part of the attacking force that didn't score a goal for about 8 hours and didn't win a game for 2 months. Pivotal.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Correct. Dobbie was part of the attacking force that didn't score a goal for about 8 hours and didn't win a game for 2 months. Pivotal.

It is certainly all opinion but during the last few games Dobbie's goals against Leicester and Blackburn helped earn the draws that reaped the points that cemented or playoff position.

The long and short of it is that he didn't fit in with your team/system/management he has since come to us and shown that he does fit in with these things. If he isn't playing well for you then you are right to get rid - for which you are happy. We got him in and he did well and made a contribution (a large one at that) to our final push and seems to be doing well, for which we are happy.

I see nothing in the above as grounds for p1ss taking on either side.

Not like Murray who did great for you then came to us and has been good for us too - that was a steal ;)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It is certainly all opinion but during the last few games Dobbie's goals against Leicester and Blackburn helped earn the draws that reaped the points that cemented or playoff position.

The long and short of it is that he didn't fit in with your team/system/management he has since come to us and shown that he does fit in with these things. If he isn't playing well for you then you are right to get rid - for which you are happy. We got him in and he did well and made a contribution (a large one at that) to our final push and seems to be doing well, for which we are happy.

I see nothing in the above as grounds for p1ss taking on either side.

Not like Murray who did great for you then came to us and has been good for us too - that was a steal ;)

I find you paying £850k for a player over 30 who has had 8 games only in the Premiership, scoring 0 goals very funny actually, for a club trying to strenghten enough to try and stay in the Prem. But please come back half way through next season and tell us then, how well he is doing.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
I find you paying £850k for a player over 30 who has had 8 games only in the Premiership, scoring 0 goals very funny actually, for a club trying to strenghten enough to try and stay in the Prem. But please come back half way through next season and tell us then, how well he is doing.

As mentioned if a player doesn't light up the football mecca that is BHAFC it doesn't make them a bad player. He seems to have performed better with us that you. Just the way it goes sometimes. You have not lost out but you have not made money. Was it hilarious when you bought him and he didn't perform?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
As mentioned if a player doesn't light up the football mecca that is BHAFC it doesn't make them a bad player. He seems to have performed better with us that you. Just the way it goes sometimes. You have not lost out but you have not made money. Was it hilarious when you bought him and he didn't perform?

Have you asked yourself why the club you like to compare yourselves with, Swansea, kept loaning him out until they received an offer for him?

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
Have you asked yourself why the club you like to compare yourselves with, Swansea, kept loaning him out until they received an offer for him?

When have i compared Palace with Swansea?

I don't really see the point in your continued p1ss taking:
Brighton buy Dobbie for £x
Dobbie turns out to be poor for Brighton
Palace loan Dobbie from Brighton
Dobbie turns out to be useful to Palace
Palace buy Dobbie for £x

The funny bit is?
Brighton coaching staff aren't able to work out how to utilise Dobbie effectively?
Brighton scouting staff do not realise that they do not have the system or coachin to utilise Dobbie effectively?
Palace loan then buy a player who looks to be working out quite well with our system and coaches?

Palace buy Dobbie for £x

The funny bit is?
Brighton coaching staff aren't able to work out how to utilise Dobbie effectively?
Brighton scouting staff do not realise that they do not have the system or coachin to utilise Dobbie effectively?
Palace loan then buy a player who looks to be working out quite well with our system and coaches?

You are a cretin.

That is all I have to say on this subject.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Palace buy Dobbie for £x

The funny bit is?

As I said earlier, please come back when he is MOM against Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea then I might say we dropped a clanger letting him go. Until then nothing will convince me, that you have paid a lot of money and given him a long contract, on high wages, to be a bench warmer.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I'm interested to know if the people up there have started infiltrating The Spurs forums yet, should be good fun.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
As I said earlier, please come back when he is MOM against Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea then I might say we dropped a clanger letting him go. Until then nothing will convince me, that you have paid a lot of money and given him a long contract, on high wages, to be a bench warmer.

You're getting me wrong. I'm not taking the p1ss that you let him go. He didn't perform for you, you should have let him go. You didn't make a loss on him. No problem.

Hillian - right, thank you for your input.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013

Why does he have to be MOM to be good value for money? I'd say consistently featuring in games would be sufficient. If this doesn't happen, we can still loan him out to a Championship club fancying promotion and be no worse off, no doubt.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why does he have to be MOM to be good value for money? I'd say consistently featuring in games would be sufficient. If this doesn't happen, we can still loan him out to a Championship club fancying promotion and be no worse off, no doubt.

and get him back next year when you are back in your correct league...:bigwave:

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
and get him back next year when you are back in your correct league...:bigwave:

I presume by this you mean (should he be loaned out) that he will return to Palace after the loan, whatever division we are in? Of course that will happen, why point out the obvious?

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013

You're so jealous of us deep-down. It is utterly hilarious :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think to be honest you must be jealous of us with the amount of time you spend on this forum :lolol:

Almost as much as the banned Seaside / Glenn-Murray used to. Are you him ?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Mr Rock, Mr Rock where have you been, have you been up to London to visit The Queen? No seriously we've been very worried, even posted look-outs in Ikea, never mind your safe and well. Anything we can do for you today? I bet you're getting excited for the visit of Spurs. Been looking for one of those half and half scarves thats got Spurs on one end and another team on the other?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think to be honest you must be jealous of us with the amount of time you spend on this forum :lolol:

Almost as much as the banned Seaside / Glenn-Murray used to. Are you him ?

Yes, it's him.

And Seaside wasn't banned. He just 'disappeared' rather than pay the £200 he owes to REMF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here