Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Rivalry

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Well done Royal Ali for highlighting what a numbscull the Palace monkey is.

Southerners but thankfully not Londoners United!

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

Sneaky George said:
It's not a local derby in the strictest sense of both clubs being side by side in the same city, of course it isn't. But Palace is actually the closest league club to Brighton so for us Albion fans, in some ways, it really is a local derby. Before this week, I suspect that some Palace fans were more concerned with Charlton or Millwall. But I think Tuesday night will have gone a long way to re-activating the rivalry. And try telling the 24500 that packed into Selhurst that it wasn't a derby. I haven't been in an atmosphere that passionate for years.

Oh and by the way, it was scheduled for a Tuesday as the last time it was played on a Saturday there was a lot of trouble.

You see i don't think you've read the thread properly. We really couldn't give two s***'s about Charlton :p

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
And i'm pretty sure they don't give two shits about you either.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

eagleseatseagulls said:
You see i don't think you've read the thread properly. We really couldn't give two s***'s about Charlton :p

Is that because it is embarrassing? The best South London team? I dont think they see you as a threat. Although the honours were even last season and you have a better record. But that is in the past, just like the 5-0 and the 0-1. All that matters is the next meeting, and when we meet each other on level terms. Both have a stadium etc.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
AJ's Love Monkey said:
You obviously didnt read the thread Brixtaan listen to what people tell you :rolleyes:

Uh-oh, here comes the A-Team.

As for the thread,i may have missed bits,which bit of it is relevant to Charlton not giving a hoot about you?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If Reading haven't got any rivals now and Charlton haven't, then maybe they could pretend to hate each other ????
:lolol: :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Charlton only get big crowds because they virtually give season tickets away.:rescott:

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

BarrelofFun said:
Is that because it is embarrassing? The best South London team? I dont think they see you as a threat. Although the honours were even last season and you have a better record. But that is in the past, just like the 5-0 and the 0-1. All that matters is the next meeting, and when we meet each other on level terms. Both have a stadium etc.

What? You really don't have any idea do you? Charlton are DESPERATE to have a rivalry with us. We couldn't give two s***'s about them because we only hate you and Millwall. They can't accept this so they try everything to make us hate them, with no success.

It would help if you actually read through the thread a bit so that you can understand what people are saying :rolleyes:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Yorkie said:
If Reading haven't got any rivals now and Charlton haven't, then maybe they could pretend to hate each other ????
:lolol: :lolol:
They could well be in the same division next year.........All they need is Prosser in charge and something will happen to make them hate each other.............

What am i saying...........No-one can hate lovely little Charlton:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

eagleseatseagulls said:
What? You really don't have any idea do you? Charlton are DESPERATE to have a rivalry with us. We couldn't give two s***'s about them because we only hate you and Millwall. They can't accept this so they try everything to make us hate them, with no success.

It would help if you actually read through the thread a bit so that you can understand what people are saying :rolleyes:

I am terribly sorry. I was just voicing an opinion. I assume when you say we couldnt give two s***ts about charlton you have been voted as spokesman for Crystal Palace. I do apologise Mr Eafleseatseagullls (although that is debatable)

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

BarrelofFun said:
I am terribly sorry. I was just voicing an opinion. I assume when you say we couldnt give two s***ts about charlton you have been voted as spokesman for Crystal Palace. I do apologise Mr Eafleseatseagullls (although that is debatable)

Not at all but i can guarantee you i'm speaking for the majority.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

eagleseatseagulls said:

Some of the posts on BBS after the end of last season were hilarious.........The Clowns thought they finally had a rival for sending you down, and the replies were .......Not bothered, we get to play Brighton again..OUR REAL ENEMY:clap2: :clap2:

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

bakesy said:
Some of the posts on BBS after the end of last season were hilarious.........The Clowns thought they finally had a rival for sending you down, and the replies were .......Not bothered, we get to play Brighton again..OUR REAL ENEMY:clap2: :clap2:

You see Barrel of Fun your fellow Brighton fan (Bakesy) has hit the nail on the head. I don't expect you to know much about what goes on between us and other clubs but i can assure you Charlton are completely irrelevent to the majority of palace fans.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

eagleseatseagulls said:
You see Barrel of Fun your fellow Brighton fan (Bakesy) has hit the nail on the head. I don't expect you to know much about what goes on between us and other clubs but i can assure you Charlton are completely irrelevent to the majority of palace fans.

Charlton mean NOTHING to Palace fans, Brighton & Millwall all the way

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

AJ's Love Monkey said:
Charlton mean NOTHING to Palace fans, Brighton & Millwall all the way

He's back!

How ya doing Monkey Spanker?

Did you do anything Tues night?

I did. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Palace Rivalry

eagleseatseagulls said:
No I haven't read the thread properly - I can't be bothered. I'm still at work and haven't really got time to trawl through it all but it doesn't really matter does it? My point is that becuse we ( Brighton and Palace ) were in different divisions for so many years some younger Palace fans must have thought their real rivalry was with other South-London clubs like Millwall and MAYBE Charlton. I'm willing to stand corrected on the Charlton point. However, it recent years, yes the 5-0 and again on Tuesday, the Albion- Palace rivalry seems to have begun to grow again. I'm talking about the younger fans in the 14 - 25 age group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here