Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Rivalry

smileyeagle

Sep 7, 2005
Gipsy Hill
eagleseatseagulls said:
You have a point. It's just some of these poor little seagulls need to be brought right back down to earth after there smash and grab victory over palace the other night :D
I know. Bless 'em. I'm happy for the to enjoy their lil' win, but some of them seem to be getting delusional now ... :rolleyes:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1-0 and another 3 points next month.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Presidente said:
I guess Palace see us in the same way that Man U see Man City. Former rivals who have struggled to compete with them on the pitch for a number of seasons, and sometimes a division or two apart

. All my City supporting mates loathe United with a passion, whereas United have turned their attention to the Liverpool Stickies. Having said that it STILL kicks off big style on derby day in Manchester, but the press don't bother to report it as it takes place far from the ground.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
enigma said:
So if Milwall hate you more than the Hammers, why are West Ham listed as their number one rivals? By saying, a large MAJORITY you're implying that most of them wanted West Ham to win, which I find hard to believe, especially given the violence at their games.

Looks like you've put some research into this! ;)

In a lot of Millwall fans' eyes West Ham are still the 'traditional' rivalry also known as the 'docker's derby' but as smileyeagle says, of recent times we have played each other on a more regular basis and because parts of our catchment area are shared with Millwall you'll find a lot of fans living in 'enemy territory' which only strenghtens the rivalry we have with them.

As far a the play-off final is concerned, most Millwall fans were split in their decision, hence why i said a 'majority' of Millwall wanted West Ham to win. Some say this is because they are used to West Ham being in the Premiership and it hurts them more if we are promoted there.

E

enigma

smileyeagle said:
Who said they hate us more than the Hammers.

You must have missed the bit where your fellow lego-land dweller argued that a large majority of Milwall fans wanted West Ham to win.

Dandyman

In London village.

Albion Rob

smileyeagle said:
Who said they hate us more than the Hammers. Their traditional rivalry will always be West Ham - same as ours is you. However, recent history means we have played each other more, so you will have many fans on both sides that hate each other more. Rather like I hate Millwall more than you ...

I know you find it hard to beleive, but even your little victory over us doesn't mean that much. I mean I know you'd love it to matter to us that much, but it just doesn't. We haven't had to wait 16 years to score against you. We are still by far the superior club. I mean - we beat Liverpool not so ago - are we suddenly better that them? I think not.

Fact is, its just slightly irritating to us. Not the end of the world.

Still, that takes nothing away from the night - you fully deserved the win. Enjoy it.

You

lost

to

us,

your

main

rivals,

at

home

and

it's

eating

you

up.

Don't prentend you don't care because of you truly didn't then you would not even bother posting on here. You're making us feel very significant by telling us you don't find us significant.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Albion Rob said:
You

lost

to

us,

your

main

rivals,

at

home

and

it's

eating

you

up.

Don't prentend you don't care because of you truly didn't then you would not even bother posting on here. You're making us feel very significant by telling us you don't find us significant.

There's no doubt that Brighton are hated more than Millwall at Palace. You are our main rivals and yes indeed it hurts, a lot :(

Here's to November and a share of the spoils :drink:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
smileyeagle said:

Fact is, its just slightly irritating to us. Not the end of the world.

Still, that takes nothing away from the night - you fully deserved the win. Enjoy it.

I could find many many qoutes from the BBS that are in direct conflict with what you are saying here, do you want me to go get em?
:p

Sneaky George said:
When I was a kid we used to get a mate's Dad to drive up us to Albion games at Selhurst and there was a bridge at Coulsdon which had the immortal graffiti

" Turn back Brighton now or die!"

They've scrubbed it off now which is a shame cos it always made me laugh.

There used to be the immortal graffiti down the side alley next to the Cliftonville pub by Hove Station that said in big letters " CPFC DIE" precise and stariaght to the point!

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Christ that was done about 1979.Forgotten all about it.
Never mind I'll do it again on the new by-pass.(just for old times sake);)

smileyeagle

Sep 7, 2005
Gipsy Hill
Albion Dan said:
I could find many many qoutes from the BBS that are in direct conflict with what you are saying here, do you want me to go get em?
:p
Go ahead. I can only talk from personal point of view. It hurts, but it ain't all that. Now 5-0 - that would have hurt like hell. 1-0 is obviously gutting as you are our rivals, but its not going to stick in memory for long (again, not like 5-0).

:)

Is that CPFC DIE! sign still there? I know it was right up to the day the Goldstone went. It used to make me smile every time I saw it, someone does need to re-paint close to the new ground in letters ten feet tall.

What does that say? "People called Palace they go the house".........no it doesn't it says "Palace go home!"

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
To summarise this thread, it doesn't matter whether you support Brighton, Millwall, Charlton or come to that any other team in the country, we all agree that Palace are a pile of shite that no-one likes. Is any other team (apart from perhaps ManUre) so intensely disliked?

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Kent Seagull said:
To summarise this thread, it doesn't matter whether you support Brighton, Millwall, Charlton or come to that any other team in the country, we all agree that Palace are a pile of shite that no-one likes. Is any other team (apart from perhaps ManUre) so intensely disliked?

'No one likes us, we don't care...'

Actually hang on minute...that's Millwall's song isn't it?

:salute:

smileyeagle

Sep 7, 2005
Gipsy Hill
Kent Seagull said:
We love it. :lolol: :p

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think it's GOOD to have a fierce rivalry, so long as people know the difference between rivalry and acting like a cockjuggler lobbing bricks etc.

I think you will find the Old Firm are particularly disliked in Scotland, and Peter Kenyon is on a one man mission to get Chel$ki loathed everywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here