Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Rivalry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
eagleseatseagulls said:
Your club and fans are an embarassment. That plea for attention is nothing short of pathetic.
Rather like your clubs fans and that 'show of cards' then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Actually, did we ever hate them? I suppose we must have - we took over half the ground at least twice in recent years.

We took 1,000 more than Tuesday the last time we went there didn't we? We must have found them just a little irritating to take that many surely?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That is pathetic. "boohoohoo, we're their rivals, not those nasty Brighton boys :cry:"

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
RoyalAli said:
What exactly is embarrassing about us?
The 15 game unbeaten streak (in all competitions), the second position in the league, or the 3-2 win over you a month or so ago?

I would have been f***ing embarrassed if my club's fans put on such a lame-arse card display, and then lost our derby game with an abject performance, despite the team's premiership pedigree.

Oooops my mistake. Sorry mate thought you were Charlton!

:dunce:

smileyeagle

Sep 7, 2005
Gipsy Hill
Charlton?

Who's that then?

Oh yeah - those pikey ones that have no away following and nobody cares about.

Sent us down, my arse. :lolol:

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
SE25 said:
Just like that poxy little shitdean of yours!

You should probably specify and say Shitdean Stadium, rather than just Shitdean. As Shitdean.....sorry Withdean is a nice area, and you are unfairly dragging its name through the dirt with Shitdean Sta.....sorry, Withdean Stadium.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
eagleseatseagulls said:
Your club and fans are an embarassment. That plea for attention is nothing short of pathetic.

Charlton = :yawn:

:wave:

Bloody hell.. i agree with eaglesateseagulls :thud: :)

Charlton fans are shyte, average around 500(if that?!) away from home despite consistently decent home following which shows a lack of core fan base- and reading are just shit full stop, fanbase wise. Noone gives a shit about them both cos both clubs lack a passionate fanbase!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Poor old Charlton, I quite liked them until that nonce wrote that piece, now they seem like bitter whinge-bags.

Still they hate the Scum, so it's not all bad, but whinging about Palace hating somebody else and getting the right arse about it? That really is f***ing lame....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RoyalAli said:
We've averaged about 1150 away fans a game so far, and 17,000 at home..

You may not be impressed, but its growing year on year, and our growth in fanbase is undeniable.
It's still PAINTYFACE CENTRAL at El Stadio Della Clackerstick though.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
RoyalAli said:
We've averaged about 1150 away fans a game so far, and 17,000 at home..

You may not be impressed, but its growing year on year, and our growth in fanbase is undeniable.
Plenty of room for away support then........................what sort of allocation can we expect?

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Just found this. A Charlton fan is not happy about being liked;

FRANKIE SAYS....

Thursday 20th October 2005

Classic quote from the current manager at Crystal Palace, some fella named Dowie, after his side had been mauled to death by Brighton on Tuesday at the Dennis-in-the-Last-Minute Stadium in Croydon. This is what he had to say:

"There was not enough passion on the pitch. It didn't look like it was a derby from our point of view."

Didn't look like a derby. Oh really? And why do you think that might be then, Mr Dowie? Possibly because it isn't one. The sorry truth is - hating Brighton because Alan Mullery called you nasty names isn't enough to make Crystal Palace v Brighton a 'derby'. A little bit of verbal jousting and hand-bag swinging doesn't actually constitute a 'local rivalry' does it?

At least it didn't with us. I mean, we live just round the corner from Croydon, so we're rather more 'local' than Brighton. AND we've been hurling abuse at Palace non-stop for over twenty years now. Some of that abuse has been quite unspeakably shocking - when I think back at some of the things we've chanted at the Palace, well, it quite makes me blush with shame. It really does. AND we sent them down, of course. Yes, it was all down to us. If it wasn't for us, Palace would still be dining at football's top table with the likes of Chelsea Arsenal and Charlton.

And yet despite all this, and despite Simon Jordan's rather pathetic and derisory attempts at a "Lets all Hate Charlton" campaign, Palace fans still have a warm affection for us. Despite the fact that they are the victims of an unrequited one-way love, and that we've consistently behaved abominably towards them, they still cant bring themselves to loathe us. Instead, they prefer to loathe Brighton, and only Brighton.

So whatever it was that Alan Mullery called Palace all those years ago, it must have been pretty bad. Not difficult to believe - I recall from his short term as manager at Charlton, Mullery had a mouth like a sewer. Are there any football historians out there who'd care to enlighten us? If you can remember the exact terms of abuse that Mullery fired at Palace, TELL FRANKIE so that we can all enjoy it once again.

Local rivals my arse. Why did the Football League schedule it for a Tuesday night if it was such a big game? There must be at least a dozen teams who are more local to Croydon than Brighton (including Charlton) and I'm sure they all have the utmost disdain for Jordan's Tits - or Crystal Palace Supporters Club, to give them their official title. Face it, all you Palace fans - Simes is right. You really shouldnt be liking us, after all we've done to you.

Brighton and Hove Albion? Bunch of pussy-cats.

Charlton Athletic? Loathsome monsters

out of interest, where did you find this? Wouldn't mind reading the replies...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Uncle Buck said:
Just found this. A Charlton fan is not happy about being liked;

FRANKIE SAYS....

Thursday 20th October 2005

Classic quote from the current manager at Crystal Palace, some fella named Dowie, after his side had been mauled to death by Brighton on Tuesday at the Dennis-in-the-Last-Minute Stadium in Croydon. This is what he had to say:

"There was not enough passion on the pitch. It didn't look like it was a derby from our point of view."

Didn't look like a derby. Oh really? And why do you think that might be then, Mr Dowie? Possibly because it isn't one. The sorry truth is - hating Brighton because Alan Mullery called you nasty names isn't enough to make Crystal Palace v Brighton a 'derby'. A little bit of verbal jousting and hand-bag swinging doesn't actually constitute a 'local rivalry' does it?

At least it didn't with us. I mean, we live just round the corner from Croydon, so we're rather more 'local' than Brighton. AND we've been hurling abuse at Palace non-stop for over twenty years now. Some of that abuse has been quite unspeakably shocking - when I think back at some of the things we've chanted at the Palace, well, it quite makes me blush with shame. It really does. AND we sent them down, of course. Yes, it was all down to us. If it wasn't for us, Palace would still be dining at football's top table with the likes of Chelsea Arsenal and Charlton.

And yet despite all this, and despite Simon Jordan's rather pathetic and derisory attempts at a "Lets all Hate Charlton" campaign, Palace fans still have a warm affection for us. Despite the fact that they are the victims of an unrequited one-way love, and that we've consistently behaved abominably towards them, they still cant bring themselves to loathe us. Instead, they prefer to loathe Brighton, and only Brighton.

So whatever it was that Alan Mullery called Palace all those years ago, it must have been pretty bad. Not difficult to believe - I recall from his short term as manager at Charlton, Mullery had a mouth like a sewer. Are there any football historians out there who'd care to enlighten us? If you can remember the exact terms of abuse that Mullery fired at Palace, TELL FRANKIE so that we can all enjoy it once again.

Local rivals my arse. Why did the Football League schedule it for a Tuesday night if it was such a big game? There must be at least a dozen teams who are more local to Croydon than Brighton (including Charlton) and I'm sure they all have the utmost disdain for Jordan's Tits - or Crystal Palace Supporters Club, to give them their official title. Face it, all you Palace fans - Simes is right. You really shouldnt be liking us, after all we've done to you.

Brighton and Hove Albion? Bunch of pussy-cats.

Charlton Athletic? Loathsome monsters
It's not a local derby in the strictest sense of both clubs being side by side in the same city, of course it isn't. But Palace is actually the closest league club to Brighton so for us Albion fans, in some ways, it really is a local derby. Before this week, I suspect that some Palace fans were more concerned with Charlton or Millwall. But I think Tuesday night will have gone a long way to re-activating the rivalry. And try telling the 24500 that packed into Selhurst that it wasn't a derby. I haven't been in an atmosphere that passionate for years.

Oh and by the way, it was scheduled for a Tuesday as the last time it was played on a Saturday there was a lot of trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here