Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace game tonight laughably cringworthy !!

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
What REALLY gets me is that Palace fans call our 'new' fans plastic, however, they claim their 40,000 seater will be full, what will they call these fans ? Will these 25,000 be plastics too ?!?

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
You're the one getting your knickers in a twist you ****. :shrug:

12_croydon_fire_momo_620.jpg

f*** off and die :tosser:
Yep, well done.

152969309_ff988d6d3b.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A little pedantic aren`t we ?
I think you know he means away team. Just as a side note we are also the first away side to win in front of the recently named Sir Alex Ferguson Stand.

How small-time must a football club be to feel that being the first side to score in front of a stand - whether at River Plate, Morton FC or Barcelona - is something to crow about? It's no wonder Zaha and Clyne will be looking to move onto bigger and better things when the cup run comes to an end.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What REALLY gets me is that Palace fans call our 'new' fans plastic, however, they claim their 40,000 seater will be full, what will they call these fans ? Will these 25,000 be plastics too ?!?

Yes Pathetic Palace Plastics-or the PPP as it will be known for short.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
We're ahead of you in the table, we have a better ground and we get 5-10k more fans than you every week. Bring up history all you want, but right now we are better than the nigels in every way, and that's what actually counts.
But hey, you've been in the "top two divisions for 25 years" or some bullshit as you keep reminding us. I hear you get a massive trophy and loads of money for doing that.
Cnuts.
Agreed the "Julians" are just ahead of the "Nigels". For the moment. But it's a bit desperate wehen you have to tote a "Cup" you won in 1910 to reinforce the Braghton reputation.

Let's face it football as we know it really kicked off around 1960, and the passing of the freedom of transfer rules, as strived for by Jimmy Hill. And since then Palace have a far superior record to Braghton.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
How small-time must a football club be to feel that being the first side to score in front of a stand - whether at River Plate, Morton FC or Barcelona - is something to crow about? It's no wonder Zaha and Clyne will be looking to move onto bigger and better things when the cup run comes to an end.

And who celebrated scoring the first goals at Falmer? WAs it not Tottingham....or even Doncaster Rovers....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agreed the "Julians" are just ahead of the "Nigels". For the moment. But it's a bit desperate wehen you have to tote a "Cup" you won in 1910 to reinforce the Braghton reputation.

Let's face it football as we know it really kicked off around 1960, and the passing of the freedom of transfer rules, as strived for by Jimmy Hill. And since then Palace have a far superior record to Braghton.

However The Modern football era began in 1992-ok we have a lot of catching up to do,but i feel we have a superb launch vehicle in which to progress with and a team in Gus & Bloom that if they stay happy together,will take us there.

As for the 1910 Charity Shield-it's all part of the history.

The Julians? i like it-flattered.....i might change my seaweed! seaweed!.....then again i might not.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And who celebrated scoring the first goals at Falmer? WAs it not Tottingham....or even Doncaster Rovers....

No it wasn't. It was Albion legend Gary Hart in the Sussex Senior Cup final for Brighton. Not that it matters in the scheme of things a jot:)

Beat me to it Cheeky Monkey.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A little pedantic aren`t we ?
I think you know he means away team. Just as a side note we are also the first away side to win in front of the recently named Sir Alex Ferguson Stand.
I do know what he's trying to get at, but the fact that every Palace fan that tries to post the point gets it wrong highlights just how tenuous the claim to fame is. Palace fans keep saying they were the first to win a league game at the Amex, but you weren't, we were. Then they say they were the first away side to win at the Amex - sorry, that was Spurs. So they say they were the first away side to win a competitive game at the Amex - but that was Liverpool. So... Palace were the first away side to win a league game at the Amex - whoop de do, nobody cares. Who was the first away team to win a league game at <insert any other club>? Nobody knows because it's an irrelevant stat.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I do know what he's trying to get at, but the fact that every Palace fan that tries to post the point gets it wrong highlights just how tenuous the claim to fame is. Palace fans keep saying they were the first to win a league game at the Amex, but you weren't, we were. Then they say they were the first away side to win at the Amex - sorry, that was Spurs. So they say they were the first away side to win a competitive game at the Amex - but that was Liverpool. So... Palace were the first away side to win a league game at the Amex - whoop de do, nobody cares. Who was the first away team to win a league game at <insert any other club>? Nobody knows because it's an irrelevant stat.

[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] should perhaps replace -Registered User- with -To the point or Tells it straight or maybe For the facts?

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here