Attachments

• IMG_7064.png
    IMG_7064.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 122

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
If this is true, it is very funny.

I wonder what put him off?
According to The Athletic & Alan Nixon, Glasner wasn't convinced.

"Palace head coach Oliver Glasner turned down the opportunity to sign Sessegnon, who could have provided competition to Tyrick Mitchell at left-back."

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am genuinely interested to see if Glasner can continue his impressive revival of Palace late last season.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I am genuinely interested to see if Glasner can continue his impressive revival of Palace late last season.

They will be playing teams that aren’t either on the beach or relegation candidates.

Be interesting to see how they do with teams who have something to play for.

I think it was only Liverpool they won against after they sacked/ retired Hodgson not in the above 2 categories.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

"Palace head coach Oliver Glasner turned down the opportunity to sign Sessegnon, who could have provided competition to Tyrick Mitchell at left-back."

@ThePaddy , any idea why he trained with you for a couple of weeks, and not Fulham, who he must have still had contacts with?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
More ‘illegal betting” grief for Palace.

It appears that as well as having a very dubious front of shirt sponsor, their sleeve sponsor isn’t exactly kosher either.

One could be forgiven for thinking that they are more interested in the amount of filthy lucre they can get their mitts on, than being a moral law abiding business.

So glad our club mantains a high moral standard.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
They will be playing teams that aren’t either on the beach or relegation candidates.

Be interesting to see how they do with teams who have something to play for.

I think it was only Liverpool they won against after they sacked/ retired Hodgson not in the above 2 categories.

That’s just silly, are you saying Liverpool, Newcastle, Man U and Aston Villa had nothing to play for, is that why Brighton only won 1 of their last 10 games because they were on the beach, if that’s what you think you should ask for a 1/3 of your season ticket money back.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I must admit I thought it would be a big gamble to sign such an injury plagued player….anyway he has gone to the team he actually supports which is nice.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That’s just silly, are you saying Liverpool, Newcastle, Man U and Aston Villa had nothing to play for, is that why Brighton only won 1 of their last 10 games because they were on the beach, if that’s what you think you should ask for a 1/3 of your season ticket money back.

Liverpool, I’ll give you, although they were going through a very iffy patch.

Newcastle were absolutely awful away from home, Manchester United were nothing special, and loads of rumours about dressing room unrest( ido know we lost to them when we played them, with none of our first 11 defence available)
Villa were so much on the beach, they had sand between their toes. They were guaranteed 4th place .

We played from November to May without being able to field our first choice 11 once.

I would never ask for season ticket money back, because I support my club.

No slitty throat gestures or strongly worded letters from me, when things are going badly.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Liverpool, I’ll give you, although they were going through a very iffy patch.

Newcastle were absolutely awful away from home, Manchester United were nothing special, and loads of rumours about dressing room unrest( ido know we lost to them when we played them, with none of our first 11 defence available)
Villa were so much on the beach, they had sand between their toes. They were guaranteed 4th place .

We played from November to May without being able to field our first choice 11 once.

I would never ask for season ticket money back, because I support my club.

No slitty throat gestures or strongly worded letters from me, when things are going badly.
In the last 10 games palace were without their first choice keeper and first choice centre back, so the injuries excuse can be used both ways. We also played most of the season without our 2 star players.

Professional athletes/ footballers get to be elite because they our focused and always give 100% ( maybe not the last game of the season ) but we beat Liverpool and Newcastle with 9/8 games left , plenty to play for, what is it a couple of million per place ?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
In the last 10 games palace were without their first choice keeper and first choice centre back
I wish that were the extent of our injuries!

Spent nearly the whole season without our best RW (March), spent half the season without Mitoma, Enciso, Estupinan, Hinshelwood, Pedro, Veltman and with lengthy injuries to Pedro, Van Hecke, Igor, Milner, Gilmour, Lallana and Ferguson.

We were absolutely ravaged by injures last season.

For reference, the game against Man United that was mentioned we had two of our best 11 starting (Pedro and Gross), with only another 2 of them on the bench (Verbruggen and Gilmour).

Despite that we were the better team and should have won.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here