Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where's Eze going, and for how much? Last week it was Guehi. Maybe Wharton next week? It’s great that I can get accurate updates on where our players are off to without having to look elsewhere.
Man City I believe 😉

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

If the release clause quotes are accurate... it is another epic fail.
60m is a decent fee, and, as we know, once you get a club prepared to pay the sort of wages that Man City will be offering, you don't really have much choice regardles of whether or not you have a release clause.

I think that our gauge on transfer fees has been affected by some of the fees we've received from Chelsea over the last 2 years. The 50m fees we got for both White and MacAllister are probably more in line with realistic market prices.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
60m is a decent fee, and, as we know, once you get a club prepared to pay the sort of wages that Man City will be offering, you don't really have much choice regardles of whether or not you have a release clause.

I think that our gauge on transfer fees has been affected by some of the fees we've received from Chelsea over the last 2 years. The 50m fees we got for both White and MacAllister are probably more in line with realistic market prices.
Even though it is them up the road, I still do not like it when as soon as you have emerging talent they get cherry picked after just one season.
Palace had potentially a team and manager that could push on, now I am not so sure.
I think this season we will be again neck and neck, and they will interesting games.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Even though it is them up the road, I still do not like it when as soon as you have emerging talent they get cherry picked after just one season.
Palace had potentially a team and manager that could push on, now I am not so sure.
I think this season we will be again neck and neck, and they will interesting games.
Couldn't agree more, but money talks

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So allegedly it starts next year, will be completed for the 28/29 season and will cost a minimum of £150m.

Yet somehow I strongly doubt that it will come in on time and on budget.

They’re Palace, they’re Palace, whoa whoa, and that’s the way they like it, they like it.
That is three years to build A stand, one, singular. Not a ground, not a stadium, Ready for 28/29, if on time, if they actually have the money, if Beaky is not bullshitting again.

Astonishing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That is three years to build A stand, one, singular. Not a ground, not a stadium, Ready for 28/29, if on time, if they actually have the money, if Beaky is not bullshitting again.

Astonishing.

Staggering lack of ambition ... I'm all for clubs retaining their ground, if it makes economic sense, this doesn't. AW Stand is virtually derelict, surely you'd spend some money there too? After all, £100m was ring fenced in the project that now is £150m, and then the sale of 3 or 4 stars will realise another £180m ....... oh wait, this isn't stacking up, is it. 10p in the pound anyone?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
I’m sure you are, Loz.

My question to @eaglesdan was to gauge what, behind his bravado, he actually thinks will happen.

As for Glasner, it was widely reported he wanted to take it but Beaky slapped a huge price on it (as is his right to do so). Hence, Glasner will likely have a lingering “what if?” feeling.
Not sure about bravado @Peppermint Tea, but to answer your question, I think we will lose one of Eze and Guehi in this window, and my preference would be Guehi, as we managed OK without him for a larger chunk of the end of the season under Glasner. My comment was based on all the links to our players being posted, and more so in relation to the "widely reported" posts with no actual quotes, although I suppose we were guilty of similar in the last couple of years when Chelski came along with their cheque book

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Staggering lack of ambition ... I'm all for clubs retaining their ground, if it makes economic sense, this doesn't. AW Stand is virtually derelict, surely you'd spend some money there too? After all, £100m was ring fenced in the project that now is £150m, and then the sale of 3 or 4 stars will realise another £180m ....... oh wait, this isn't stacking up, is it. 10p in the pound anyone?
It probably makes economic sense to us, as real estate in and around (even) Croydon will not be cheap so probably still a better option. The AW stand is limited I believe due to having to maintain sightlines for the residents of Park Road. I wouldnt say it is derelict, its just very cramped on the concourse and its a brave man that needs to use the toilets there

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Not sure about bravado @Peppermint Tea, but to answer your question, I think we will lose one of Eze and Guehi in this window, and my preference would be Guehi, as we managed OK without him for a larger chunk of the end of the season under Glasner. My comment was based on all the links to our players being posted, and more so in relation to the "widely reported" posts with no actual quotes, although I suppose we were guilty of similar in the last couple of years when Chelski came along with their cheque book
I’d suggest that “lose one of Eze or Guehi” is bravado. I’ll wager you lose both.

But we can agree that Chelsea are utterly verminous.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It seems you’re getting off on palace supposedly selling off our Crown Jewels . It’s remarkable how finishing above you has changed your mindset 🙂

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It seems you’re getting off on palace supposedly selling off our Crown Jewels . It’s remarkable how finishing above you has changed your mindset 🙂
Laughing at and making fun of is a multi-faceted concept. But I suppose that wouldn't occur to individuals who only have space in the mind for one thing at once.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
You really are an odious cretin. No one is “getting off” more than you…absent for months and then you emerge like the sewer rat you are as your team finish a point above us on the last day of the season.

Do everyone a favour and f*** off.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It probably makes economic sense to us, as real estate in and around (even) Croydon will not be cheap so probably still a better option. The AW stand is limited I believe due to having to maintain sightlines for the residents of Park Road. I wouldnt say it is derelict, its just very cramped on the concourse and its a brave man that needs to use the toilets there

I guess compared with visits to most Premier League grounds, it can appear derelict, as Withdean did. It really isn't fit for purpose.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What about the sightlines of those actually in the stand who want to watch the game?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeh, we are as we suffered the same issue over the previous 2 seasons - although transfer income of £380m should help in the longer term. Main difference being that we managed to finish 6th and qualify for Europe first. I doubt there'll be much reminiscence about the year you finished 10th.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sky Sports reporting that Arsenal are offering Nketiah as a part of the Palace Guehi deal, could be good for them

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
We all know what you get off on Thrush. NSC and a box of Kleenex.
Well done on finishing above us, but you do know that doesn't mean European competition?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here