Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Been away for a couple of weeks, and noticed that this thread is starting to be a bit of a love in. Have to agree that the rivalry between the two clubs is just that, a rivalry, and its satisfying when both our teams give it to the big 6, by taking points off them. Of course the media focus on poor Arsenal with Rice being unfairly sent off, and poor Chelsea, with Hughes not being sent off. I saw the Liverpool Brentford game on Scouse Sports, and the way that they stop the broadcast to hear YNWA being played is now nauseating, as they dont do that for any other club. And the draw for the league cup, with the European teams seeded just stinks

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Been away for a couple of weeks, and noticed that this thread is starting to be a bit of a love in. Have to agree that the rivalry between the two clubs is just that, a rivalry, and its satisfying when both our teams give it to the big 6, by taking points off them. Of course the media focus on poor Arsenal with Rice being unfairly sent off, and poor Chelsea, with Hughes not being sent off. I saw the Liverpool Brentford game on Scouse Sports, and the way that they stop the broadcast to hear YNWA being played is now nauseating, as they dont do that for any other club. And the draw for the league cup, with the European teams seeded just stinks
God - so very much this. Nauseating is absolutely the word. Leeds' is better anyway.

(Mind you, I DID agree that Will Hughes probably should have gone!)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
God - so very much this. Nauseating is absolutely the word. Leeds' is better anyway.

(Mind you, I DID agree that Will Hughes probably should have gone!)
Whilst Rice's second yellow, was widely described as "One of the worst ever refereeing decisions".

it wouldn't even register in the top 100 worst decisions against us from the past 8 seasons.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Palace player removes all reference to Palace from his socials. Trains alone. Good stuff.

To be fair, Rob Holding is one of the worst footballers in the Premier League. And if he played in the Championship, he would be one of the worst players in the Championship. However, if he played in League One he would only be in the bottom 10% of players in League One. He would probably be ok in League Two.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be fair, Rob Holding is one of the worst footballers in the Premier League. And if he played in the Championship, he would be one of the worst players in the Championship. However, if he played in League One he would only be in the bottom 10% of players in League One. He would probably be ok in League Two.
Indeed. Would have much preferred the headline to have been 'injuries in the Palace defence mean an almost certain recall for Rob Holding'.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I can’t believe he made 162 appearances for Arsenal….

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I can’t believe he made 162 appearances for Arsenal….
At a time when Arsenal were off the pace and really struggling. He was a very large part of why that team was drifting, he was incredibly fortunate the level of player around him was ok and that they had good enough attacking players to cover his obscene lack of ability. Full respect to his agent for getting him the contracts that he has and extracting an incredible amount out of absolutely no ability at all. He isn't quick, isn't good on the ball and doesn't have positional sense.

He did have a great quote on the similarly overrated Adama Traore (the one who was running headfirst into blind alleys at Wolves), Holding "fouled" him during lockdown and the microphones picked up his quote, "how has he gone down like that, he's built like a brick shithouse". That's the finest thing he's done in his football career.

I was very pleased when I saw he'd signed for Palace.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
At a time when Arsenal were off the pace and really struggling. He was a very large part of why that team was drifting, he was incredibly fortunate the level of player around him was ok and that they had good enough attacking players to cover his obscene lack of ability. Full respect to his agent for getting him the contracts that he has and extracting an incredible amount out of absolutely no ability at all. He isn't quick, isn't good on the ball and doesn't have positional sense.

He did have a great quote on the similarly overrated Adama Traore (the one who was running headfirst into blind alleys at Wolves), Holding "fouled" him during lockdown and the microphones picked up his quote, "how has he gone down like that, he's built like a brick shithouse". That's the finest thing he's done in his football career.

I was very pleased when I saw he'd signed for Palace.
Traore ALWAYS terrified the Albion though!

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Traore ALWAYS terrified the Albion though!
I always thought he was very much like Kazenga LuaLua - just leave him to run. He's only going to spank it into row Z or run straight into the crowd. Don't foul him, don't double up - just let him be. He's an absolute clogger, sometimes he'll actually do something decent but it's like getting struck by lightning. It's possible, but unlikely.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thankfully the International Break is nearly behind us, an in form Brighton take on lowly Ipswich, at home, whilst a struggling Palace play Leicester, I think we all know how this one plays out!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::mad:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here