Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I think you are missing the point, he signed his new contract with the proviso that if a team in the champions league came asking and 60m was offered, then he could go if he wanted, they did and he did.

TBF I think everyone’s happy with the outcome.
The 60m was in Euros, the actual fee closer to £50m including add-ons, which likely means it wasn't a release clause that Bayern paid.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I had a look at the Nigels official site for an update since this crap, gullible post from Palace's most boring poster.

Any progress, photos, etc? Nope.

But there was this:

May I draw your attention to this line:

"The famous Selhurst Park portacabin".

Where to start? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
In the meantime I assume the H&S Executive will, at some inconvenient point in the not too distant future, slap a prohibition of use ban on that 3rd world crumbling dangerous piece of unreal estate called the Arfur Wait Stand???

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
So allegedly it starts next year, will be completed for the 28/29 season and will cost a minimum of £150m.

Yet somehow I strongly doubt that it will come in on time and on budget.

They’re Palace, they’re Palace, whoa whoa, and that’s the way they like it, they like it.

Attachments

• IMG_4560.png
    IMG_4560.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 70

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So allegedly it starts next year, will be completed for the 28/29 season and will cost a minimum of £150m.

Yet somehow I strongly doubt that it will come in on time and on budget.

They’re Palace, they’re Palace, whoa whoa, and that’s the way they like it, they like it.
£55m more than the cost of the Amex for a west stand replica

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Looks great, problem is at this rate it will be another 10 years before they upgrade the Arthur Wait, so away fans will still be watching football in a health and safety disaster/absolute shitpit for the next decade. Pricks.
I would presume that the larger capacity means a larger allocation to away fans, so instead of having a 3rd of the Arthur Wait it would be 50% so more fans yes but also more toilets and facilities, or maybe away fans moved to the Whitehorse end ??

But I don’t know so just guessing.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I would presume that the larger capacity means a larger allocation to away fans, so instead of having a 3rd of the Arthur Wait it would be 50% so more fans yes but also more toilets and facilities, or maybe away fans moved to the Whitehorse end ??

I remember being down nearer the Holmesdale the first time i went, when McShane scored. It was shit but i don't remember it being quite as bad as the current away end. Still at least there's the outside concourse!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Premier League regulations mean you only have to give a maximum of 3,000 tickets to away fans (or 10% of capacity if your ground doesn’t hold 30,000).

West Ham have been given 2687 tickets for your first home game of the season. So the new stand will mean an extra 300 away fans can attend, it’s not going to make much difference at all (and I can’t see Palace being the only PL club to give more than 3,000 tickets if they don’t have to).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Premier League regulations mean you only have to give a maximum of 3,000 tickets to away fans (or 10% of capacity if your ground doesn’t hold 30,000).

West Ham have been given 2687 tickets for your first home game of the season. So the new stand will mean an extra 300 away fans can attend, it’s not going to make much difference at all (and I can’t see Palace being the only PL club to give more than 3,000 tickets if they don’t have to).
Depends if they want to sell out or not...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Olise gone... Eze next out of the door.

At least they will now have another pot of ring-fenced money to make a start on the ground 'improvements' :thumbsup:

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Olise gone... Eze next out of the door.

At least they will now have another pot of ring-fenced money to make a start on the ground 'improvements' :thumbsup:
Where's Eze going, and for how much? Last week it was Guehi. Maybe Wharton next week? Its great that I can get accurate updates on where our players are off to without having to look elsewhere.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Where's Eze going, and for how much? Last week it was Guehi. Maybe Wharton next week? Its great that I can get accurate updates on where our players are off to without having to look elsewhere.

If the release clause quotes are accurate... it is another epic fail.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

If the release clause quotes are accurate... it is another epic fail.
Is it an epic fail though??

Without the release clauses and massive pay rises, they wouldn't have been able to keep hold of Olise and Eze last season.
Then they would have missed out on their incredible half season, pushing themselves above the Albion and into 10th , yes 10th!!! place.

Shrewd.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Dan, do you think both, one of or neither of Eze and Guehi will be Palace players at the end of the transfer window then?

I’d suggest neither.

As for Wharton, widely reported that he has decided to stay. As is Glasner, albeit I wonder how he will be feeling after being denied to speak with Bayern about that job.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Depends if they want to sell out or

Dan, do you think both, one of or neither of Eze and Guehi will be Palace players at the end of the transfer window then?

I’d suggest neither.

As for Wharton, widely reported that he has decided to stay. As is Glasner, albeit I wonder how he will be feeling after being denied to speak with Bayern about that job.

Glasner would have been known he would loose at least 2 if not all 3 of those players hence he has gone back to a couple of players he has worked with before to fill any gaps, IMHO if had wanted to go to Bayern he would have gone, palace couldn’t have stopped him and if Bayern had really wanted him they would have paid to get him.

Even if we lose Eze and Guehi most palace fans I speak to are very excited for next season.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Glasner would have been known he would loose at least 2 if not all 3 of those players hence he has gone back to a couple of players he has worked with before to fill any gaps, IMHO if had wanted to go to Bayern he would have gone, palace couldn’t have stopped him and if Bayern had really wanted him they would have paid to get him.

Even if we lose Eze and Guehi most palace fans I speak to are very excited for next season.
I’m sure you are, Loz.

My question to @eaglesdan was to gauge what, behind his bravado, he actually thinks will happen.

As for Glasner, it was widely reported he wanted to take it but Beaky slapped a huge price on it (as is his right to do so). Hence, Glasner will likely have a lingering “what if?” feeling.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’m sure you are, Loz.

My question to @eaglesdan was to gauge what, behind his bravado, he actually thinks will happen.

As for Glasner, it was widely reported he wanted to take it but Beaky slapped a huge price on it (as is his right to do so). Hence, Glasner will likely have a lingering “what if?” feeling.
Bayern won't take long to correct the weird appointment of VK I don't think. Following their almost unheard-of trophyless season, he's going to have to hit the ground running or it won't be long before he's back applying for Universal Credit. Glasner may not have to wait too long for Bayern to start tickling his fancy.

That said, if Hurzeler gets off to a flier here, we could be in the same boat.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Bayern won't take long to correct the weird appointment of VK I don't think. Following their almost unheard-of trophyless season, he's going to have to hit the ground running or it won't be long before he's back applying for Universal Credit. Glasner may not have to wait too long for Bayern to start tickling his fancy.

That said, if Hurzeler gets off to a flier here, we could be in the same boat.
Fair point, albeit Glasner is more experienced and, from Bayern’s perspective, a more attractive proposition I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here