Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think the occasional, surprise, long ball should be used. Once or twice in a half to keep their defenders guessing. But the key is a surprise. The keeper waving everyone forward for a goal kick and then lumping it up towards the big man, is a rubbish tactic that is just as likely to result in a swift counter attack as anything else.

Especially if your centre half then lets it bounce... 😉
Agree, worth a "punt" every so often, as you say! Surely only techinically inept teams would let it bounce :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It seems Palace are struggling to keep hold of Mateta now, last one out switch the lights off

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mateta has been utter dogshit in most of his time there, aside from a purple patch in the last few months of the season. Prior to that, before the turn of the year the majority of the Palace GOONSQUAD were screeching "get rid", and would have been laughing up their sleeves had anyone come in for him in January. They love him now, of course. Which would make it amusing if The Spiv cashed in. Its doubtful Mateta's stock will ever rise any higher, so you would't blame him.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I can never get my head round Palace fans being racist, I know most clubs like most communities will have thick as a Boxing Day turd rasist cxxts in their midst’s. But fxxk my old boot it’s a south London team that over the years has and still does reach out to the local community with projects to help minorities from the area.

I bet this is a few blokes in their 50/60s that sit at the top of block A, it’s still 1975 for them, luckily they are pretty much ignored.

I mean how do you support Palace and be a racist….. does that mean they dislike 8 or 9 of the players on the field and sit on their hands when one of our many black players score……sorry for the rant I just can’t compute !

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I can never get my head round Palace fans being racist, I know most clubs like most communities will have thick as a Boxing Day turd rasist cxxts in their midst’s. But fxxk my old boot it’s a south London team that over the years has and still does reach out to the local community with projects to help minorities from the area.

I bet this is a few blokes in their 50/60s that sit at the top of block A, it’s still 1975 for them, luckily they are pretty much ignored.

I mean how do you support Palace and be a racist….. does that mean they dislike 8 or 9 of the players on the field and sit on their hands when one of our many black players score……sorry for the rant I just can’t compute !
Same for me. Palace fans ( for all their faults) would be, imho, the least likely of clubs to have a love in with fuckface.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Same with a few Chelsea (not as many now, but still enough to be an issue)

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Olise - gone
Guehi - going

These were the two that I have always assumed were most likely to leave.

Olise was simply too good to not be playing in the Champions League, and the clause was an obvious bargain for anyone who could activate it.

Guehi was always likely to be sold if he refused to sign a new contract, but we should be able to get a hefty fee with two years left on his deal & arguably being England's player of the tournament at the Euros. I'd be disappointed if he went for anything less than £70m. The Newcastle story this morning reeks of a leak from Palace or his agent to force Liverpool into action, imo.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
These were the two that I have always assumed were most likely to leave.

Olise was simply too good to not be playing in the Champions League, and the clause was an obvious bargain for anyone who could activate it.

Guehi was always likely to be sold if he refused to sign a new contract, but we should be able to get a hefty fee with two years left on his deal & arguably being England's player of the tournament at the Euros. I'd be disappointed if he went for anything less than £70m. The Newcastle story this morning reeks of a leak from Palace or his agent to force Liverpool into action, imo.
That all sounds about right, to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here