Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace down to ten early on

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
And we had 11 players for 3 WHOLE minutes longer than you did..the sending off was after 11 minutes, funky was 8 minutes, yet we didn't fall apart 3-0

You were at home and we had a winger playing at the back along with no bridge. I am sure if you dismantled your back four and had ten men it would have been a different story. But you take that win and kid yourself that was our best 11 and you are world beaters.

Let's see how cocky you are the end of Jan.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll tell you it as you are obviously embarrassed by it (and rightly so) -

17,993 - 17,993 for a Club that could have gone joint top of the Championship and offering entrance at £10 per person !

Now we are on Sky at 5.20pm Saturday kick off vs Watford (29th December) -although we are lower down the league I reckon we will top your attendance. Tune in and see what a real crowd looks like.:D and I bet we don't lose 2-3 either.

Seems odd of you to use Palace's high league placing as a stick to try to beat them with over attendances. And £10 a ticket? Seems even odder in these times when many fans are being priced out to turn your nose at a club for making tickets at a far more affordable price.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Not read all of the posts but I though the scum did well today, even with ten men. I was happy to see Murray play shit but the overall performance was good. Hope that Zaha doesn't choose England and then they will lose both wingers for the African Nations Cup.

If either winger or Murray gets injured for any length of time they will be f***ed. I'll keep sticking pins in the Murray voodoo doll haha

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Ignore Phallus, he is beyond help. Most Brighton fans realise that Palace are the real deal this year, and it looks like we may well go up. 1 defeat in 20 games, and we're only going to strengthen with the money spent in January. Even with 10 men we looked the more likely to win today, and we clearly had the better players.

Only Cardiff and Hull look like they'll be able to compete with us, and look at the money they spent to do it! Cardiff spent more on one player than we have in the last 3 years.

We've got the top scorer in English football, the two best wingers in the football league, a couple of hard bastards in the middle of the field and a top class keeper. We play fluid, attacking and attractive football. We win more games than we draw, and we draw more games than we lose. We've got money to spend, no reason to sell, and a top manager who knows how to get promoted. That's a recipe for success.

I agree. But, I still hate you with all my heart. It's nothing personal, but, and I'm sure you understand this as you are a "sensible" CPFC fan, I find your clear superiority on the field (I'm talking about individual skill here rather than overall team flair) very hard to deal with. Unlike some of my dear NSC colleagues I will not engage in false bravado and (groundless) attacks on some of your players clear and apparent ability. I genuinely believe that CPFC has a very good chance of winning promotion this season but - and I would be genuinely interested in what you feel about this - do you really think that you could live in the Prem? As I have said earlier in this thread I hope you do go up, if you do I look forward to seeing you lose week in week out while we continue to play a more attractive game in a lovely stadium to bigger crowds. Merry Christmas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ignore Phallus, he is beyond help. Most Brighton fans realise that Palace are the real deal this year, and it looks like we may well go up. 1 defeat in 20 games, and we're only going to strengthen with the money spent in January. Even with 10 men we looked the more likely to win today, and we clearly had the better players.

Only Cardiff and Hull look like they'll be able to compete with us, and look at the money they spent to do it! Cardiff spent more on one player than we have in the last 3 years.

We've got the top scorer in English football, the two best wingers in the football league, a couple of hard bastards in the middle of the field and a top class keeper. We play fluid, attacking and attractive football. We win more games than we draw, and we draw more games than we lose. We've got money to spend, no reason to sell, and a top manager who knows how to get promoted. That's a recipe for success.

That's exactly what Seaside would post. Are you his twin?

Regardless of that, firstly if palace go up I will congratulate them, and secondly there is still a long, long way to go before any chickens can be counted. Maybe wait and see until Easter?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not read all of the posts but I though the scum did well today, even with ten men. I was happy to see Murray play shit but the overall performance was good. Hope that Zaha doesn't choose England and then they will lose both wingers for the African Nations Cup.

If either winger or Murray gets injured for any length of time they will be f***ed. I'll keep sticking pins in the Murray voodoo doll haha

Oh good idea for a christmas present. Murray voodoo doll kit along with pins!

Apparantly crystlol palace also lose 'key midfielder' Digitalis or whatever his name is as well for the afcon.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I agree. But, I still hate you with all my heart. It's nothing personal, but, and I'm sure you understand this as you are a "sensible" CPFC fan, I find your clear superiority on the field (I'm talking about individual skill here rather than overall team flair) very hard to deal with. Unlike some of my dear NSC colleagues I will not engage in false bravado and (groundless) attacks on some of your players clear and apparent ability. I genuinely believe that CPFC has a very good chance of winning promotion this season but - and I would be genuinely interested in what you feel about this - do you really think that you could live in the Prem? As I have said earlier in this thread I hope you do go up, if you do I look forward to seeing you lose week in week out while we continue to play a more attractive game in a lovely stadium to bigger crowds. Merry Christmas.

Excellent post my good man. The current Palace side is as you say, very strong in terms of individual ability. We look a good bet for promotion and to finish above yourselves. I also understand that this is very hard to take for Brighton fans as with your new stadium etc., you were supposed to be leaving us behind in your march to the Premier League. The reality is (as you know) rather different.

As for whether we'll survive in the top flight if we get there... not sure. It'd certainly be a difficult season and we'd probably get absolutely tonked a fair few times in our first season. Either way, staying in the Premiership isn't the important thing. The crucial part of promotion that REALLY matters to the club is the many tens of millions of pounds that come with it.

Merry Christmas.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh good idea for a christmas present. Murray voodoo doll kit along with pins!

Apparantly crystlol palace also lose 'key midfielder' Digitalis or whatever his name is as well for the afcon.

We do indeed lose KG for a month or two due to the AFCON. Thankfully we're bringing in a new player to cover for him, as well as the new forwards.

January should be a good month for Palace :drool:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excellent post my good man. The current Palace side is as you say, very strong in terms of individual ability. We look a good bet for promotion and to finish above yourselves. I also understand that this is very hard to take for Brighton fans as with your new stadium etc., you were supposed to be leaving us behind in your march to the Premier League. The reality is (as you know) rather different.

As for whether we'll survive in the top flight if we get there... not sure. It'd certainly be a difficult season and we'd probably get absolutely tonked a fair few times in our first season. Either way, staying in the Premiership isn't the important thing. The crucial part of promotion that REALLY matters to the club is the many tens of millions of pounds that come with it.

Merry Christmas.

Playing in the Premier League in 2013-14 is not something you need worry about. Bless...

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Booing at the final whistle. Shit fans.

:rolleyes:

There were no boos of Palace players at all. The only booing was of the terrible referee as he walked down the tunnel.

The idea that any Palace player could be boo'd after the season we're having is ridiculous.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Playing in the Premier League in 2013-14 is not something you need worry about. Bless...

While we can say with almost absolute certainty that Brighton will be plying their trade in the football league next season, Palace have lost 1 game in 20, will be strengthening the side in January, and look a great bet for promotion.

I understand that this upsets you, but to deny that we have a good chance of going up is simply foolish.

That said, you probably thought you were going to beat us the other week as well :dunce::wave::clap:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
While we can say with almost absolute certainty that Brighton will be plying their trade in the football league next season, Palace have lost 1 game in 20, will be strengthening the side in January, and look a great bet for promotion.

I understand that this upsets you, but to deny that we have a good chance of going up is simply foolish.

That said, you probably thought you were going to beat us the other week as well :dunce::wave::clap:

Put your money where your mouth is then.

How much do you want on it?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

Merry Christmas.

Fair point. Good luck to you.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Put your money where your mouth is then.

How much do you want on it?

Nothing for me, thanks. If you're sure you want to bet money on it you should probably head down to the bookies.

While you're at it, compare Palace's odds for promotion to yours :wink:

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
There were no boos of Palace players at all. The only booing was of the terrible referee as he walked down the tunnel.

I thought the ref was crap aswell, no way should the huddersfield player have been sent off, and the penalty should have been retaken, Speroni was a yard off his line when the kick was taken. :D

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

1 win in 6 and 7 conceded in 3. With the possibility of losing players.

You can call it both ways can't you and whilst your crowds are poor even with greatly reduced ticket prices your board may decide they need the cash?
Time will tellm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here