Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace down to ten early on

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nothing for me, thanks. If you're sure you want to bet money on it you should probably head down to the bookies.

While you're at it, compare Palace's odds for promotion to yours :wink:

We're not talking about us.

But, thanks, we get it now. You have absolutely no faith in Palace's ability to sustain this run. We agree on something it seems.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There were no boos of Palace players at all. The only booing was of the terrible referee as he walked down the tunnel.

The idea that any Palace player could be boo'd after the season we're having is ridiculous.

So were you there?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Didn't you see hudders sending off? Can't see what you had to boo tbh?

I did see the red card but haven't watched it back on the telly yet. Looked harsh to me.

If it was harsh, it was just incompetent refereeing, regardless of whether it helped us or not. He was trying to even up the game and his excitement got the better of him. The penalty was soft (but we've had a few like it) and Delaney was unlucky to see red as he didn't make any contact using his legs.

The officials tonight were appalling imo.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
We're not talking about us.

But, thanks, we get it now. You have absolutely no faith in Palace's ability to sustain this run. We agree on something it seems.

The fact that I don't bet doesn't mean I don't have faith in Palace. I think that we're the best team in the division when at full strength and after January will have a stronger squad than we have now. I think we've got a great chance of being promoted automatically, and we're almost certainly going to be in the top 6.

So were you there?

Yup.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The fact that I don't bet doesn't mean I don't have faith in Palace. I think that we're the best team in the division when at full strength and after January will have a stronger squad than we have now. I think we've got a great chance of being promoted automatically, and we're almost certainly going to be in the top 6.

Yup.

You can't seriously say you dominated the game then? If it wasn't for speroni, town would have been up by three at half time. The second half was even Stephen as I saw it, and the sending off was very lame.

Hope you didn't get involved in the handbags with the town fans after the game...all a bit silly really.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
While we can say with almost absolute certainty that Brighton will be plying their trade in the football league next season, Palace have lost 1 game in 20, will be strengthening the side in January, and look a great bet for promotion.

I understand that this upsets you, but to deny that we have a good chance of going up is simply foolish.

That said, you probably thought you were going to beat us the other week as well :dunce::wave::clap:

You are Seaside and I applaud you for your tenacity! Crystlol palace in third are pretty much already up, and albion with a warchest and just 3 points down on the playoffs are still championship next year ! What happens if we beat you on St Paybacks Day, and then again in the playoff final?

:lolol: :lolol:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ignore Phallus, he is beyond help. Most Brighton fans realise that Palace are the real deal this year, and it looks like we may well go up. 1 defeat in 20 games, and we're only going to strengthen with the money spent in January. Even with 10 men we looked the more likely to win today, and we clearly had the better players.

Only Cardiff and Hull look like they'll be able to compete with us, and look at the money they spent to do it! Cardiff spent more on one player than we have in the last 3 years.

We've got the top scorer in English football, the two best wingers in the football league, a couple of hard bastards in the middle of the field and a top class keeper. We play fluid, attacking and attractive football. We win more games than we draw, and we draw more games than we lose. We've got money to spend, no reason to sell, and a top manager who knows how to get promoted. That's a recipe for success.

Hello wasn't so long ago that you lot were saying that Dougie Freedman was the best manager in the division. When you have to sell Zaha and Murray...don't deny it...it will happen...Murray and Zaha would sell their soul for more wages...yes it would leave you money....but as every team finds out,,,,buying a great striker does not come cheap....and when you get this money.....will your club do the honourable thing and pay off all the firms you ripped off....personally I doubt it...false dawn....

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Oh Phallus, why so bitter?

Palace go down to 10 men after ten minutes, still dominate the game and end up with a point.
Brighton go down to 10 men after ten minutes, get utterly hammered and lose 3-0.

If you describe a run of 1 defeat in 20 games as 'the wheels coming off', I can't wait until we're back on form :) We would probably have won comfortably yet again tonight but for a moment of stupidity from Delaney.

Besides, Holloway said we're not selling in January and we're after another couple of forwards to score EVEN MORE goals. Looks like a season of midtable mediocrity for Brighton while Palace fight for automatic promotion. Merry Christmas :O

Wondered where you will be getting the money from to purchase new players without selling first?? That is unless you decide to spend above your means and bump everyone again when you fall flat on your face

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
the difference between palace and the albion is that palace NEED to go up we just want to go up. utter desperation from the croydon inbreds, this false dawn is giving them hope bless.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Some of the BBS natives aren't too happy with the hoofball on display at crumbling Shithurst Park under Hollow Way. Bring back Deliciously Defensive (or just downright delicious) Douglas Freedman asap, the automatic promotion season is already under threat!!!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Some of the BBS natives aren't too happy with the hoofball on display at crumbling Shithurst Park under Hollow Way. Bring back Deliciously Defensive (or just downright delicious) Douglas Freedman asap, the automatic promotion season is already under threat!!!

Fine by me. I think Ollie can motivate better than Douglas who to me always looked under strain on the bench at Selhurst. It's not easy being a legend..

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
Hello wasn't so long ago that you lot were saying that Dougie Freedman was the best manager in the division. When you have to sell Zaha and Murray...don't deny it...it will happen...Murray and Zaha would sell their soul for more wages...yes it would leave you money....but as every team finds out,,,,buying a great striker does not come cheap....and when you get this money.....will your club do the honourable thing and pay off all the firms you ripped off....personally I doubt it...false dawn....

doubt you were born when bha were in trouble, but try to remember fans from other clubs help to save you

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
We were AWAY and played the whole game with 10 men (unlike Palace today as Hudds had a player sent off) plus we had three officials giving ridiculous decisions in your favour throughout the game. If Hudds had scored their pen then you would have folded. Nice to see a whole bunch of teams gathering behind you to push you out of the playoffs - as said before if we could only get our game together we would be one of them - I still fancy us to finish above you.

What was the attendance at Groupon Park BTW ? sell out surely ?

We are 3rd with 1 defeat in 21 league games I know we have drawn a few lately in which we conceded late goals but I'd rather be in our position than yours and bragging rights at the moment.On what logic would we have folded ?
Ifs buts and maybes pal ...the rest of your post.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
1 win in 6 and 7 conceded in 3. With the possibility of losing players.

You can call it both ways can't you and whilst your crowds are poor even with greatly reduced ticket prices your board may decide they need the cash?
Time will tellm

Just under 18 thousand is shocking disgraceful and pathetic.;)
We are not a big club and neither are you lot

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That clown Peter Beagle still reckoned Speroni was the best keeper in the championship even though he cost them 2 points. If he comes to the AMEX next week I shall give him a peace of my mind

Beagle is almost as far up the Palace arse as Mark Dim :(

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Tell you what, how about we pay off all the firms we ripped off when you pay back all the firms you ripped off? Oh yeah you don't know about them having previously been a man united fan do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here