Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
£10M seems a lot at this stage of hs career - but I suppose it depends on what the bonuses are for. A £1M bonus if they win Serie A, for instance, might be quite a safe bet for Napoli (and if by any chance they do ever win it, that £1M would be worth it!). £1M for every ten appearances he makes - considerably less tempting for Napoli!

Like I said, I hoe we ut in a good sell-on clause!

Bladder trouble? You need a pee?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Last week the Norwegian equivalent of BBC reported that talks have been ongoing for four weeks due to Brighton wanting lots of bonuses. According to them, the initial fee would be £3m with bonuses potentially taking it to £10m.

Saw something earlier when I went hunting after reading
Not much to be found on the Napoli pages tbf
But if its to be believed Napoli hunting a total deal inc add on s of circa 5M poss 3M up front
But we seem to be holding out for a higher figure nearer 6M Now whether that’s the initial fee or inclusive of add ones IDK
Well it is silly season after all

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bladder trouble? You need a pee?

Very old, worn out keyboard on a very old, worn out lap top. Unless I watch every letter that I type - and proof read it - all sorts of things happen with letters not appearing. 'O's and 'h's have got a habit of not responding to the relevant keys being pressed too! As well as pees!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If the club rate Ostigard why are we looking at the Chelsea CB and not promoting Ostigard :shrug:

Because he wants to play - not sit on the bench

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
If the club rate Ostigard why are we looking at the Chelsea CB and not promoting Ostigard :shrug:

I think the club (or Potter) clearly doesn't rate Ostigard that highly, otherwise he would have been involved in the 1st team by now.

It could be that Ostigard's attributes are more suited to another team/country and the Chelsea CB fits more with us (although it's just a rumor that we're looking at him).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the club (or Potter) clearly doesn't rate Ostigard that highly, otherwise he would have been involved in the 1st team by now.

It could be that Ostigard's attributes are more suited to another team/country and the Chelsea CB fits more with us (although it's just a rumor that we're looking at him).

Yes, and in the circumstances I hope we get a fee that justifies the decision. Hopefully not our usual £900K, give or take a bit (Gyokeres, Molumby, Cochrane for example).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yes, and in the circumstances I hope we get a fee that justifies the decision. Hopefully not our usual £900K, give or take a bit (Gyokeres, Molumby, Cochrane for example).

They all went to lower leagues. Gyokeres and Molumby to the championship and Cochrane to Scotland. Ostigard is going to Serie A so I'd expect the price to be suitably higher.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Didn’t Dan Burn make Potters eleven because he impressed in pre season games?

To be fair, Ostigard had the oppotunity to impress Potter in pre season last year. He was given some decent game time too if I remember correctly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

He wants to play every game. Not only does he wants to, he demands it. In the national team break last month he said that other players might not like sitting on the bench - but in his case, he truly hates it. Apparently when he was 17, he knocked on Ole Gunnar Solskjaers door in Molde and demanded to play. Solskjaer couldn't give it to him, so he decided he wanted to leave and eventually ended up in Brighton.

With Webster, Dunk and Veltman in the squad it simply won't be possible for GP to tell Leo that he is going to start all games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He wants to play every game. Not only does he wants to, he demands it. In the national team break last month he said that other players might not like sitting on the bench - but in his case, he truly hates it. Apparently when he was 17, he knocked on Ole Gunnar Solskjaers door in Molde and demanded to play. Solskjaer couldn't give it to him, so he decided he wanted to leave and eventually ended up in Brighton.

With Webster, Dunk and Veltman in the squad it simply won't be possible for GP to tell Leo that he is going to start all games.

Nor should it be, he needs to be an established top player to make demands like that of a mid table PL team. Sounding a bit like Normann of Norwich who expected to be fast tracked into the Albion team as far as I gather from his comments since he left.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The clubs have negotiated for nearly two months now.

According to Norwegian media in the last week, Brighton does not want to sell to Napoli because they make shite offers.

In the eyes of Brighton, the player is valued to €10m. Napoli doesn't want to pay that, or anywhere near it. Instead, Brighton wants to sell him to Torino, as they are willing to pay up.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

According to Norwegian media in the last week, Brighton does not want to sell to Napoli because they make shite offers.

In the eyes of Brighton, the player is valued to €10m. Napoli doesn't want to pay that, or anywhere near it. Instead, Brighton wants to sell him to Torino, as they are willing to pay up.

That stacks up. Some continental clubs don't have the UK levels of TV related income so have much lower spending capabilities.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nor should it be, he needs to be an established top player to make demands like that of a mid table PL team. Sounding a bit like Normann of Norwich who expected to be fast tracked into the Albion team as far as I gather from his comments since he left.

On Normann, I watched him a fair bit playing for our u23s and he stood out: great technique and vision. He wasn't given any opportunities to break through, because our then manager wasn't exactly keen on blooding young players. I'm not surprised he sought pastures new.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Good to hear we are holding out for proper money.
We can’t be giving away a young, but fairly experienced, international who plays alongside Haaland and odergaard .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here