Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ostigard - Sold To Napoli 18/07/2022

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I really doubt any player says that. First team, maybe. Starting place guaranteed, no way. It just fan extrapolation and press blah blah. Don't fall for it.

Short excerpt from NRK:

If there is one thing Leo Østigård hates, it is sitting on the bench. Most players dislike sitting on the bench, but Østigård hates it. With large H.

A transfer to a giant club like Napoli automatically gives greater competition for places, and this is something he has in mind when choosing a club.

- It has always been important for me to play matches. It still will be. And then I know where I stand after playing in Italy for half a year. The bigger the club is, the harder it will be to play, and those are the things you have to consider. I am confident that I will make it work very well in the next club if it should happen, the national team player says confidently.

When he went on loan to Coventry two years ago, he had offers from Brentford & Blackburn but picked Coventry, saying it was because he wanted to be sure to play every game. Last year people thought he might take a place in the Brighton squad but he said in some interview that either he'll play or he wants to leave. No in between. And back in Molde he told Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he either wants to play or be sold... so he was sold to Brighton.

I think it is safe to say that this man hates the bench.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Short excerpt from NRK:

If there is one thing Leo Østigård hates, it is sitting on the bench. Most players dislike sitting on the bench, but Østigård hates it. With large H.

A transfer to a giant club like Napoli automatically gives greater competition for places, and this is something he has in mind when choosing a club.

- It has always been important for me to play matches. It still will be. And then I know where I stand after playing in Italy for half a year. The bigger the club is, the harder it will be to play, and those are the things you have to consider. I am confident that I will make it work very well in the next club if it should happen, the national team player says confidently.

When he went on loan to Coventry two years ago, he had offers from Brentford & Blackburn but picked Coventry, saying it was because he wanted to be sure to play every game. Last year people thought he might take a place in the Brighton squad but he said in some interview that either he'll play or he wants to leave. No in between. And back in Molde he told Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he either wants to play or be sold... so he was sold to Brighton.

Indeed he does. That is a long way with demanding a "guaranteed starting position" though. He simply says he thinks it is important to play games and seems to shy away from competition for places. I very much doubt he as asked for a guarantee at any club. More likely a conversation about how they view him and the likelihood of regular game time from which he has based loan and career move decisions.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Short excerpt from NRK:

To add, pretty sure he was on a season-long loan at Stoke, and he left early in the Jan window, having not started for a month or so.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Indeed he does. That is a long way with demanding a "guaranteed starting position" though. He simply says he thinks it is important to play games and seems to shy away from competition for places. I very much doubt he as asked for a guarantee at any club. More likely a conversation about how they view him and the likelihood of regular game time from which he has based loan and career move decisions.
....and if not promised the likelihood of regular game time............... he ain't gonna sign. Simples. Twist it how you like.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good to have either way. Laptop keyboards don't like grandpa-spunk, USB keyboards are easier to keep in shape.

Yeugh.I'm sure a lot of things don't like it, but what that's got to do with replacing my very old and worn out laptop, I have no idea. Is it a Swedish thing, wan king on electrical equopment, or is it just you?

I think that's probably a rhetorical question, by the way............................

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeugh.I'm sure a lot of things don't like it, but what that's got to do with replacing my very old and worn out laptop, I have no idea. Is it a Swedish thing, wan king on electrical equopment, or is it just you?

I think that's probably a rhetorical question, by the way............................

Its a global phenomenon I think.

Nah but seriously speaking, a dirty laptop keyboard can result in issues with the performance of the laptop... they usually have sensitive ventilation and dust/dirt in the keyboard may overheat the computer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its a global phenomenon I think.

Nah but seriously speaking, a dirty laptop keyboard can result in issues with the performance of the laptop... they usually have sensitive ventilation and dust/dirt in the keyboard may overheat the computer.
Yes - and to complete the full circle, that is why I'm contemplating replacing my laptop! I think that's where I first came in .........................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Napoli in talks to sign Ronaldo … could explain the ‘frugal’ nature on this deal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And even then you had to quibble about it, trying to make it compatible with your earlier, wrong, assertion. San ferry-ann.

I say. Have you risen to the baiting of our faux yankie doodling dandy? Straight outta Woodland (Pizza, Croydon)? The Singapore Orchid (takeway, Croydon)? ???

Yum yum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here