Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 7000

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
True. It makes me laugh that some people don't want to go the Spurs game because it'll "only" be a 17500 crowd.. when was the last time Albion had a home attendance like that?!

I'm surprised this isn't a sell-out though. I do wonder whether those erroneous 'sold out' messages on the website have had an effect - just shows they need to sort out the ticketing company fast because that sort of stupid web design could be costing the club thousands.

is it not sold out then?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's great that it's raining because it won't bother us in the Roost.

I also thing the low attendence will be because people thought they had no chance of getting a ticket.

Now that season tickets are actually dropping through doors (mine today) maybe some will choose to give it a go?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Judging by the fact that the website is experiencing problems with high traffic levels, I assume rather a lot of people are making late decisions to go.

Do I go for it....??

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh screw it, I've got nothing better to do, well I was going to go for a run but it's too wet. Let's DO it, and give the transport system a dry...er...wet run.

Anyone else interested, the ticket phone line for this game closes at midday, so you only have 19 minutes left. You can still buy online up to 1500, and collect at the ground.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just buy a ticket now! You too Edna! It's not about the match, it's about the stadium.

Where are you sitting? Was toying with the WSL as its the same price as the WSU and it'll give me a different perspective from my season ticket seat, then again it is pissing down and the front of the WSL will no doubt cop it. After years of soakings in the South Stand at Withdean, I'm rather hoping to avoid that outcome.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Judging by the fact that the website is experiencing problems with high traffic levels, I assume rather a lot of people are making late decisions to go.

Do I go for it....??

Ticket line closes at midday but online is open until 3pm. Go on, you know you want to, go in the north stand with the Ruffians.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Selecting my seat now.....I swore I'd give the friendlies a miss...I have no willpower whatsoever :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't get my head around this thing about people not wanting to go. No matter how you dress it up or kid yourself you will be missing the first ever match at the new stadium

Exactly. Very strange to me. In ten years time...

"were you at the first match dad/grandad?"
"I was at the first league match yes"
"but was that the first match at the AMEX"
"no they did the Sussex Senior Cup Final first but I wasn't interested"
"oh okay but didn't they play Spurs in front of 17,500, I bet that was good"
"Er no son, I gave that a miss too, Doncaster wasuch more special for missing those two"
"Really, really? what a knob end"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Where are you sitting? Was toying with the WSL as its the same price as the WSU and it'll give me a different perspective from my season ticket seat, then again it is pissing down and the front of the WSL will no doubt cop it. After years of soakings in the South Stand at Withdean, I'm rather hoping to avoid that outcome.
You had to by your season ticket seat when I bought mine so I'm in the WSU.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Exactly. Very strange to me. In ten years time...

"were you at the first match dad/grandad?"
"I was at the first league match yes"
"but was that the first match at the AMEX"
"no they did the Sussex Senior Cup Final first but I wasn't interested"
"oh okay but didn't they play Spurs in front of 17,500, I bet that was good"
"Er no son, I gave that a miss too, Doncaster wasuch more special for missing those two"
"Really, really? what a knob end"

:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here