Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 7000

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
... the first time i see the place i want it to be full to capacity, blue and white everywhere and a league game where we smash somebody. not a cup final to decide a trophy from last season

this, this, this, and more this.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hi Edna - well done yesterday at LGW! If you do go to the game today, could you please check out how many rows at the front of WSL are actually affected by the weather, and post the info? Many thanks - enjoy the match!

In the north there's ground in the front row is wet. Pretty much dry from row 3 back although seats have some water drops on as far as row six

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i cant understand the interest in today to be honest !! doncaster is the game that matters not the reserve game happening today.Do you remember withdean for the masfield game or the forest game?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Asked my grandson if he wanted to go and he replied that he wanted his first game to have a large crowd and atmosphere.
So Spurs game will be our first.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
In the north there's ground in the front row is wet. Pretty much dry from row 3 back although seats have some water drops on as far as row six

Thanks tb

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Some clubs struggle to get 7000 full stop-it's a good gate

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from the spurs website i know it nothing to do with 2day and i thought ill let you all know
Brighton and Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur
Sat 30 July 2011 K.O. 15:00 (AWAY) American Express Community Stadium
American Express Community Stadium
Saturday, July 30
Kick-off 3pm

Allocation: 1,275

Prices: Adult - £21.60. Seniors - £15.30. Under-18 - £10.80. Under-10 - £5.40.

One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders who applied within the application period with 460 or more loyalty points have been successful.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't believe there was anything like 7,000 there today. Somewhere between four and five thousand would be my guess.

What would be your breakdown stand by stand?

I thought there were leas than stated but was told the WSL was better populated than the East and North that I could see.

I reckon there can't have been any more than 400 in the North, 1000 in the East and 1200 on the South. Can't judge West as I was in it.

Last edited:

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
26000 in 1965 ish. I think it was against Notts County. They offered vouchers to the FA Cup game v Chelsea

22nd Feb 1967. Albion 1 v 1 Chelsea. FA Cup 4th round 66/67 season. Johnny Boyle sent off for Chelsea. I missed seeing this match as I was playing football for the 7th Hove Boys Brigade. Dad took me with his works on a minibus up to Stamford Bridge where we lost 4 - 0 on the following Tuesday, with the great Bobby Tambling netting a hat-trick.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
i cant understand the interest in today to be honest !! doncaster is the game that matters not the reserve game happening today.Do you remember withdean for the masfield game or the forest game?

Because the Senior Cup is the oldest competition in Sussex football? Because maybe there is something called non-league football and perhaps, just maybe, people follow this unknown echelon of the game? It's not all about professional believe it or not.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

I thought there were leas than stated but was told the WSL was better populated than the East and North that I could see.

I reckon there can't have been any more than 400 in the North, 1000 in the East and 1200 on the South. Can't judge West as I was in it.

I echo your view for north and south. Was in east so will trust your estimate. I would think there were no more than 3k in the west.

The middle tier of the West Stand wasn't being used. I'd say the rest of the West Stand was about a quarter full at most.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hi Edna - well done yesterday at LGW! If you do go to the game today, could you please check out how many rows at the front of WSL are actually affected by the weather, and post the info? Many thanks - enjoy the match!

I was in Row E West lower just to the right of the dugout area. The seats and ground were wet and I would suggest that it probably went up a fair few rows. But because the rain had stopped before KO I can't be sure how much was affected, but Row E certainly was.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
I was in Row E West lower just to the right of the dugout area. The seats and ground were wet and I would suggest that it probably went up a fair few rows. But because the rain had stopped before KO I can't be sure how much was affected, but Row E certainly was.

Thanks LondonBlue - wet weather gear it is then...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like others I thought it was sold out, and not being a STH I'm worried about getting a Donny ticket, so once I knew there were tickets available I bought four. I tried the online system initially, but needless to say it was shit so I went down to the ticket office Saturday morning.

Really pleased we did it as we can now say we saw the first official game at the Amex, albeit not the first official Albion 1st team game (which will be Donny).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Really pleased we did it as we can now say we saw the first official game at the Amex, albeit not the first official Albion 1st team game (which will be Donny).

Same here. History was made - first game at the Amex and the first goal to be scored at the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here