Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online, phone up, or queue up?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chill your f***ing boots. Ticketmaster have MILLIONS of quids worth of transactions going through all the time. This is the first try of a NEW system.

Jesus wept.

It's not though, is it.

It's the same system the club bought in last season (maybe even earlier) in anticipation of the Amex years. This was a sensible approach since it allowed a lot of Withdean time to be an extended ramp up period for the ticketing system to be ready for this season.

But, I'm on your side still - Ticketmaster are a completely different scale and a direct comparison is not fair.

However, there are a lot of people who have no faith in the ticketing system which means, even if supply exceeds expected demand, many Albion fans go into panic mode and try very hard to get tickets as soon as they can. And any system is going to struggle if, say, 50% (or more) of the customer base all try and make purchases the very first minute they can.

Faith needs to be restored in order to help people behave a bit more rationally, but it feels as though we're in a bit of a vicious circle right now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's not though, is it.

It's the same system the club bought in last season (maybe even earlier) in anticipation of the Amex years. This was a sensible approach since it allowed a lot of Withdean time to be an extended ramp up period for the ticketing system to be ready for this season.

But, I'm on your side still - Ticketmaster are a completely different scale and a direct comparison is not fair.

However, there are a lot of people who have no faith in the ticketing system which means, even if supply exceeds expected demand, many Albion fans go into panic mode and try very hard to get tickets as soon as they can. And any system is going to struggle if, say, 50% (or more) of the customer base all try and make purchases the very first minute they can.

Faith needs to be restored in order to help people behave a bit more rationally, but it feels as though we're in a bit of a vicious circle right now.

Point is though that this is the first time it's REALLY being tested and it's probably the busiest it's ever going to be.

You say ANY system is going to struggle, so how is faith to be restored?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Point is though that this is the first time it's REALLY being tested and it's probably the busiest it's ever going to be.

You say ANY system is going to struggle, so how is faith to be restored?

You want answers? YOU WANT ANSWERS?

(I don't know)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It's not though, is it.

Not helped by the clubs track record of not adhering to it's own policy when issuing tickets e.g. we all know people not entitled get tickets at the expense of loyal fans who should have got them.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
Is this going to be the same problem for non season ticket holders when tickets for matches like Palace and West Ham go on sale and demand is going to out match supply?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
10 minutes refreshing online in a guest house in jersey with just one bar of wireless signal was all that I needed got mine at about 10:15

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm at #6 now in the queue, from #49. This is the point where I'm expecting the line to go dead...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No queue in the club shop now. For those close enough I would say this is the way to go.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Got to Amex at 9-15, doors opened 10-00, 10 people in the queue, tickets sorted ay 10-15. Simples

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here