Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online, phone up, or queue up?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
All very frustrating but one way the club could improve matters is by sharing details of available tickets. IE by introducing communication.

At 10.00am today, they would have known how many tickets were still available and how many fans, 1250 pointers who could still purchase and how many 1000 pointers there were. Such information available on the web site may have shown that there was less urgency for fans to acquire their ticket(s) and could have taken immense pressure off the system.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I've tried 10 times today and keeping getting the "due to high levels of activity...." How do ticketmaster cope when there's hundreds of thousands of e.g. U2, Take That, Kool and the Gang tickets for sale at the 02, Wembley etc? We've got a max of 17,000 - several thousand of which have already been sold. At the moment there are SPURS fans getting to see a game I've waited 14 years to see! Sort it out BRIGHTON!! Grrrr.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
All very frustrating but one way the club could improve matters is by sharing details of available tickets. IE by introducing communication.

At 10.00am today, they would have known how many tickets were still available and how many fans, 1250 pointers who could still purchase and how many 1000 pointers there were. Such information available on the web site may have shown that there was less urgency for fans to acquire their ticket(s) and could have taken immense pressure off the system.

F*** off with your sensible ideas. BHA would NEVER employ you.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've tried 10 times today and keeping getting the "due to high levels of activity...." How do ticketmaster cope when there's hundreds of thousands of e.g. U2, Take That, Kool and the Gang tickets for sale at the 02, Wembley etc? We've got a max of 17,000 - several thousand of which have already been sold. At the moment there are SPURS fans getting to see a game I've waited 14 years to see! Sort it out BRIGHTON!! Grrrr.

Chill your f***ing boots. Ticketmaster have MILLIONS of quids worth of transactions going through all the time. This is the first try of a NEW system.

Jesus wept.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I don't see how that would have helped at all.

All STH's can get their Spurs tickets today. That's more than are available so people are panicking. The information you have said should be made available would not have stopped anyone trying at 10am.

Last edited:

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Success! Tickets bought. only took 3hrs, kicked out of the queue twice and massively raised stress levels. Good work BHA!!!

Good luck everyone keep tapping away at it.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

I understand Ticketmaster's site crashed when Kool and the Gang tickets went on sale.......:whistle:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I think I'm gonna have this hideous loop of hold music engrained in my memory for many years even after I've reached the end of this queue.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Chill your f***ing boots. Ticketmaster have MILLIONS of quids worth of transactions going through all the time. This is the first try of a NEW system.

Jesus wept.

Calm down dear, presumably you've got yours? Regardless, there's lots of things the club could do better as lots of people have commented. I'm not too bothered (yet) because I'm in the same shity boat as everyone else trying at the mo so there's some solidatrity amongst the damned. But, just like when YOU were at school and more and more people got picked for the football team leaving you staring at the substitute bench, the more people getting through leaves one less ticket for me! And there weren't 17,000 people at Hereford, Gillingham, Withdean etc that's for sure! So I'm, like many others, understandably nervous - especially as several mates have theirs now. But also, why should I have to keep trying, queue for 17hrs by phone etc. This is the internet age and many other clubs/ events of far bigger size manage so why can't we? Seems lots of people happy to keep apologising for the poor I.T (not to be confused with the staff) at the club e.g. at Withdean it was "well, wait til we get to Falmer etc". Well we're at Falmer NOW. And this was so so predictable. Has the club just been complacent? Have they done enough? I don't know about the former, but I have an opinion on the latter. As do many others.

PS is Jesus really crying for us this morning? Makes me feel a lot better if so ;)

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
3.5 hours of refreshing and still can't get in. Must've used up all my ticketing luck on the Olympic system!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
How long have punters with 1000 points got to get tickets?

Essentially, we're now into the first come first served for the final tickets stage. More people with 1000 points (or more) than tickets so it's up for grabs now as the late Brian Moore once famously said!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just got back from the Amex.. was there 10 mins in total.
They were taking calls and serving customers (ticket sales)...and i overheard staff there saying that the phone lines were creaking

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Calm down dear, presumably you've got yours? Regardless, there's lots of things the club could do better as lots of people have commented. I'm not too bothered (yet) because I'm in the same shity boat as everyone else trying at the mo so there's some solidatrity amongst the damned. But, just like when YOU were at school and more and more people got picked for the football team leaving you staring at the substitute bench, the more people getting through leaves one less ticket for me! And there weren't 17,000 people at Hereford, Gillingham, Withdean etc that's for sure! So I'm, like many others, understandably nervous - especially as several mates have theirs now. But also, why should I have to keep trying, queue for 17hrs by phone etc. This is the internet age and many other clubs/ events of far bigger size manage so why can't we? Seems lots of people happy to keep apologising for the poor I.T (not to be confused with the staff) at the club e.g. at Withdean it was "well, wait til we get to Falmer etc". Well we're at Falmer NOW. And this was so so predictable. Has the club just been complacent? Have they done enough? I don't know about the former, but I have an opinion on the latter. As do many others.

PS is Jesus really crying for us this morning? Makes me feel a lot better if so ;)

Ha! No, I've not got mine. I'm actually trying to get on so I can give mine to a my housemate.

Other clubs do manage it, those clubs haven't only just moved into a new stadium. This is a ramp up event and errors will happen. If this happened for an actual game I think people would be right to moan. The amount to whinging going on is a bit silly in my opinion.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ha! No, I've not got mine. I'm actually trying to get on so I can give mine to a my housemate.

Other clubs do manage it, those clubs haven't only just moved into a new stadium. This is a ramp up event and errors will happen. If this happened for an actual game I think people would be right to moan. The amount to whinging going on is a bit silly in my opinion.

In fairness, clicking on the "try again" button continuously whilst doing work is a)reminding me how exciting watching live football on Ceefax page 303 was - especially when the scroll bar pauses and you think you've got a slot (similar to when Ceefax blinked and you thought someone had scored but hadn't; that micro-second of excitement...) b) evidence that men, like me, CAN multi-task...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here