Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of the greatest days of my life - Who was there ?.

BHAFC V Sheff Weds FA Cup Semi Final

• I was there

Votes: 96 65.3%
  • I was not even conceived

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • I was not there

Votes: 25 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
my dad went with my brother, I had recently been suspended from school, so I could not go:angry:....was 12/13 at the time:angry:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Went with a couple of mates, fantastic day.
Had a some beers with a few United fans after, and swapped scarfs; they all thought we should have scored at the end and whilst slapping us on the back for such a fine effort predicted that they would kill us in the replay......................the rest is history:rolleyes:

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
^^^^Wrong thread I think, we won, there was no replay!

My memory of the game was good and bad, the clock end had sold out so we
could only get tickets for the lower terrace by the half way line.

The Wednesday fans in the seats above us dropped bottles on us - bad times!

To see the clock end erupt when Case scored - priceless

I think I enjoyed this game more than the final, as for the replay...........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yep. A great day indeed. I was living in walking distance of Highbury as it happened (in Newington Green).

I was living even closer: I could leave my flat at 2.55 and still get to the ground in time to see the kick-off (and frequently did).

Not this time: I was in the pub and remember the atmosphere well.

It was a great day, tempered with a little sadness. It was the last game I ever went to with my dad. He stopped going to the Albion shortly afterwards so it was the last time I watched the Albion with the person who introduced me to the joys of following them.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Went with a couple of mates, fantastic day.
Had a some beers with a few United fans after, and swapped scarfs; they all thought we should have scored at the end and whilst slapping us on the back for such a fine effort predicted that they would kill us in the replay......................the rest is history:rolleyes:

Oops! somehow I got side tracked to the final...........I'm getting to that funny age so these mistakes are to be accepted:wozza:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does anyone have anything more than 47 minutes of video highlights (with Brian Moore commentating) from the Sheffield Wednesday match?

I have that but the video quality isn't all that.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
In the seats, clock end to our left. Was back in London the next day for my first London Marathon. My weekends aren't always like that!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I remember the pre-match booze up in that pub by the side of Vic station, the jam packed tube ride and the fear that the trains would be stopped because of trouble.

the packed Clock End and being able to get in the middle but being so jampacked you couldn't even clap your hands, fortunatly, the crowd seemed to spread a bit and the 2nd half was more comfortable.

Great day, geat win and I have the pic somewhere of myself & others outside the Railway Bell that evening.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Probably THE single most brilliant experience of all my 32 years supporting the Albion! In the clock end!:thumbsup:

borowha

Dec 19, 2008
One of the best days of my life.I had managed to get tickets from the landlady of my then local.She was a friend of Jack Kelsey the Arsenal commercial manager:ascarf: at the time.I got five tickets in the main stand with the Brighton fans to our left in the clock end.After the game had a chat with Steve Foster as he stood outside the main entrance of the ground.We sang all the way back on the train and our wifes and girlfriends said that they heard us five minutes before the train pulled in at Lewes.Heady days and oh for just a bit of that now.

john baldock

Feb 18, 2009
gloucester
i was there,what a day will never forget jimmys goal.Could not get behind goal packed went down the side grear veiw of that free kick.Great days on the 83 cup run have cup final on dvd now took some doing but great quality and makes a great whatch when the wifes out !! beets f*cking corrie any day.:ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here