Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of the greatest days of my life - Who was there ?.

BHAFC V Sheff Weds FA Cup Semi Final

• I was there

Votes: 96 65.3%
  • I was not even conceived

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • I was not there

Votes: 25 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The 83 semi final club in decades to come will be like the survivors of the Titanic or World war 2 veterans. Any ever decreasinf band of people who can say " I was there " for an event which is hardly likely to ever happen again.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Yep both games, I drove a coach from a pub in Hurstpierpoint (not there now I,m told)for the game & the replay

You must have driven me, I went from 'The Pierpoint' by coach for both the final and replay. You're right, The Pierpoint is no longer there - it became social housing. I had many a drunken New Year's Eve in that pub!

john baldock

Feb 18, 2009
gloucester
well said uncle spielberg no matter what happens this season all those games on that run in 83 will live with me for ever,remember a scouser on stanly park after the 2-1 win asking what time was,like i was going to fall for that one just kept walking but felt good inside as i walked back to the coach ha ha :drink:

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
I was there with my dad ,best football memory ever ,blazing hot day ,jimmy case free kick and mosely in goal was unbeatable , and then getting really eyeballs from a carriage full off wednesday on the tube back to st pancras, i was 13.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There, and loved it...

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I was there and as I've said here before, I was last in the ground - having ahd to wait for my mate's missus to exit the ladies.

We travelled on a Coach from the Red Lion in Turners Hill.

:yahoo:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Was there, just turned 20 & was in the clock end halfway up behind the left hand goalpost. It seemed like every crowborough lad over the age of 16 was there.. I'd give my right arm to be able to relive that day. As others have said, I dont expect to see anything like it again

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Was my best day supporting this great club. When I look back everything about the day seemed so perfect. The weather was great, no delays on the train both ways, the atmosphere generated by over 50,000 fans, Jimmy's goal, Moseleys saves, Jimmy Melia dancing on the pitch at the end. I could go on. So many great memories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here