Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of the greatest days of my life - Who was there ?.

BHAFC V Sheff Weds FA Cup Semi Final

• I was there

Votes: 96 65.3%
  • I was not even conceived

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • I was not there

Votes: 25 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I remember being tired and emotional after the game and some idiot pushed me into the fountain at the Old Steine, I could have been killed :angry::angry::angry:

I very nearly ended up in the Old Steine fountain on my stag night.:laugh:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember being tired and emotional after the game and some idiot pushed me into the fountain at the Old Steine, I could have been killed :angry::angry::angry:

sorry that may have been me!

Brilliant day out although I recall it being so hot I had a steaming headache that led to a migrane that evening!!!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yep, was there. Amazing scenes!!!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Ernest, was I there?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
..........at the fountain?

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Ahh, who says nostalgia is a thing of the past!

Probably the high point of supporting the Albion for over 40 years. The promotions were great, especially St James Park in May '79, but that day at Highbury was just surreal. After years of watching the Cup Final on tele' (when it was still truly a national event); to walk out of Highbury that day knowing that my team would be playing at Wembley was just not real. After all my little team just weren't suppose to achieve such things!!

And to think I uttered the words 'dont shoot from there' just before Jimmy blasted the ball home......:dunce:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Brilliant, brilliant day. I remember going with my dad and eldest brother - neither sadly still around - and being up in the stand, about two rows in front of Seb Coe (a Wednesday fan). Still remember the atmosphere on the way back with countless cars stuffed with blue and white, flags and scarfs hanging out the windows. :ascarf:

Awesome - and yes, probably better than the final. Definitely better than the replay :jester:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yep I was there. Sheffield Wednesday fans were (relatively) gracious about the result.

As discussed on another thread I am a fcuking bad loser and one of my really abiding memories of that day was the tube ride back afterwards because I could not get over how reasonable and gracious the Owls fans were. Unreasonably reasonable. Almost made me tone down the wildness of my celebrating.
I've always had a soft spot for them since that day, and I mentioned to a Blades fan in a London pub after Orient this year. He laughed because he said they enjoyed that result in 83 almost as much as we did and they still talk about it to this day !

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Yep both games, I drove a coach from a pub in Hurstpierpoint (not there now I,m told)for the game & the replay

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
wasnt even born

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
pretty sure i was standing on a little box half way up, went with my dad -only 13 at the time.

The football special train on the way back went past Stamford Bridge and remember them all cheering us on :albion:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can still recall standing at our end when Tony Grealish backheeled the ball to Jimmy Case, and the ball flew in a thundering arc towards us, and we literally sucked it into the onion bag.

Truly marvelous scenes.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fan bloody tastic. It's memories of that the have kept me going all these years. Only missed the Newcastle away game (but was there for the promotion game in 1979).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here