Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of the greatest days of my life - Who was there ?.

BHAFC V Sheff Weds FA Cup Semi Final

• I was there

Votes: 96 65.3%
  • I was not even conceived

Votes: 26 17.7%
  • I was not there

Votes: 25 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Yes, I was there and I still consider it to have been my best ever experience watching the Albion, and you could have a beer while standing on the terraces. Someone organised a coach from the factory where I worked, when we got back to Worthing the coach driver drove round and round the car park honking the horn with everyone hanging out of the windows waving scarves and flags, happy, happy days.

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was there.
Don't remember much about the journey there and back, to be honest, but remember going mental when Case scored.
Only bettered by Newcastle away in 79 for me.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I was there, on the side terrace probably about in line with where Jimmy Case shot from.

For some reason it sticks in my memory that the pre-match entertainment was provided by the Metropolitan Police Brass Band in their full regalia - a fact so quaint compared to the noisy pizazz around a modern game that it makes me feel about 95 years old. Whereas I'm only 91.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Yep I was there. Sheffield Wednesday fans were (relatively) gracious about the result. Ah the memories...Fozzie's overhead kick off the line, Moseley's saves, people holding up 'Case' tractor banners that were free from the Argus, Jimmy Case, Robbo...happy days!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Yep I was there with my brother and a mate. I was 15 then. Remember the day very well, standing in what was the clock end. It was a beautiful warm and sunny spring day and the atmosphere was just incredible.

Happy days !!!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was living in Wigan at the time and serving saturday morning detention at school (again)....So could not go as punishment, but my uncle,nephews all went.....
But we did go to anfield OOOOOOOhhhhhh Joy that was, taking the piss out of all the liverpool fans at school. Got picked on sooooo much when we moved up there. Cockney this cockney that.......aaaahhh but that day was sweet and so was monday morning and weeks/months/years after ! God i love this club

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was there, on the side terrace probably about in line with where Jimmy Case shot from.

For some reason it sticks in my memory that the pre-match entertainment was provided by the Metropolitan Police Brass Band in their full regalia - a fact so quaint compared to the noisy pizazz around a modern game that it makes me feel about 95 years old. Whereas I'm only 91.

And they played GOSBTS.

:clap:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I was there,
in the clock end right in line with the Jimmy Case thunderbolt,the whole fa cup run was so special and to think we made the final when nowadays we get knocked out early by the likes of Hartlepool and Mansfield.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yes,I was there...lovely warm sunny day.Travelled up on train and tube from Reigate where I was living at the time.Unbelievable atmosphere and the tension waiting for the final whistle was immense.
Well pissed in the evening and I can remember having a row with my girlfriend....all my fault,but was too pissed to be rational at the time!:drunk:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was there,
in the clock end right in line with the Jimmy Case thunderbolt,the whole fa cup run was so special and to think we made the final when nowadays we get knocked out early by the likes of Hartlepool and Mansfield.

But to be fair we hadn't exactly covered ourselves in glory in the FA cup prior to that fantastic run, we used to dread drawing any of the non league clubs as they usually beat us.

:(

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But to be fair we hadn't exactly covered ourselves in glory in the FA cup prior to that fantastic run, we used to dread drawing any of the non league clubs as they usually beat us.

Indeed. The previous year, despite being a 1st division club, we just about scraped past non-League Barnet (after a replay) and then lost 3-0 at home to third division Oxford United. I think we had a thread on here about that a while ago and that was probably the WORST I've felt as a Brighton fan, so emotionally it was quite a jump!

NB - All divisions are quoted in old money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I mostly remember the fact that it was a beautiful and very hot day for the time of year, a fantastic atmosphere and the feeling throughout that we were gonna win (I felt after the Anfield game that we were destined to win the cup, turns out we did have the chance :down:) and get to Wembley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. The and then lost 3-0 at home to third division Oxford United. I think we had a thread on here about that a while ago and that was probably the WORST I've felt as a Brighton fan, so emotionally it was quite a jump!

QUOTE]

Remember it well, a part time player, a postman (yes really) I believe, took us apart that day.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Fair point but we did knock Liverpool out the following year and in 86 we made the quarter final.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Yep. I was there. Half way up and just to the left of the goal. I remember it was incredibly hot in there and my mate kept dropping the most disgusting farts i've ever witnessed. You didn't smell them, you tasted them! I will apologise on his behalf to anyone who was standing nearby.
Great game though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here