Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic torch arrives in Sussex tomorrow

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
but how splendid that they lost the signal as it went pas the Goldstone Retail Park.

See Archer, we don't forget or forgive!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We got a few free bottles of Coca Cola. Let's face it without them and McDonalds what sort of games would we have. Thank god for the multi's and the corporate side of things.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Yes my Dad is carrying it. Won SE unsung hero for BBC SPoY. He has run youth cricket teams (St Matthias) for at least 30 years. He is carrying it from Wilbury Gardens on Old Shoreham Road. His name is Alan if you want to give him some encouragement

Just seen your dad on the news, hope he enjoyed himself.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1833: BBC Sussex said all traffic had come to a standstill around The Drive, Brighton. The prolific Jane Vickers says the scenes were "unbelievable" in the city, with people jumping up and down with Union flags, waving vigorously.

At least we know where HB&B is, although someone should tell him that it's not Conservative Party Conference season just yet.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We got a few free bottles of Coca Cola. Let's face it without them and McDonalds what sort of games would we have. Thank god for the multi's and the corporate side of things.

Oh bugger, I missed out on a free bottle of Coke ? now I'm pissed off.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
people getting excited and waving flags in brighton is hardly new tho...... remember this?
Amex-stadium-brighton.jpg

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Let's be honest, guys, it looks f***ing shit. Just as it was always going to be. Anybody denying that is lying to themselves I'm afraid.

Christ, what were you expecting? Lasers, fireworks, juggling bears carried along on elephant-back?

It's all about the sense of being there and being part of it!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Someone gave me some ticks for the County Ground. Not being a massive Olympics fan I thought well why not? Have to be honest, had a thoroughly enjoyable evening :)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I was at the Worthing leg. Cycled through the pouring rain and gales to reach Steyne Gardens. Weather didn't stop the crowds turning out - schoolkids, tourists, families, shopkeepers...great to see, if only the clouds could have disappeared for a bit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I enjoyed the event, thought it was well planned and very good.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
At first I was a cinical as many thinking it a corporate parade of 3rd degree celebrities just after our money. It does retain the corporate bull but of the 80000 torch bearers the huge majority are locals of a worthy story that quiet frankly puts most of us to shame. These people are proud to have their 15 minutes of fame and for that and the enlighten stories it is a worthy exercise.
I just wish the media would ignore the few celebs and concentrate on the real people.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well for all the sourpusses on here, I went with my wife and boys to the county ground tonight. It was fantastic - well organised and some good activities and acts. Twist and Pulse, Rizzle Kicks were all a bit of fun.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done to all involved in the planning and organising.

I was about 3 foot away from Caroline Lucas at one point - no sign of HB&B though.

Did see Mendoza though. Clearly he was between media engagements.

greenjam

Jul 14, 2009
Torch stuff at the county ground was ok shaking hands with the former Dutch marine on the way out was gold medal :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

greenjam

Jul 14, 2009
Torch stuff at the county ground was ok shaking hands with the former Dutch marine on the way out was gold medal :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

What state was the pitch in after the event?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here