Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Etonians' Annual Gaudy

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I would trust Ed Miliband and his One Nation Labour agenda to be an improvement on what we have heard from the Bullingdon Club today.

I can't see how replacing one group of capitalist millionaire politicians with another group of capitalist millionaire politicians is really going to change anything.

The fact that Miliband and Balls are the only alternative after their previous involvement in the end of boom and bust is frankly a shocking inditement on the contempt that the Labour Party have for the electorate.

For all the bluster about the global economic storm Miliband and Balls were advising and supporting Brown and his catastrophic failures to sensibly control financial services institutions and an overheating property sector.........not withstanding the other back catalogue of poor decisions.

They shouldn't get a second chance..........Balls apology in Parliament last September should have been his resignation speech. Miliband should have followed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Osborne is a cock,

HOWEVER, reducing benefits to those people who have no interest in working is surely a good idea.

there are plenty of people in our society who need and deserve MORE from the State,(the disabled, elderly, infirm etc.) however there are PLENTY who at the moment are quite capable of helping themselves but simply refuse to, as life is 'ok' for them by living off a combination of Housing Benefit, Jobseekers,council tax credit, Child tax credit etc etc. these people are a drain on those who really need it, and deserve it.

Very rarely delve into political debate on here but I'd like to add the following:

Me and my missus both have jobs and really struggle to get by renting our flat and bringing up our little girl. It's very tough. In the identical flat downstairs from us is a 'single' mum with a little girl the same age on full benefits. She now has the dad virtually moved back in with them (he is a chav of the highest order)... I am not sure if he works but the amount of daytime shagging they do would lead me to believe not!

This is NOT FAIR. I agree with George on this one.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
So George wants to cut the benefits being dished out by this country to the millions of layabouts that are a national burden, and NSC thinks it's a bad idea. Are you people for real?

Except of course that to those on low incomes those benefits are the only reason the private rental market is sustainable. No housing benefit = tenants moving out = empty properties = landlords with no rental income.

This policy is going to cause a property crisis not unlike what happened in Ireland, except it's the PRIVATE landlord who is going to be hit hardest, in their wallets.

In fact it's going to result in people squatting in the flats they already rent, but refusing to pay the asking rental price that the landlord wants. And if he tries to kick them out for being in arrears, whilst he may succeed, the local authority will have to take on the evicted parties, and the result is yet another burden on the taxpayer. That will result in yet more Govt. borrowing, except it will be local authorities who now go bust - result will be either Council tax rises or cuts in services beyond what is already proposed.

The fact is that people on low incomes cannot just 'up' their income unilaterally because the Govt. has cut their other benefit, tax credits, call it what you will, (in fact it's more likely that they will end up having to take on 2nd jobs or work 'cash in hand' in the black economy, reducing the tax take). If they don't, and the landlord ends up being forced to 'take a haircut', they'll have one of 3 options:

a) leave the property empty.
b) sell the property in a depressed market (which will return less than it's market value).
c) accept that they are asking too high rents and that the market cannot sustain them.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
you do understand the irony in this, right? thats New New Labour's pitch, using some victorian Tories ideal of inclusivness across society to foster divisions. genius.
I don't understand it as I would have thought it the last slogan they'd want to use. I do completely trust in my analysis and instinct about which of the two main parties I prefer to be in government.

When someone like Ed Miliband, son of a leading Marxist academic, talks about inclusion and equality of opportunity it is a lot easier to believe than when some old Tory toff mentions "fairness" inbetween bashing unions, people on benefits and any minority group that happen to be public enemies...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would trust Ed Miliband and his One Nation Labour agenda to be an improvement on what we have heard from the Bullingdon Club today.
I appreciate you may not agree with their policies , but lets not have ed milliband as some sort of man of the people working class hero, him and his brother are tax dodgers every bit as bad as the tories, he lives in a 1.5 million pond houyse , how the f*** can he afford that , like cameron and osborne hes never had a proper job in his life , by proper job i mean one outside the closeted world of union political policy chief , tv pr exec type of thing.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Starting with Harold Wilson in the 60s we had 33 years of State educated Prime Ministers and then went back to privately educated ones.

Public or private schools

Clement Attlee (Haileybury)
Winston Churchill (Harrow and Royal Military)
Tony Blair (Fettes)
David Cameron (Eton)
Nick Clegg (Westminster)
Harriet Harman (St Paul's Girls)

State schools

Margaret Thatcher (Kesteven and Grantham Girls)
Vince Cable (Nunthorpe Grammar)
Edward Heath (Chatham House)
Ed Miliband (Haverstock Comprehensive)
John Major (Rutlish Grammar)
James Callaghan (Portsmouth Northern Secondary)
The whole point of going to private school is to get a first class education. not a bad qualification for the prime minister country with trident missiles. Its not the 19th century any more this argument is outdated. We could have len mckcluskie or some other blue chinned son of toil but the country would be bankrupt in a week.
The only enemies of our 'class' certainly in London, are the f***ing ones who revel in seeing us shunted out of town for their multi cultural New Order, and delight in reviling us when we complain. They tend to wear red rosettes.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The whole point of going to private school is to get a first class education. not a bad qualification for the prime minister country with trident missiles. Its not the 19th century any more this argument is outdated. We could have len mckcluskie or some other blue chinned son of toil but the country would be bankrupt in a week.
The only enemies of our 'class' certainly in London, are the f***ing ones who revel in seeing us shunted out of town for their multi cultural New Order, and delight in reviling us when we complain. They tend to wear red rosettes.
You are no doubt looking forward to Boris Johnson at 11.00am. Now there is a true man of the people who can be trusted to prioritise the needs of the many and not the few.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You are no doubt looking forward to Boris Johnson at 11.00am. Now there is a true man of the people who can be trusted to prioritise the needs of the many and not the few.
FWIW I'd have difficulty voting for Boris on the basis of his diabolical barnet, thats not a case of valuing style over substance, its not wanting my country to be represented on the world stage by someone who looks such a c*nt.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Growth forecasts been slashed , we really are in the shit and bashing a few people on benefits is not the answer
Correct.

Clamping down on benefit fraud is something all parties should be doing as a matter of course. What irritates me is that the Tories seem to talk about it at every conference as if it is some new thing that only the Tories have the stomach and capability to tackle when the truth is that they never ever do. It isn't a subject worthy of wasting bluster and preaching to the party core. Just get on with it FFS.

NSC Tories - I'll bet you thirty PEE that we'll still be hearing of plenty of stories of work-shy chavs with 6 kids living on benefits for decades while holed up in a paid-for council house, in ten years time even if the Tories are still in power.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Can some some of the drum bangers for these clowns explain to me how the proposals to allow people to sign away their employment rights in return for tax free shares in their companies will help anyone singularly and the country as a whole please?

Thank you

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Can some some of the drum bangers for these clowns explain to me how the proposals to allow people to sign away their employment rights in return for tax free shares in their companies will help anyone singularly and the country as a whole please?

Thank you

Tax free shares that will be worthless as the more shares you issue in a company the less value they have

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Correct.

Clamping down on benefit fraud is something all parties should be doing as a matter of course. What irritates me is that the Tories seem to talk about it at every conference as if it is some new thing that only the Tories have the stomach and capability to tackle when the truth is that they never ever do. It isn't a subject worthy of wasting bluster and preaching to the party core. Just get on with it FFS.

NSC Tories - I'll bet you thirty PEE that we'll still be hearing of plenty of stories of work-shy chavs with 6 kids living on benefits for decades while holed up in a paid-for council house, in ten years time even if the Tories are still in power.

100%. if you ever need an example of divide and rule the benefits argument is that. Whispering in peoples ears ;ook what he's got mate eh and he hasnt lifted a finger. We'll sort that out for you.

Going back to bushy's post, its not post war Britain now and we dont need this welfare state that was designed for a very different Britain and is now so engrained in the public consciousness its virtually impossible to get consensus to reform. But in an aging population that has spent all its savings like an elderly couple who have replied to one of the release the equity on your house adverts on daytime tv, we simply cant afford it. but we could if we got our act together and invested. build stuff. make stuff. boasting about a few funny hoovers and how we invented the internet is laughable from the cradle of the industrial revolution.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Growth forecasts been slashed , we really are in the shit and bashing a few people on benefits is not the answer

Is it just a few people? Of course there have been freeloaders and spongers since time immemorial but as has already been endlessly stated the problem has now become endemic and inherent in our culture whereby those who 'don't fancy it' live their lives akin to Gripper's neighbours.
There is a lot of lazy people in this country but there is a truck load more of the hard working kind who get so riled by similar stories CONTINUOUSLY (and not just in the daily mail either) when they are struggling themselves to make ends meet.
And no, it's not about cutting pensioners benefits, it's about cutting the benefits of those who wont work because, quite simply, the option is better to receive benefits instead.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Is it just a few people? Of course there have been freeloaders and spongers since time immemorial but as has already been endlessly stated the problem has now become endemic and inherent in our culture whereby those who 'don't fancy it' live their lives akin to Gripper's neighbours.
There is a lot of lazy people in this country but there is a truck load more of the hard working kind who get so riled by similar stories CONTINUOUSLY (and not just in the daily mail either) when they are struggling themselves to make ends meet.
And no, it's not about cutting pensioners benefits, it's about cutting the benefits of those who wont work because, quite simply, the option is better to receive benefits instead.

Won't work or can't work ? How do you know ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If we used all the money spent on housing benefits to replenish the housing stocks of council housing and stopped people buying them it may be a start and the more affordable council houses the less rent the private landlord can charge especially if he didn't receive housing benefit money.

Why should the taxpayer subsidise Tescos etc paying low wages so that they can make mega profits ?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't understand it as I would have thought it the last slogan they'd want to use. I do completely trust in my analysis and instinct about which of the two main parties I prefer to be in government.

When someone like Ed Miliband, son of a leading Marxist academic, talks about inclusion and equality of opportunity it is a lot easier to believe than when some old Tory toff mentions "fairness" inbetween bashing unions, people on benefits and any minority group that happen to be public enemies...

Is that the same Ed 'man of the people'Milliband who lives in a house worth well north of a million quid..............can't be surely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here